1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Do you offer prizes for hostess for outside orders or guests at show amount?

1. Katiek77

Katiek77 Member

Do you offer your hosts any prizes for collecting a certain amount of outside orders or having a certain amount of guests at the show?

I am thinking about offering prizes but I am not sure what would work best.

Oct 5, 2009
  2. Katiek77

Katiek77 Member

I also have a question about the Tic Tac Toe To a Better Show flyer. Who uses these and do they work? Or is it better to just encourage higher attendance and outside orders?

Oct 5, 2009
  3. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

If my host has $250+ in outside orders waiting for me when I arrive, I will add the cookbook of her choice to her order. I put this on the hostess order so I'm getting whatever discount she has earned (and the discount is usually very good because she's motivated.)

Oct 5, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I give a trivet for 7 orders before the show. For catalog shows I give them a mini serving spatula for getting me 5 orders within a week of starting their show.

Oct 5, 2009
  5. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I don't do anything extra. My hosts get more free and discounted products with more orders, so that's usually motivation enough! :)

6. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

If they have $750 or more this month, I am buying their Host Special choices from Levels 1 or 2. I give $10 in FPV extra if there is 8 outside orders before the Show. It really pushes my Hosts to aim high! I have one group of ladies who no longer "settle" for $300 Show because of that!

Oct 5, 2009
  7. skaugchef

skaugchef Member Gold Member

I do a hostess bingo, give a gift at their show if they invite over 50, also add a free cookbook if they get over $200 before the show.

Sep 27, 2010
  8. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I have started offering a free unglazed stone if hostess has $250 BEFORE the show, and ANY STONE for $500 before the show!! it has dramatically increased my show average!

For catty shows: i offer a free unglazed stone with $500 com sales, and ANy stone FREE if show is $1,000! My catty show average is thru the roof now!! I have had 2 $1,000 catty shows!!!

Sep 27, 2010
  9. Malinda Klein

Malinda Klein Advanced Member Gold Member

As I'm host coaching, if i find out they have a lot of orders, i'll show up at the cooking show and announce to the guests that the host already has $300 in free orders, so i'm giving her xx item. It's usually a 7-10 item.

Sep 27, 2010
  10. lesliec

lesliec Veteran Member

I do the cookbook for $250 in pre-orders (with payment when I walk through her door). I also tell them if they have 15 RSVP's 2 days before the show, then I will bring a dessert to help with the food. I do think our bonuses are amazing, but a little extra is always good too.

Sep 27, 2010
  11. SPAMSTIME

SPAMSTIME Member

I offer a FREE gift if they have 10 or more buying guests at their party,$150 in outside orders before party starts and if they have a booking ready and waiting before the party starts. So they have a chance to earn 3 FREE gifts before the show starts. I can choose the free gifts so If I have things on hand that's what I usually give them. Nothing big examples would be a season's best,paring knives,mini spatula that kinda stuff.

Sep 27, 2010
  12. Hunter Mom

Hunter Mom Member

I've used a bingo, and it works well for some, not for others. I find some of my hosts are very competetive, others not so much. Some like a game, not all. I'm not sure it helps that much.

Sep 27, 2010
  13. jla8279

jla8279 Member

I encourage, include 5 order forms, and state to have 5 outside orders before I arrive and they will receive a gift. I have drawing basket gifts ($1.00 - $4.00) and I have a basket for the hosts that do this. It includes cookware protectors, a bag of twix-its, a pizza cutter, a mini spatula, a pink knife (from HWC promotion), a cranberry hand towel, and a kernel cutter. Not much of an expense, but a good incentive for the hosts. It helps their show totals tremendously!

Sep 27, 2010
Have something to add?