• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Warn Customers About Upcoming Restyling? | Garlic Press Dilemma

In summary, there is a discussion about informing customers about restyled products. Some people believe it is best to be honest and let customers know, while others think it is better to not mention it to avoid affecting their spending. It is suggested to inform customers in a neutral way and let them make their own decision. However, some people have had positive experiences with being informed about restyled products and appreciate the honesty. There is also a mention of liking or not liking certain products and the importance of considering the customer's best interest when informing them about restyled items.
babywings76
Gold Member
Do you warn customers if what they are wanting is going to be restyled in a few months? I have a guest who wants to order the garlic press. I am assuming it's best to just play dumb and not even mention new items so people don't hold out on their spending, right? But if I don't let her know, will she be frustrated that she just bought something that is getting improved (well, I don't know if it's necessarily an improvement, but a style change)?

Since you are questioning it, I would be honest and let her know.
If she wants to order it now she will, if she wants to wait then that is her right. But, since we know, I'd tell anyone wanting a prod that was being restyled...

I would mention it something like "If you love this garlic press now is a great time to get it as the company is redesigning it and I know/don't know what it looks like or how it will work". That way she can choose to order or not. :) Good question

When the new rotary grater was released and the old one was being discontinued, I would wait and see who had the grater on their order and I would mention it to them in passing. That way if they decided to wait and order the new one, I felt like I had helped...several times they waited and decided to order something else in its place, and several times they said that they'd go ahead and order the discontinued one anyway. It was a split market, really. :) I just felt like I should at least give them a heads up on things like that...and they really seemed to appreciate my honesty. Hope this helps...

I always take the list of retiring and restyled items to me show. I want them know it is going to be restyled. I do not want them to think I deceived them in any way when they see it different a few weeks later in the magazine.

I try to always put myself in their shoes and remember what I would want to know and I know I would want to know.

Yeah, I let them know. Some people will prefer to go with the tried and true, while others will prefer to go for the new design. For me, it's a matter of customer care.

I too let them know when the current colanders were redesigned I pushed the others like crazy (same with the old veggie peeler)

Okay, glad to hear that it's okay. I really want to tell her. I'd feel guilty if I didn't, this way they can make an informed decision and not be mad at me if they find out later it's changed. Plus she is my star host that I had my biggest show with. We are friends, too. So it feels natural to tell her. I just wanted to be sure.

I signed up right before the new rotary grater debuted. I signed up when I hosted a show through a friend. When it came time to do my order, I had that one on the list. She said "oh no - the new one is coming out and you are going to love it. Buy it when it comes out." I was already planning to spend the money so I just swapped it out for another item.

I was so glad that she told me that. I got the new one as soon as it came out and I love it. I would have been frustrated if I knew she held that back just for the extra commissions in the sale.

In the end, I think it makes the customer happy and more loyal when you are looking out for their best interest.

I didn't know the garlic press was going to be restyled until I saw this post. Any other news from leadership I've overlooked? (And yes, I always let people know that items are being discontinued and restyled. If they love it, they can buy it now.)

I am not a fan of the Rotary Grater. But I LOVED the DCG and was very disappointed in the Rotary Grater. I have taken the grater out of my kit completely. I know I need to learn to love it b/c I sold Graters all the time, but it hurts my hand when I use it and I am just not comfortable with it.
I had told people that I personally like the old one and wasn't totally sold on the new one but it was their call to make. I feel it is better to give them the option of choosing how to spend their money.
This was the same scenario with the colander and bowl set. I sold a TON of them before they were redesigned. I think the new set is flimsy compared to the old.

The restyle on the garlic press is NOT a big deal. The cleaning tool is stored in a different place. It's in the underneath part of the handle instead of on the press part. The press itself is the same.

When the knives were being redesigned, I let people know and a guest asked if they were on sale. I told them no, but if they wanted one I would give them 5% off - it wasn't much and I didn't think it would make a difference, but I sold a lot of knives that night and it probably helped my sales since they felt like they were getting something on sale!

Yes, I definitely warned one of my bridal registry brides, at the time when she selected
Professional cookware, and I knew it was going to be discontinued the March before her wedding. She insisted on staying with that pattern because she wanted the steamer.
It is a good thing she did. We still do not have the steamer for the Executive line, as far as I know. She also wanted the Vanilla glaze and I warned her. It too was discontinued before she got all she wanted. Oh well. At least I gave her the benefit of the doubt,
so that I had peace of mind when we dropped some major items on her list.

That being said, I have not made announcements at my Shows. Generally, I would only mention it to someone who is contemplating a purchase, if there was a second choice that they could make. In other words, I would not want to kill a sale for my hostess.

1. How do you ensure the safety of your customers when using Pampered Chef products?

At Pampered Chef, we take the safety of our customers very seriously. We have strict quality control measures in place to ensure that all of our products meet safety standards. Our products are also rigorously tested by independent labs to ensure their safety. Additionally, we provide clear and detailed instructions for the proper use and care of our products to minimize any potential risks.

2. Are your products safe to use in the microwave and dishwasher?

Most of our products are safe to use in the microwave and dishwasher, but it is important to check the specific care instructions for each product. Some products may have certain parts or materials that are not suitable for these appliances. Always refer to the user manual or product label for the proper use and care instructions.

3. What should I do if I receive a damaged or defective product?

We stand behind the quality of our products and want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchases. If you receive a damaged or defective product, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to resolve the issue and provide a replacement or refund if necessary.

4. Can I return a product if I am not satisfied with it?

Yes, we offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. If for any reason you are not completely happy with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please reach out to our customer service team for assistance with the return process.

5. Are Pampered Chef products only available through consultants?

Yes, our products are only available for purchase through our network of independent consultants. This allows us to provide personalized service and support to our customers. If you are interested in purchasing Pampered Chef products, you can find a consultant in your area through our website or by contacting our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • jbakerpc
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Love Lauren