• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Planner Is Best for You: Consultant vs Other Options

The current format is two pages- one for the month and one for the week. The new format is that each week has a different layout and is spiral bound.
Jen1409
Do you use the consultant planner or do you use a different one? If you have used both which do you prefer?

Re: Planner?I have always used the consultant planner.

Re: Planner?I use the montly pc planner, but has what are the thoughts about the new weekly planner from PC??

Re: Planner?
Shell Northway said:
I use the montly pc planner, but has what are the thoughts about the new weekly planner from PC??

Is this already out? I heard from my ED that we would be getting one, but haven't seen one yet. Franklin Covey used to do one for PC when I first started, and I loved it. I know Ann created one that's similar, but I never got around to ordering one. I currently use my PC calendar.

Re: Planner?I seen one from my upline director. And I think you could download off of the website.

Re: Planner?Yes you can download it from CC.

Re: Planner?I use the consultant planner

Re: Planner?I've been using the weekly one from CC. For show bookings I used my own personal weekly one, but to manage all my stuff personally I used our monthly consultant planner. I can't wait to get an official weekly planner from HO!

Re: Planner?Wouldn't it be nice if that is what they sent us instead of the montly planner??

Re: Planner?Shelly, from what my ED said, that's what we should be getting!

Re: Planner?Cool!!! Then I am really excited about getting my new planner!!

Re: Planner?I use the one chefann created through Cafe Press. I like having both the month (for scheduling shows) and the week (for my personal time management).

Re: Planner?I had a brief training on this last night. Personally I was resisitant b/c I like seeing my month in one glance and want to keep things simple. The idea though with using the weekly is that there is a psychology in flipping pages. When you flip 2 pages on the monthly you have pushed yourself way out with the booking, yet when you flip 2 pages with the weekly you have only gone out 2 weeks. Gonna ponder on the idea a bit before I choose.

Re: Planner?I downloaded the weekly one on a flash drive, took it to Office Max and had them print and spiral bind October 09 forward to end of Feb 2010. It turned out great and only cost $4!

Chef Endora said:
I downloaded the weekly one on a flash drive, took it to Office Max and had them print and spiral bind October 09 forward to end of Feb 2010. It turned out great and only cost $4!

I did the same thing & had them put the PC planner cover & back-cover on it as well...$2.19 at Staples

Re: Planner?So...does Staples have the PC covers or do you have to buy those separate?

Re: Planner?when are we getting these? for some reason I thought we usually got our planner in October and it is now the middle of November so I'm thinking maybe I was wrong...lol

Shawnna said:
when are we getting these? for some reason I thought we usually got our planner in October and it is now the middle of November so I'm thinking maybe I was wrong...lol

I've always thought of it as a Thanksgiving gift from Pampered Chef as it usually arrives at about that time of the year. So, they should start arriving any day.

Re: Planner?Some of the folks in Canada have received theirs, so I'm sure we're not too far behind :)

Re: Planner?I switched to the weekly right after NC, I've noticed that I can write my contacts for the day in the column, with more info than before. I have also noticed my number of parties per month increase. I was doing 3/5 parties per month, but since Oct, I had 7, Nov 5, dec 6, jan 9...
I'll post a pic of mine later, did a show last night, doing another tonight.. :)

Re: Planner?For those who have the new planners or who have seen them, is there a section where you can see the entire month on the two pages (like how the current planner is, but with just the weeks in between)? Hope I explained that right, because I like going back and looking at a full month at a glance sometimes to see how/what I did in previous months.

Re: Planner?My new planner just arrived. Thank you Pampered Chef.

It is an interesting format. Not sure if I'll be using it or not.

Re: Planner?Jeanine - do you think you could scan a page in and post it?

(can you tell I'm anxious to see it :D)

chefjeanine said:
My new planner just arrived. Thank you Pampered Chef.

It is an interesting format. Not sure if I'll be using it or not.

How is it different than past years???

Re: Planner?Someone mentioned in the "2010 Calendar" thread that it had a space for morning, afternoon and evening, which intrigued me to want to see it. NOW. :D Maybe it'll arrive today and DH can bring it to work for me....

NooraK said:
Jeanine - do you think you could scan a page in and post it?

(can you tell I'm anxious to see it :D)

No, I do not have a scanner. Sorry.

heat123 said:
How is it different than past years???

Well, it is laid out by weeks. It is still 8.5 x 11 (approx) size -- but it is wide, not tall. The top flips up and you have a week above the spiral and a week below.

It does not have a full display of each month (and I really do like to have an overview w/ all my stuff noted).

Without being able to scan it, you will really have to see it to understand.

Re: Planner?I think I understand. I can see why they would do it the way that they did. Open up the planner, it shows one week. Nothing available for that week, flip it over and give them more options.

Re: Planner?Hm... doesn't sound like I'm going to like it :mad: The whole point of having a weekly, was so that the potential hosts would only see a week at a time, and each flip would move forward just one week. And I don't really see a top flip planner as being handy for me (I was so looking forward to using the cover I had for my old Franklin Planner again).

