• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible title: Lost Package from Pampered Chef - Who is Responsible?

In summary, Sarah from Support Services told the customer that the package was lost and it might take 10-15 days for UPS to investigate the problem.
kcjodih
Gold Member
to send this to all the contacts I have for PC Canada (VP, Support Services,etc)?

Hello ____,

I'm not sure if you're the person I'm supposed to be contacting or not with this problem and if not, I apologize in advance.

I sent in a show on September 24th and it was to be two boxes shipped to my home for the hostess. One box contained one item for the only customer's order for that show and the other box contained the host's order and another small item of the customer's. The first box with the host's order arrived safely at my home on Sept 28th but the second box has never arrived. I tracked it daily from the 28th on on the UPS website to have it first show error in labeling rerouted from Ottawa (my shipments never go past me east to Ottawa) and then to having it show daily rescheduled out for delivery. Each morning and evening it stated In transit, rescheduled for delivery with a new date of Sept 29th, Oct 2nd, Oct 3rd and now Oct 4th. I then called Support Services late on the evening of October 2 and spoke with Sarah who said to give it until the 3rd and contact UPS if it doesn't arrive. Since when do we, the consultants, contact UPS ourselves? I tried to immediately contact UPS Canada but they were closed for the evening. So I sent them an email stating my problem.

I then arrived home from my other job on Oct 3 to find a message on my phone from a Scott from UPS (XXX-XXX-XXXX) doing a 'routine followup' in regards to a shipment I received last week on Sept 28th. He asked me to return his call, which I did. I asked him if this was in regards to my email which no, he knew nothing about. I stated that I had never received the second box and that my daughter had informed me that both on the 28th and 29th when I had boxes arrive, it was not my regular driver so I thought maybe he didn't deliver it on the 2nd since no one was home and he doesn't know that my regular driver has a secure spot he leaves boxes if I am not here. He then tracked it and stated that no, it shows it's still showing out for delivery and he didn't know where it was! Then why call doing a followup if you KNOW it's still showing out for delivery?!?! He stated that I would have to contact Pampered Chef and have them start the tracer process. I then checked my email and had received an email reply from UPS stating the same thing since they couldn't 'find' the missing package. I then called Support Services again on October 3 at 4:45 pm (my time) and spoke with Sarah again who said it was showing out for delivery. I stated I knew this, explained everything I had been told both by phone and email from UPS and she said she would start the tracer process and hopefully (hopefully?) get back to me sometime today.

This morning I checked the UPS tracking system again and it still shows 'out for delivery' now with today's date. I phoned Support Services again just now, spoke with Grace and asked about the progress on the problem with my missing package and was told it shows 'in transit, out for delivery'. I explained again that no, it wasn't out for delivery it was lost and a tracer was supposed to be started. She then informed me that oh, it had and it could take 10-15 days to hear back from UPS once they start the investigation process! I asked her if in the meantime a new box would be shipped with my customer's missing order and she stated no, we have to wait for UPS to get back to them and again, it could take 10-15 days!

Now this isn't just any order, not that it's acceptable with any order at all, but it is #2768 Covered Stockpot for $210!!! How convenient that it's a box that isn't the standard 'generic' beige box that just says PC but a cookware box that SHOWS it's a quality piece of cookware!! I now have a customer thinking her order is arriving any day and have to tell her that no, it's lost and we have to wait for an investigation. I asked Grace what we could do for the customer since this was no fault of hers and was the fault of UPS and she said we just have to wait.

I find this TOTALLY unacceptable! I have been a consultant and now Future Director for just shy of 2 years and have never had this kind of treatment from Pampered Chef. How on earth do I explain to my customer that she has to wait up to 3 weeks or more for her order to arrive, allowing for delivery after the investigation? I have the majority of my shows shipped to me because I am usually home during the day and my hosts are not. I have NEVER had a box not arrive and I have also never had UPS call to do a 'routine followup'. This makes me think they already know or knew they had a problem (theft or otherwise) or why else call for the first time in two years? It's not as if it shows 'delivered' and has gone missing from my doorstep or while in my possession, so why penalize the customer and make the consultant and company look bad?

Is there any way you can help solve this problem for my customer, host and myself quicker or forward this to the person who can? I am out until 5:30 pm today but do have an answering machine and can check my messages regularly and of course always check my email when I arrive home. I would appreciate a quick reply and will be waiting to hear from you.

So was I wrong? I know it's only been a week and a half since I sent the show in but it was a very small show, took only 4 days to arrive (usually takes 4 - 6) but it's the 10 - 15 days from today until we 'know' anything and then decide what to do that just DROVE me!! What do YOU think I should have done?

I think you did exactly what you should have done, actually I would also call and speak with a "supervisor" with TPC HO and polietly rip them a new one! It's outrageous how they are treating you and the customer and this is not how we want ourselves portrayed!!!!

I agree. Totally unacceptable! Call back and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Do you have the means to reorder that piece on another show so the customer will get it sooner. I would probably do that, and then return the other one when it gets there. I know it is an expencive piece, but you will get credited back for the return. I'm so sorry to hear about this, I would have smoke coming out of my ears.

This exact thing happened to me! AND it was with the grill pan which was in the cookware box, not a plain brown box! What UPS finally told me is that they have two ways to scan things, actual scanning where they see the package and physically scan it and virtual scanning where they think the package should have been on the truck, but noone really checked. Weird. Anyhoo, it was "lost" in the last place where an actual scan had happened. When I called PC I kept asking for a manager until I let them know that I needed the product (it was a sample) and could they send out another one and have me ship the "lost" one back to them if it ever gets here. They finally said that they would ship a new one overnight to me and they would instruct UPS to send the "lost" one back to HO. I never did find out if they found the "lost" one, but a new one showed up on my doorstep the next day! Good luck!

I had that happen with a customers order also, they told me they would send it 2nd day air never recieved it, then they shipped it over night for the guest it took a whole month. Good luck with everything

Wow, that is crazy! And no, I don't think you were wrong. And of all things a big piece of cookware? Yikes....let us know how it all comes out.
I had a box mis-routed the other day too; I thought that was odd.

Jodi,
I would have done the same thing. I would call HO and probally ask the guest to call HO also and inform them how disappointed she is right now. My guess is her phone call will get the ball rolling.

I have always worried about the cookware being delievered in is own box

I just had another comment, if it is still out for delievery, HO can do a stop order on it and send you another box. I had an order last month that they stopped for me because of the wrong address - it was an individual order someone place and they put the wrong address on it, I noticed the wrong address when I looked at shipment status under CC - The person who ordered had it going to a different state. So HO put out a stop order and resend a new package because they said they could do that because it hasn't been delievered yet.

(I hope you can understand that)

Last edited:

1. What is "Do You Think I Was Wrong?"

"Do You Think I Was Wrong?" is a cookware set from Pampered Chef that includes essential kitchen tools for everyday cooking and baking.

2. How many pieces are included in the "Do You Think I Was Wrong?" set?

The "Do You Think I Was Wrong?" set includes 10 pieces, including a non-stick skillet, saucepan, baking sheet, and more.

3. Is the "Do You Think I Was Wrong?" set safe for all cooktops?

Yes, the "Do You Think I Was Wrong?" set is safe for all cooktops, including gas, electric, and induction.

4. What is the material of the "Do You Think I Was Wrong?" set?

The "Do You Think I Was Wrong?" set is made of high-quality stainless steel and features non-stick coating for easy cooking and cleaning.

5. Does the "Do You Think I Was Wrong?" set come with a warranty?

Yes, the "Do You Think I Was Wrong?" set comes with a limited lifetime warranty that covers any defects in materials or workmanship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Mystik