• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Think They'll Announce Higher S&H?

Overseas Military get to pay the direct shipping then wait...One of the Booking Slide threads had a great idea for addressing this. The consultant who mentioned said that when she gets to the Free Shipping slide, she mentions how it costs her $4.95 just to mail a couple of catalogs and order forms for a host packet, and how everyone can get their whole order shipped, no matter how heavy or big, for just $4.25, but the host doesn't even pay that. I don't remember the exact words, but I'm sure you get the ideaOne of the Booking Slide threads had a great idea for addressing this. The consultant who mentioned said that when she gets to the Free Shipping slide
gailz2
Gold Member
I need to get some more order forms -- do you think they'll announce higher rates on S&H with new forms coming in Sept??

If they do, just cross it out and write the new amt over it. That's what I do.

I don't think they would. One of the things going on last year was those high gas prices which was driving up the cost of shipping and other related services. Now that gas/oil prices have come down, I don't think it would be an issue.

Good, I just was trying to guess if I should order a small amount or more.

I hope not, I get enough complaints as is about $4.25- then I feel like saying "if you think ours are bad, don't order any Tastefully Simple"! LOL There's is alot more than ours! :eek:

Or party lite. I bought a reed difuser for $25 and by the time we added tax and shipping it came to over $40.

I don't think so............they tried really hard to keep the S&H prices down and until last year they hadn't been raised in over 10 years. I don't think it would happen again this soon.

pcsharon1 said:
I don't think so............they tried really hard to keep the S&H prices down and until last year they hadn't been raised in over 10 years. I don't think it would happen again this soon.

Oh good, I didn't know it had been so long. Good to know.

pcsharon1 said:

Not true. I started PC 4 years ago and shipping was $3.75 when I started.

DebbieJ said:
Not true. I started PC 4 years ago and shipping was $3.75 when I started.

I started 9 years ago and it has been changed several times. It was $3.00 or under, I think when I started. And never had a year go by when someone didn't complain about it!

are you kidding? People complain about your shipping? Here in Alaska we have to pay 15% + $2 to ship! Tell them it could be worse. Thankfully, for that price it ships 2day air so..... I WISH ours was ONLY $4.25.
Mara

Maragib said:
are you kidding? People complain about your shipping? Here in Alaska we have to pay 15% + $2 to ship! Tell them it could be worse. Thankfully, for that price it ships 2day air so..... I WISH ours was ONLY $4.25.
Mara

I never did figure out the 'plus $2.00' part - seems crazy - HO should just build it in somehow. Ya'll must have accounting nightmares!

Maragib said:
Mara

Oh I WILL tell then that!!! I think $4.25 is very reasonable in this day and age. When we tax the shipping you can see the frost build on them, but I have to explain that it is NY state and not PC that requires this. Not sure how other states work but if we do no pay shipping and handling tax we are supposed to claim it on our taxes. :thumbdown:

chefsteph07 said:
I hope not, I get enough complaints as is about $4.25

One of the Booking Slide threads had a great idea for addressing this. The consultant who mentioned said that when she gets to the Free Shipping slide, she mentions how it costs her $4.95 just to mail a couple of catalogs and order forms for a host packet, and how everyone can get their whole order shipped, no matter how heavy or big, for just $4.25, but the host doesn't even pay that. I don't remember the exact words, but I'm sure you get the idea :D

chefsteph07 said:
I hope not, I get enough complaints as is about $4.25- then I feel like saying "if you think ours are bad, don't order any Tastefully Simple"! LOL There's is alot more than ours! :eek:

Tupperware went up on their shipping recently. It used to be $2.75. Last year it went up to $4.50!

caraighan said:
Tupperware went up on their shipping recently. It used to be $2.75. Last year it went up to $4.50!

The order I just placed with them was 10% of your order - I remember thinking really - you want me to pay $8 to have you ship me 3 plastic bowls, which I didn't get by the way because of the shipping.

I like our flat rate shipping. I'm sure people would order less if the shipping was an actual cost for the shipping.

Overseas Military get to pay the direct shipping then wait 3 to 5 weeks for the items to be delivered. Oh yeah and we cannot order the vanilla to shipped here.
I wish we could only pay $4.25

I know I am probably the only one in this boat but I am so hoping that they will switch back to ups I love my ups team here and can't stand my fedex and all the problems I have had with them. Too many to even start to listing....

christinaspc said:
I know I am probably the only one in this boat but I am so hoping that they will switch back to ups I love my ups team here and can't stand my fedex and all the problems I have had with them. Too many to even start to listing....