Maybe they'll post a weekly calendar for 2010 on CC soon, and I'll just take it to be bound at Office Max...

Re: Planner?It sounds like you can have it folded over so that only one week shows at a time. Just turn it over to show the next week. Then flip a page to get to the following two weeks.

I love a month at a glance for my whole life, but I think the weekly is more effective for booking.

Becca_in_MD said:
It sounds like you can have it folded over so that only one week shows at a time. Just turn it over to show the next week. Then flip a page to get to the following two weeks.

That is correct.

Re: Planner?Hmmm, I will be curious to see it. I just switched to the weekly view a couple of months ago and love it - much easier to book in close. I don't think I like the idea of having to flip the calendar over, doesn't sound very 'smooth'. No big deal though, I can just print my own since it is so inexpensive.

Re: Planner?I think that it's awesome that they GIVE us an official PC calendar each year. They could just have it on the supply order. It may not be what everyone likes but we've always had the option of using something different.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to show them 2 weeks at a time and I like that it's got more room for each day so I can put everything, including non-PC things in one place without it getting too busy/cramped looking. I have never used anything but a monthy calendar but I am willing to give it a good try. People are having great success with the weekly!

Re: Planner?i bought a 2010 calendar that has both monthly and weekly. i like looking at the monthly so i know what i have planned for the month and then i use the weekly planner for my to do lists for the week. i was going to use the pc planner to take to my shows for the bookings i get.

Re: Planner?I'm with Sandy. I already got my planner for 2010 (purchased myself) and I have an "At-a-Glance Quick Notes Monthly/Weekly" planner. It has tabbed months (which I must have) and each month on one page so I can see it all at once (another must)..that's on the left hand side then on the right is a 'notes' page for jotting things down. That's where I keep my Post It Collection with info for each show. Then behind that quick glance is each week with ALL 7 days & the times go to 8:45pm each day. Many planners dont give you the weekends or just Saturday but nothing for Sunday. I have always used a monthly planner since High School as I need to see "the big picture" but I am going to try the weekly as well and I do like that I can 'schedule' my evenings for Calls, host coaching etc. OH and this one has a clear folder attached at the back (behind the back cover) so that I can store things in there. Wish it had a few more then I could have the host/guest specials. Now I will just put the 3 month on one sheet version that I get from here (That rocks mind you).

The new one coming from PC does not sound like I will enjoy it.

My apologies for my opinion being so lengthy. :D

Re: Planner?Melissa, I think you and I have the same planner! LOL. I guess great minds think alike. Now, to just fill that planner with dates! I also do the stickey notes too. I put the name address, phone number and email on a post it (with the date incase they get taken off by the little ones) so incase they reschedule i can just move the post it note.

Re: Planner?Sandy I LOVE YOU! :) That is EXACTLY what I do with stickies. I hate marking up my calendar and having it look like poo. The stickies work best. I mark out my days i want to book shows with stickies and then I know what my goals are. Right now I like Wed, Fri, Sat/Sun. 3 is tops, prefer 2. Also I love the notes pages so I can jot down stuff there and currently I amworking with a sticky note process there too... I have a sticky for every show with the show date, time & hostess name at top. Line drawn under that. Then I write down the middle of the postit: (write it down the middle so that you can put the dates to the left of it and still have a little more room to write on the right hand side if need be)

Call #1 (host coaching #1)
Call #2 (HC #2)
Invites (means the date I send out invites)
Call #3 (HC #3)
Show & TY (Show date and Thank you written out and mailed)
Close Show

Then in bottom right corner I draw a box and write in it:
CCC By: (that means I need to do my Customer Care Calls by X date)

This post it creates a check off list for me, keeps everything organized, can be easily moved with the show (say to another month) AND I fill that out when the guest books the show and I plan on having post cards made up and I want to give it to them at the show when I book their show so they go right home and put it on their refrigerator/calendar. (on the post card though have the date that they have to have their guest list to me by)

Then on the DAY of the week of the show, I have a Post-It with all of the host contact info incase I am at work or on the road and stuck in traffic, I can contact them via phone, email etc. When I know the show is a solid 'go', or after the show, I remove the sticky and write the information actually on my calendar so that I have it for future reference.

Also at the top of each month I have stickies with the peeps that said they may be interested in hosting a show. I keep moving them month to month until they book or say NO for sure. Then its always there to remind me to not forget about them.

I found I was horrible at host coaching and following up with people so I took my OCD issues with organization at work and applied it to my planner. If i commit on paper and know I have to do it, it gets done. Can I just say, I LOVE MY PLANNER! :)

Re: Planner?wow! i love that. i am going to steal that from you! i am terrible with cc calls and that is part of my goals for 2010 is to make my 3-2-1 each month and make my cc calls and to earn the 2011 trip.

Re: Planner?Like the weekly set up but like the one from PC Corner that has it broken into times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShellBeach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Poll
  • DanielleQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedalf