1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Do you think they'll announce higher S&H?

1. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I need to get some more order forms -- do you think they'll announce higher rates on S&H with new forms coming in Sept??

May 21, 2009
  2. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

If they do, just cross it out and write the new amt over it. That's what I do.

May 21, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I don't think they would. One of the things going on last year was those high gas prices which was driving up the cost of shipping and other related services. Now that gas/oil prices have come down, I don't think it would be an issue.

May 21, 2009
  4. gailz2

Good, I just was trying to guess if I should order a small amount or more.

May 21, 2009
  5. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I hope not, I get enough complaints as is about $4.25- then I feel like saying "if you think ours are bad, don't order any Tastefully Simple"! LOL There's is alot more than ours! :eek:

May 21, 2009
  6. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Or party lite. I bought a reed difuser for $25 and by the time we added tax and shipping it came to over $40.

May 21, 2009
  7. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't think so............they tried really hard to keep the S&H prices down and until last year they hadn't been raised in over 10 years. I don't think it would happen again this soon.

May 21, 2009
  8. gailz2

Oh good, I didn't know it had been so long. Good to know.

May 21, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Not true. I started PC 4 years ago and shipping was $3.75 when I started.

May 21, 2009
  10. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I started 9 years ago and it has been changed several times. It was $3.00 or under, I think when I started. And never had a year go by when someone didn't complain about it!

May 21, 2009
  11. Maragib

Maragib Member

are you kidding? People complain about your shipping? Here in Alaska we have to pay 15% + $2 to ship! Tell them it could be worse. Thankfully, for that price it ships 2day air so..... I WISH ours was ONLY $4.25.
    Mara

May 21, 2009
  12. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I never did figure out the 'plus $2.00' part - seems crazy - HO should just build it in somehow. Ya'll must have accounting nightmares!

13. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Oh I WILL tell then that!!! I think $4.25 is very reasonable in this day and age. When we tax the shipping you can see the frost build on them, but I have to explain that it is NY state and not PC that requires this. Not sure how other states work but if we do no pay shipping and handling tax we are supposed to claim it on our taxes. :thumbdown:

May 21, 2009
  14. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

One of the Booking Slide threads had a great idea for addressing this. The consultant who mentioned said that when she gets to the Free Shipping slide, she mentions how it costs her $4.95 just to mail a couple of catalogs and order forms for a host packet, and how everyone can get their whole order shipped, no matter how heavy or big, for just $4.25, but the host doesn't even pay that. I don't remember the exact words, but I'm sure you get the idea :D

May 21, 2009
  15. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

Tupperware went up on their shipping recently. It used to be $2.75. Last year it went up to $4.50!

May 21, 2009
  16. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

The order I just placed with them was 10% of your order - I remember thinking really - you want me to pay $8 to have you ship me 3 plastic bowls, which I didn't get by the way because of the shipping.

May 21, 2009
  17. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I like our flat rate shipping. I'm sure people would order less if the shipping was an actual cost for the shipping.

18. Triciascucina

Triciascucina Member

Overseas Military get to pay the direct shipping then wait 3 to 5 weeks for the items to be delivered. Oh yeah and we cannot order the vanilla to shipped here.
    I wish we could only pay $4.25

19. christinaspc

christinaspc Veteran Member Silver Member

I know I am probably the only one in this boat but I am so hoping that they will switch back to ups I love my ups team here and can't stand my fedex and all the problems I have had with them. Too many to even start to listing....

May 21, 2009
  20. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Whenever you have a problem with FedEx, document it, and send it to HO. Include pictures if necessary (for open boxes, etc.). HO has a FedEx liason to track these issues and work with FedEx to improve their service.

May 21, 2009
  21. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Ann's right. Over a period of a week, 3 separate shipments arrived, with damaged boxes and product. I emailed sol'n center advising how the packages were arriving, and that I hated the loss to the company and the delay to my customers.

2 weeks later I got a personal call from the local station manager. He was apologetic, wanted to learn more and assured me it would be resolved. He gave me his direct number and email. The following week, the driver came by to apologize. We spoke on what worked best for us. He also gave me his cell number. He was willing to return that same day to pick up any damaged product. What's even cooler, a month later I got a shipment of 12 boxes...he rang my doorbell, brought in each box and told me he noticed 3 boxes were dented. He asked if I wanted to open them and see if there was any damage. While I did so, he waited the whole time it took me to inspect. We now have a great relationship, and am glad I sent that email....who know what else might have been damaged otherwise.

22. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

And call your local hub. I have the direct line of a supervisor at my local hub and she has been very helpful.

May 21, 2009
  23. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Maybe PC should give us the option of UPS or FedEx. I've never had a problem with my FedEx driver while doing PC, but I used to be in the shipping business - so, I know how badly boxes can get damaged!!

Definitely take an exception (notate any damage, on the outside of the box, as well as the contents) everytime. If the packages are left and the driver leaves before you bring them in, you can call/e-mail/fax a statement detailing any damage you find.

24. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

That's not likely to happen. PC stayed with UPS for a long time, because of the history the 2 companies had. But UPS kept raising rates, thinking HO was bluffing when they said they'd go to a competitor. If I remember correctly, someone from HO mentioned that if HO had stayed with UPS instead of switching, customer show shipping would have been $5 or more at that time, and would only be higher now.

May 21, 2009
  25. zmom58

zmom58 Member

When I started in 2002 S&H was $2.75, so it hasn't went up that much in 7 years.
    Deb

Jun 6, 2009
  26. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

And I think it was $2.50 in Jan, 2001!
    I have a feeling we are in for a rate hike only because I noticed lately at the company I work for that the standard FedEx letter rate went up by almost 10%. I know we have a contract but gas prices are going up again. They expect it to hit $3.50 a gallon by Septemeber and hold there. So...
    I look at it this way, I think a rate hike is still better than a percentage!
    I almost died when I had a PartyLite party and even as the host I had to pay 10% of the total sale to S&H. No freebie there!

27. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I was at a Tupperware Party last night and this was the shipping and handling fee breakdown:

Ship to Host/Consultant Direct - 10% of retail (min. US $4.50)
    Customer Direct - 10% of retail plus $4.50 (min. US $5.75)

It also stated "Shipping and Handling Fees are taxable in all states except for AK, DE, IA, ID, MA, MT, NH, OK, OR, UT & WY.

Have something to add?