Whenever you have a problem with FedEx, document it, and send it to HO. Include pictures if necessary (for open boxes, etc.). HO has a FedEx liason to track these issues and work with FedEx to improve their service.

chefann said:
Whenever you have a problem with FedEx, document it, and send it to HO. Include pictures if necessary (for open boxes, etc.). HO has a FedEx liason to track these issues and work with FedEx to improve their service.

Ann's right. Over a period of a week, 3 separate shipments arrived, with damaged boxes and product. I emailed sol'n center advising how the packages were arriving, and that I hated the loss to the company and the delay to my customers.

2 weeks later I got a personal call from the local station manager. He was apologetic, wanted to learn more and assured me it would be resolved. He gave me his direct number and email. The following week, the driver came by to apologize. We spoke on what worked best for us. He also gave me his cell number. He was willing to return that same day to pick up any damaged product. What's even cooler, a month later I got a shipment of 12 boxes...he rang my doorbell, brought in each box and told me he noticed 3 boxes were dented. He asked if I wanted to open them and see if there was any damage. While I did so, he waited the whole time it took me to inspect. We now have a great relationship, and am glad I sent that email....who know what else might have been damaged otherwise.

chefann said:

And call your local hub. I have the direct line of a supervisor at my local hub and she has been very helpful.

Maybe PC should give us the option of UPS or FedEx. I've never had a problem with my FedEx driver while doing PC, but I used to be in the shipping business - so, I know how badly boxes can get damaged!!

Definitely take an exception (notate any damage, on the outside of the box, as well as the contents) everytime. If the packages are left and the driver leaves before you bring them in, you can call/e-mail/fax a statement detailing any damage you find.

pampchefsarah said:
Maybe PC should give us the option of UPS or FedEx.
That's not likely to happen. PC stayed with UPS for a long time, because of the history the 2 companies had. But UPS kept raising rates, thinking HO was bluffing when they said they'd go to a competitor. If I remember correctly, someone from HO mentioned that if HO had stayed with UPS instead of switching, customer show shipping would have been $5 or more at that time, and would only be higher now.

When I started in 2002 S&H was $2.75, so it hasn't went up that much in 7 years.
Deb

And I think it was $2.50 in Jan, 2001!
I have a feeling we are in for a rate hike only because I noticed lately at the company I work for that the standard FedEx letter rate went up by almost 10%. I know we have a contract but gas prices are going up again. They expect it to hit $3.50 a gallon by Septemeber and hold there. So...
I look at it this way, I think a rate hike is still better than a percentage!
I almost died when I had a PartyLite party and even as the host I had to pay 10% of the total sale to S&H. No freebie there!

pcsharon1 said:
The order I just placed with them was 10% of your order - I remember thinking really - you want me to pay $8 to have you ship me 3 plastic bowls, which I didn't get by the way because of the shipping.

I was at a Tupperware Party last night and this was the shipping and handling fee breakdown:

Ship to Host/Consultant Direct - 10% of retail (min. US $4.50)
Customer Direct - 10% of retail plus $4.50 (min. US $5.75)

It also stated "Shipping and Handling Fees are taxable in all states except for AK, DE, IA, ID, MA, MT, NH, OK, OR, UT & WY.

1. Why do I have to pay for shipping and handling?

Shipping and handling fees cover the cost of packaging, postage, and handling your order. These fees are standard in the retail industry and allow us to ensure that your order is delivered to you safely and efficiently.

2. How much will I have to pay for shipping and handling?

The cost of shipping and handling varies depending on the size and weight of your order, as well as your shipping address. You can find the exact cost of shipping and handling for your order at checkout.

3. Can I get free shipping and handling?

Occasionally, we offer free shipping and handling promotions for orders over a certain amount. Please check our website or sign up for our email newsletter to stay updated on any current promotions.

4. What happens if I need to return an item?

If you need to return an item, the shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. However, if the item you received was damaged or defective, we will cover the cost of return shipping.

5. Do you offer expedited shipping?

Yes, we offer expedited shipping for an additional fee. This option is available at checkout and allows you to receive your order faster. Please note that expedited shipping does not include processing time and may not be available for all items or shipping addresses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
374 375 376 377 378
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates