• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Young Consultants: Respect & Age Perception in Sales

Some people feel like they can't relate to a young consultant because they feel like they themselves can't relate to being young.
EmmaLeeM
I know from working in past sales that it seems to affect how some people feel about you. Is there an average age of most consultants? and I ask the younger consultants, have you had an issue with being young/ or getting respect?

Thanks,
Emma

Well...I'm only 20 and not married- had my first show when I was 19. For the most part, people have been pretty accepting of my age and the fact that I don't cook for a family every night. However, there's always one every now and then that has to comment on the fact that I am only 20 and especially that I'm not married and I won't have time for all this if I were...blah blah blah. And I don't understand how hard it is to cook for a family or even make time to. That doesn't slow me down though. I love Pampered Chef and I've only been selling for 5 months now. I had a rough start, but once I got going, I've been doing great. I feel like I will still be able to do all this once married and all. That is what's so great about it - you set your hours!!

...i turned 18 in dec. 2004 and started selling pc in march 2005 and have been selling ever since. i have not had any problems. i actually just quit my full-time job to sell pc full-time and stay at home with my 9 month old. i actually asked my director if i was the youngest one in our cluster and she said i was the youngest and there was a lady i believe she was 80 that was the oldest. now that's what i call an age range.hahaha!!

i have had some people question my age (28). they want to know how i can have a family, a career and a home and keep it going smooth. i guess i am caught in the middle of the age gap!! not young but not older eithr...lol for now!! i just tell people my business is my familys business as well. we do it together and when i am home i am momma and a wife. when i am a party i am a consultant, momma and a wife as well

Same hereBeing 28 I actually make some older women feel good that there are still some young women out there who cook and don't eat out everyday. They really are impressed with the fact that I cook almost every night and not just microwave food, no offense intended, but I was raised to make everything from scratch. I mean I do use packaged items at times like PC recipes tell us to, but at other times I like to go all out and cook up a storm.
My husband and kids love it. I am always experimenting with recipes and I love to cook and bake!! It's in my blood!!
At my shows I talk about how I home school my two oldest kids, I chase after my 21 month old, I nurse my 4 month old and I still have time to do shows because it's so easy. Even for those who don't cook, I have many friends who don't, PC tools get them in and out of the kitchen faster which is great for them. Pc tools work for anyone, and alot of our tools can be used out of the kitchen as well. A Pc business is for someone who wants to be their own boss, earn some extra money, earn FREE products, great trips and meet new people everday!! I love it!!!
Debbie

Just as a contrast to you young whippersnappers, I'm an old fart. So far, the population in the bulk of my shows have been people middle aged and up. The younger people seem to be either in awe that someone my age can still carry the crates around, let alone cook, but mostly seem respectful of the experiences that I bring to the show. (If they only knew - so don't tell 'em, okay?)

I've got a show coming up where I'm going to be older than the host's mother. That's unusual - I'll let you know how it goes.

young onesAfter I signed up in Nov. last year, I called my brother to say he and his wife had to host a party so I could come visit them at a tax deduction. Well, three days before my SIL had had a $800 party with a 19-year-old that had been in their youth group. The girl signed when she was 18 and has been very successful ever since. Obviously, no one has a problem with her age....BEE

I think for the most part no, but I sometimes feel like people look at me and wonder because of my age if I'm good or not. I am 27 but I have people tell me all the time I look like I'm barely 20. For these people I try to get them to a show in my home, once they have seen me in action, they usually change their minds.

i have to agree with you there. alot of people tell me i look much younger than 28 and half time i act like a kid. i forgot to grow up along the way!! i like to have fun and sometimes have to much fun!! i guess in some ways i am a little immature but when i am doing a show or CCC i try to be professional but be myself as well. does that make sense??? lol....

Growing old is mandatory.

Growing up is optional.

;)

thats it exactly!! most of my friends are several years younger than me and my kids are my best friends. it makes me proud when my kids say there mom is "cool"...lol!! life is to short not have fun

monica_sweetconsultant said:
thats it exactly!! most of my friends are several years younger than me and my kids are my best friends. it makes me proud when my kids say there mom is "cool"...lol!! life is to short not have fun
Age is a matter of mind.

If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Me Too!
tiffanypc05 said:
i turned 18 in dec. 2004 and started selling pc in march 2005 and have been selling ever since. i have not had any problems. i actually just quit my full-time job to sell pc full-time and stay at home with my 9 month old. i actually asked my director if i was the youngest one in our cluster and she said i was the youngest and there was a lady i believe she was 80 that was the oldest. now that's what i call an age range.hahaha!!

I signed when i was 18 also. I love have good tools to cook for my husband! and i love having adult time away from my 8 mo old. I wish i could get some of my younger friends to do this...but they wont try it... I really love this job and all the friends i have made. people never question my age. most people make fun of horrible teenagers in front of me like im one of them :p little do they know im a 19 year old whippersnapper :p :D ...

tiffanypc05 you should email me sometime i would love to keep in touch with some other "young mothers"

1. How can young consultants gain respect from older clients?

Young consultants can gain respect from older clients by demonstrating professionalism, knowledge, and confidence in their products and sales techniques. It is important to dress appropriately, use proper language and etiquette, and be well-prepared for sales presentations. Additionally, actively listening to the needs and concerns of older clients and providing excellent customer service can also help gain their respect.

2. Are there any specific strategies for young consultants to overcome age perception in sales?

Yes, there are several strategies that young consultants can use to overcome age perception in sales. One approach is to focus on building relationships with clients and showing them the value and benefits of the products, rather than just focusing on making a sale. Additionally, young consultants can leverage their knowledge and understanding of social media and technology to reach a wider audience and showcase their products in a modern way.

3. How can young consultants handle objections related to their age during sales?

When faced with objections related to their age, young consultants should remain calm and professional. They can address the concerns by highlighting their qualifications, knowledge, and experience in the industry. It can also be helpful to share success stories or testimonials from satisfied clients to showcase their abilities and credibility.

4. What are some common misconceptions about young consultants in the sales industry?

Some common misconceptions about young consultants in the sales industry include the belief that they lack experience and professionalism, or that they are only interested in making a quick sale. However, this is not always the case. Many young consultants are dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about their products and providing excellent customer service.

5. How can Pampered Chef support and empower young consultants in their sales career?

Pampered Chef supports and empowers young consultants by providing training, resources, and mentorship opportunities to help them develop their sales skills and grow their business. They also offer a supportive community where young consultants can connect with and learn from experienced consultants. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers incentives, rewards, and recognition for young consultants who excel in their sales career.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • crystalscookingnow