• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Think I Could Prep This the Night Before?

In summary, the conversation discusses a recipe for Pull-Apart Maple Pecan Sticky Buns that seems labor-intensive but delicious. The question is whether the buns can be prepared the night before and baked in the morning. The recipe calls for using canned biscuits, which may cause concern about the buns rising overnight. However, it is suggested to keep the buns refrigerated until morning and they should still rise when baked.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I want to make this for Christmas morning, but it's kind of labor-intensive. Since it's made with canned biscuits, do you think I could prep it the night before and wrap it good then bake in the morning?

Here's the link to the recipe and a photo (these are so sinfully good!) Pull-Apart Maple Pecan Sticky Buns recipe at Kraftfoods.com

heres' the recipe text:

Ingredients:
3/4 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, divided
1/3 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cans (12 oz. each) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut into 20 cubes

HEAT oven to 400°F.

SPRINKLE nuts onto bottom of 12-cup fluted pan or 10-inch tube pan sprayed with cooking spray. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in small microwaveable bowl. Stir in syrup; drizzle over nuts in pan.

MELT remaining butter. Mix sugar and cinnamon in shallow dish. Separate dough into 20 biscuits; flatten each to 1/4-inch thickness. Roll cream cheese cubes in cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated; place 1 in center of each biscuit. Gather up sides of dough to enclose filling; press edges together to seal. Roll each into ball; dip top in remaining butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Arrange half the balls, cinnamon sugar-sides up, in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining balls to form second layer. Top with any remaining butter and cinnamon sugar.

BAKE 30 min. or until golden brown. Cool 1 min. in pan; invert onto serving plate. Remove pan. Top buns with any remaining nuts in pan; cool slightly.

WOW...that sounds good!!!!! I don't see why you can't prep this this nite before and wrap it good...although just now as I type this, do you think the bisquits might rise?? If you make this let us know how it turns out...might be good for New Yrs. Day breakfast...my Christmas breakfast is already set...

pamperedbybarbara said:
......do you think the bisquits might rise?? ...

I am worried that they might go flat since they are canned biscuits.

Keep them refrigerated until the morning, and they should be fine. :thumbup:

I have made something like that the night before too but I used the frozen dough and the rise a bit too . The bisquits may get flat

1. Can I prep meat dishes the night before?

Yes, you can definitely prep meat dishes the night before. However, we recommend storing them in the refrigerator and cooking them within 24 hours to ensure freshness.

2. How should I store prepped vegetables overnight?

We recommend storing prepped vegetables in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help to maintain their freshness and prevent them from wilting or drying out.

3. Can I marinate chicken overnight?

Yes, marinating chicken overnight can enhance its flavor. However, be sure to keep it refrigerated and discard any leftover marinade before cooking to avoid cross-contamination.

4. Are there any foods that should not be prepped the night before?

Some foods, such as avocado, apples, and bananas, are best prepped right before use to prevent browning. Additionally, dishes with delicate textures, like salads, may become soggy if prepped too far in advance.

5. How should I reheat prepped dishes the next day?

To reheat prepped dishes, we recommend using a microwave or oven. Be sure to follow safe temperature guidelines and cook until the food is heated through. You may also need to add a little extra seasoning or sauce to refresh the flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies