• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Printer Efficiency: Tips and Recommendations from Experts

In summary, an all-in-one laser printer can be very expensive to replace cartridges and the toner can be expensive to replace.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
One of my downline consultants recommended I invest in a laser printer. Right now I use an HP inkjet all-in-one (although I have never been able to get the scanner part to work) that I got for under $200 about 2 years ago. I buy new black cartridges for about $32 just about every month and new color ones about 5x a year.

From what I gather, lasers are very $$$$$$$$ and the toner is like $100 but only needs to be replaced annually.

What do you all have?
What do you recommend?

I am one of those that will run something til it dies...so I am not planning to buy a new printer any time soon but I would like to have an idea of what I want when the time comes that it dies, kwim?

I love my HP all-in-ones - I have a R60 inkjet all-in-one and a 3100 laser/fax/scanner.

I really need to get a new laser because the 3100 is about dead finally - about 8 years old

My mom STILL is using her Laserjet IIIP!!!! - About 16 years old now.

Lasers are cheaper, and the older your printer, the more pricey the cartridges start to become.

The problem I found though with all newer printers is that all manufacturers are making the printers more disposable. Usually after "X" number of prints, the maintenance kit needs replacing for about $250-$300...that X number has become less and less over the years and the new printer cost is closer to the maintenance kit cost making you have to buy a new one. Also, if you get a cheaper end printer it is practically disposable. If it breaks you pretty much have to spend a fortune or toss it. Some of the higher end printers are much better, but not "cheap" enough for most home consumers. I've had good luck at work with the 2000 series and 4000 series. I have a 2200 I've beat to death and it's still going and the 2300s are pretty good. The 4200 and 4210 seem to be decent. I also am pretty please with the 9000 series, but that is truly a beast and only for workplaces.

...just some of my opinions...

My current one is the officejet 5510 and so far so good. I was just concerned that I am bleeding myself buying new cartridges, kwim?

I haved an HP Officejet 5610v, print, fax, copy, scan. I really like it. One thing that saves me money is I get the refill kits for the black ink. Did you know that most companies only fill the cartridges 1/2 full. That is why if you refill the cartridge it will last twice as long. I was told that by a customer services rep from HP

Chef Ritz said:
I haved an HP Officejet 5610v, print, fax, copy, scan. I really like it. One thing that saves me money is I get the refill kits for the black ink. Did you know that most companies only fill the cartridges 1/2 full. That is why if you refill the cartridge it will last twice as long. I was told that by a customer services rep from HP

I tried the at home refill kit and made a big ole mess. :(
I am not so good at that stuff :rolleyes:

I get mine at Sam's Club or Office Max when they have a big sale or my mom gets a coupon for $10.00 off. She is the coupon cutting queen and finds them cheap for me!

I've got a b/w laser that I use for 95% of my printing. Even monthly specials - I just print those on colored paper. I got it about 5 years ago, and it still runs great. Toner cartridges are about $80 (I get the generic, high-yield ones), and last a year or so. Monochrome lasers are MUCH cheaper now than when I got this one.DH and I got a color laser in November, a Lexmark C500. We haven't had to replace cartridges yet, but we're pretty careful not to print excessively to it. I can't remember how much the printer was, but it was on one of those super pre-holiday sales in mid November.

I have an Hp 2355 all in one. It is pretty good, but I think I will probably be replacing it this year, since it has started making funny sounds when it scans. Has anyone looked into the new Kodak printers? I haven't done the research yet, but they look like they might be a good deal. The best part is that the ink is SUPER cheap! $10-$15. It is probably still in the disposable printer catagory, but not too expensive.

I have the Office jet HP 5610 all in one. It uses way less ink than any of my Lexmarks and Epsons did. I like too that I can run most things on "draft quality" and it still comes out looking clear and nice. I dont think I will ever but anything but HP again! Kristi

ShanaSmith said:
I have an Hp 2355 all in one. It is pretty good, but I think I will probably be replacing it this year, since it has started making funny sounds when it scans. Has anyone looked into the new Kodak printers? I haven't done the research yet, but they look like they might be a good deal. The best part is that the ink is SUPER cheap! $10-$15. It is probably still in the disposable printer catagory, but not too expensive.
I bought the Kodak 5300 at Best Buy about 2 months ago and LOVE it. We had a hp that was about 10yrs old. We spent 27 for black and 32 for color ink. With the Kodak I spend $21 for both, if I just need black its $9. So far I haven't had any plroblems, except operator error:rolleyes: The color prints are the same quality I got from my hp and better than the ones I got from Staples. I usually go thru 1 black and 1/2 color cart. a month. The printer cost me $199 plus the extended warranty was 25 or so for 3 years.

1. How can I improve the quality of my printed Pampered Chef recipes?

The best way to improve the quality of your printed recipes is to make sure your printer settings are optimized for printing on high-quality paper. You can also try using a higher resolution or adjusting the color settings on your printer.

2. My recipes are printing too small. How can I fix this?

This is likely an issue with your printer settings. Make sure you are printing at 100% scale and not scaling the page to fit. You may also need to adjust the page layout or margins to ensure the recipe prints at the desired size.

3. Can I print multiple recipes on one page?

Yes, you can print multiple recipes on one page by adjusting the print settings. Look for an option to print multiple pages per sheet or to print multiple copies on one page. This is a great way to save paper and make your printed recipes more compact.

4. The images on my printed recipes are blurry. How can I fix this?

This could be due to a low resolution image or an issue with your printer settings. Try using a higher quality image or adjusting the printer settings for higher resolution printing. It may also help to print on glossy or photo paper for better image quality.

5. Can I print in black and white instead of color?

Yes, most printers have an option to print in black and white or grayscale. This can save ink and still provide a clear and readable recipe. Check your printer settings before printing to select the desired color option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nikked
  • MomToEli
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • etteluap70PC