• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Send Handwritten Thank You Notes to Hosts?

In summary, the conversation was about the importance of showing appreciation to customers and hosts by sending personalized thank you notes and birthday cards. The participants shared their own methods for keeping track of birthdays and how they incorporate the notes into their business practices. They also discussed the impact of receiving a thank you note and how it can make customers more loyal.
DebPC
Staff member
I did until about a year ago. Now I personally thank them over the phone when we close. And when I'm mailing them receipts for outside orders and their order- I do a cute sticker from Sticking To Business and stick it on their receipt.

Writing a personal thank you note is something I aspire to do, but somehow never quite get there. I know as a host for other DS companies, the couple of times I received a thank you note always made a big impression on me, and made me a much more loyal customer.

Yes! I have one in my bag ready to go at the show, then I write it in the car and add something personal to it and pop it in the mailbox on my way home. :)

Absolutely. Customers like to know they're appreciated

I also send birthday cards (SB with hand written B-day note inside) to past hosts and guests and offer a little somethin-somethin' is they order or host during their birthday month

Oracle said:
Absolutely. Customers like to know they're appreciated

I also send birthday cards (SB with hand written B-day note inside) to past hosts and guests and offer a little somethin-somethin' is they order or host during their birthday month

Would love to hear more about this. Is their b-day on your draw slip? how do you get them to give it to you?

Yes, I have them add their birthday to the drawing slip. Middle of each month I run a list of B-days for the following month, write the notes and put them in envelopes.

I drop them in the mail approx 2-3 weeks prior to the b-day. To remind myself when to mail I write the mail date on the corner of the envelope that I'll be covering with the postage when I mail them.

I use the letter in P3, but personalize it for the host's show. I always sign it at the bottom, not just have my printed name - like you would do with a business letter. When I bring the printed customer receipts to the host, I include the Thank You note with that packet, along with a recipe sheet if I have one for an item she is getting (DCB, Covered Roaster, Rice Cooker, etc).

I have a personalized form of the thank you from P3, which I hand sign. I also hand write the address on the envelope.

Oracle said:
Yes, I have them add their birthday to the drawing slip. Middle of each month I run a list of B-days for the following month, write the notes and put them in envelopes.

I drop them in the mail approx 2-3 weeks prior to the b-day. To remind myself when to mail I write the mail date on the corner of the envelope that I'll be covering with the postage when I mail them.

Where do you keep the list of B-days? Is this in P3?

This birthday thing is such a great idea. It shows that you value your customers and hosts. Thank you so much for sharing - I must start doing this!

1. Do I need to send a handwritten thank you note to my host?

It is always a nice gesture to send a handwritten thank you note to your host as a way to show your appreciation for their hospitality.

2. When should I send a handwritten thank you note to my host?

Ideally, you should send a handwritten thank you note within a week of your visit or event. This ensures that your gratitude is expressed in a timely manner.

3. What should I include in a handwritten thank you note to my host?

A handwritten thank you note should include a sincere message of gratitude, specific details about what you enjoyed during your visit, and a personal touch such as a memory or a small gift.

4. Is it okay to send an email thank you instead of a handwritten note?

While an email thank you is better than no thank you at all, a handwritten note adds a personal and thoughtful touch that can make your host feel more appreciated.

5. Should I send a handwritten thank you note even if I have already thanked my host in person?

Yes, it is still important to send a handwritten thank you note even if you have already thanked your host in person. It shows that you took the time to reflect on your experience and express your gratitude in a more formal and permanent way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • jbondr