• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Do You Think I Handled This Correctly?

In summary, Ann said that she had a text yesterday from a consultant who said she hated it when others stole her ideas. To summerize, the consultant told Ann that she and another consultant (who she will not tell me which consultant it is so it is either a fellow team member or someone in my 1st gen line) were on FB. The consultant had posted how she was going to have a Mystery Host party and she tells Ann within 3 hours this other consultant did the same thing and stole her idea. The consultant has a good lead list and tried to guide her to concentrate on her business to get her calendar filled. Ann told the consultant that we all get our ideas from the same sources so many of us do the same things to generate
baychef
Silver Member
I had a text yesterday from a consultant who said she hated it when others stole her ideas. To summerize, she and another consultant (who she will not tell me which consultant it is so it is either a fellow team member or someone in my 1st gen line) were on FB. She had posted how she was going to have a Mystery Host party and she tells me within 3 hours this other consultant did the same thing and stole her idea. She has a good lead list and tried to guide her to concentrate on her business to get her calendar filled.

In my return texts I gently told her that we all get our ideas from the same sources so many of us do the same things to generate business. Then I learned that this other consultant was going to do a Mystery Host party just like the texter was. My answer back was that thousands of consultants are doing this right now because they want to introduce their fall line to their customers. That everyone is entitled to generate their own business because they may not have all of the same contacts. I think she realized her error in judgement but although I was sort of not happy that she reacted before she spoke to me, I ended our conversation by congratulating her on working on her list of contacts and booking some shows.

At some point, I need to remind her that when she hosted parties, she never used the same consultant twice!! I was one of the 4 consultants she used and she signed under one of my consultants who is on her 3rd or 4th attempt at the business and will not keep up on things.

Any good advice on how to keep her focused on her business and how to guide her into not bullying other consultants?

Ann, seems to me you handled it perfectly. After all I have never had an original idea myself according to someone in my downline. Did she invent the mystery hostess show herself? Or did she "borrow" the idea from someone that she heard it from? You refocused her onto her own business. I had a similar situation this week. One on my team shared a flyer she had made for pampering a fire station. This person lives more than an hour from the rest of my team. When I asked her if I could share the flyer with the team, her immediate reaction was.. "well no because everyone is going to drive down here and use it before I can" WHAT??? I can't get people to drive 20 minutes to a meeting with our NE!!! I had to tell her that if I thought that way I would never share any ideas with the team because I would be afraid they would steal my business!!!

I would tell her that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

I agree, she didn't invent the mystery host idea, she copied it because it sounded like a good idea. She should feel flattered that someone else liked her FB post and decided to do the same thing with their customers.

Dang, if I had a dime for everytime someone copied stuff off my page or contacted me with questions, I'd be stoked!!! Of course then I'd have to figure out who came up with what ideas and pay them royalties ... LOL

Nanisu said:
I would tell her that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

This was the one thing I forgot to tell her. She reacts and does not call me to pass her reaction by me first. She was ready to quit at one point because her recruiter gave her either no information or told her to call me. I reassured her that she should call me anytime for anything, yet she continues to listen to the one that she asked to recruit her (who chooses to not keep up to date...no criticism meant by this at all. She makes no bones about it)

And Jenni, you post made me laugh. I used to have the most robust meetings and now I am lucky to have 2 at a meeting if I even have enough to pull one together.

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone. When I have a real conversation with her, I will share with her that we all share and when we do...one person is not going to succeed over the other. Two people can share the same information and when they put it into action, they can have different results. And if I put into use every tip I have ever heard, no one would book from me because they would be at a 3 hour party so I could share every tip!:bugeye:

What does "handling something correctly" mean?

"Handling something correctly" means making the right decisions and taking appropriate actions in a given situation. It involves using good judgment, following established rules or guidelines, and achieving a desired outcome.

How do I know if I handled something correctly?

The best way to know if you handled something correctly is to evaluate the outcome of your actions. If the desired result was achieved and no negative consequences resulted, it is likely that you handled the situation correctly. It can also be helpful to seek feedback from others who were involved or who have experience in similar situations.

What should I do if I feel like I didn't handle something correctly?

If you feel like you didn't handle something correctly, it is important to reflect on the situation and identify where things went wrong. Take responsibility for your actions and consider ways to improve your decision-making and problem-solving skills in the future. You may also want to apologize and make amends if necessary.

Is it possible to handle something correctly and still have negative outcomes?

Yes, it is possible to handle something correctly and still have negative outcomes. This could be due to unforeseen circumstances, external factors, or simply a difference in perspectives. It is important to remember that even if the outcome is not what was desired, as long as you made the best decision based on the information and resources available to you, you still handled the situation correctly.

Can someone else determine if I handled something correctly?

While others can provide feedback and opinions on your actions, ultimately only you can determine if you handled something correctly. This is because you have the best understanding of the situation and your intentions. However, it can be beneficial to listen to and consider the perspectives of others when evaluating your actions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pcsharon1