• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Recipe Calling for the Wrong Amount of Cream Cheese?

In summary, Noora discovered that the recipe she was looking at called for a different amount of cream cheese than the ones she was used to seeing. She was not sure if she had ever seen a 3 oz package of cream cheese. She also shared that she hasn't been a big cream cheese fan and that she likes to use it in recipes that call for it.
NooraK
Gold Member
I received a couple of files of cookie press recipes from my HD. I was going through them, editing spelling and adding °F etc. I was looking at this recipe, and it doesn't make sense to me that it would call for 1 pkg of cream cheese, but then state that it should be 3 oz. I don't know if I've ever seen a 3 oz package of cream cheese. I could see how it would be possible that if the recipe was originally hand written that someone could see an 8 as a 3.

What do you think?

Lemon-Cheese Pressed Cookies
1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
1 pkg. (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Grated lemon peel
1 tbs Lemon juice
2 ½ cup Flour
1 tsp Baking powder

Cream butter, cheese and sugar until fluffy. Blend in remaining ingredients. Cover, chill for 1 hour. Heat oven to 375®F. Fill cookie press with ¼ of dough at a time; form desired shapes on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown on edges. About 5 dozen 2-inch cookies.

hmmm at first id say typo, but then i think cream cheese is avail in little tubs that might be 3 oz?

Actually there are mini boxes that are only 3 oz. The reason I know... I hated seeing the three oz ones when I needed 4 oz! 4 meant I had to buy a full box and only use half and throw the other half away!

I'm about 99% sure that I've seen the 3 oz ones. ;)

It probably is right - you can buy mini boxes of cream cheese. I have never purchased one but I always thought they were 4oz. but I guess they must be 3oz.

Yes- the mini's size is 3 oz. And don't through out the other half of a full block! If you like cream cheese on your toast, bagel, or even fruit....I like to soften the cream cheese so it's mixable, then I add brown sugar (to taste- but a block I probably add 2 Tbsp), and about 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla (depending on how much cream cheese I'm using). Mix it up and I have a great French-Vanilla cream cheese. I got hooked on vanilla flavored cream cheese at a bagel shop near the beach, but am never able to find it in the store or Brueggers.

esavvymom said:
Yes- the mini's size is 3 oz.

And don't through out the other half of a full block! If you like cream cheese on your toast, bagel, or even fruit....I like to soften the cream cheese so it's mixable, then I add brown sugar (to taste- but a block I probably add 2 Tbsp), and about 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla (depending on how much cream cheese I'm using). Mix it up and I have a great French-Vanilla cream cheese. I got hooked on vanilla flavored cream cheese at a bagel shop near the beach, but am never able to find it in the store or Brueggers.

Never been a big cream cheese fan. So I only use it in recipes that call for it!

I haven't seen the 3 oz size in a while but they used to be readily available so no it isn't a typo.

In fact, a long time ago, before cream cheese became so popular, the 3 oz size was all there was. :) I've only seen it from Philadelphia brand though, I've never seen a store brand. Of course, that's because there didn't used to be store brand products either.

Man, I'm old.

Thank you! I started thinking this must be the case as I got further into the recipes and saw more with the same amount.

Noora, can you share the other recipes that you have? I'd love to have a file of recipes to email out to people who buy the cookie press. :)

1. What is "Do You Think This Is a Typo?"

"Do You Think This Is a Typo?" is a popular kitchen gadget offered by Pampered Chef. It is a compact tool that helps you easily remove typos and other unwanted marks from your printed materials.

2. How does "Do You Think This Is a Typo?" work?

This gadget has a small, sharp blade that allows you to carefully scrape off typos and other marks without damaging the paper. It also has a built-in magnifying glass to help you see the small details.

3. Is "Do You Think This Is a Typo?" safe to use?

Yes, "Do You Think This Is a Typo?" is safe to use as long as you follow the instructions and handle the blade with care. It is recommended to keep this tool out of reach of children.

4. Can "Do You Think This Is a Typo?" be used on any type of paper?

This gadget is designed to work on most types of paper, but it is not recommended for use on delicate or thin paper. It is always best to test on a small, inconspicuous area first before using it on important documents.

5. How do I clean "Do You Think This Is a Typo?"

To clean "Do You Think This Is a Typo?", simply wipe the blade with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly before storing. Do not put it in the dishwasher or submerge it in water as it may damage the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC