• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Klutzy Consultant Packs "First Aid" Kit for Shows

In summary, the gal had a great party and was able to make a lot of sales. She may need to work on getting the juicer from her.
Teresa LM
Just wondering, do you have bandaids and plastic gloves, just in case? Am I just a klutz? My son is ready to take my PC kit away. I have done something stupid and gotten injured at 1/2 of my shows so far!

Last night, I had a show. It was at the neighbor's house, just a mile over or so. I was showing the Microplane Course Grater and I was using the food holder from the Fine Grater, telling them that it works on both and makes it safer to grate cheese. Bam! I got my pinky. How? Talking and not paying attention.

So, I go to the sink, grab a paper towel, take a look and think for a second that I lucked out. NOPE! The blood started. So, I asked the host for a bandaid. She didn't have one! Yikes! Someone did pull one out of her purse but I knew that I wouldn't be able to go on without plastic gloves, so I had one of the guests run me home to bandage up and get a plastic glove. It was bleeding like crazy! But, once bandages properly, it slowed.

By the time I got back, the guests had sort of followed the recipe and had the jerk chicken nachos ready for the oven. We finished the party, everyone had a ball, I got 4 bookings from a room of 10 people and they all told me what a fabulous consultant I was. The lady that was my target for sales even ordered (she had told me the night before about buying all her PC from garage sales). It wasn't just a spatula either. She bought the 8" non-stick skillet! She was one that told me I had done a much better job than many of the other parties she had been to. :)

So, now, I am going to have my own "First Aid" kit in my kit. I have fallen flat on my face not just one party, but two and now getting cut when using safety features? Good grief! :eek:

GIRL, you're talkin' my language! I cut my finger on the mandoline ("checking the blade"), I've burnt chocolate in the micro cooker, grabbed it, and burnt it screaming out the house... oh, and I might add there were over 30 people there! I've forgotten catalogs and order forms. Forgotten the salad choppers. Forgotten the DCB. YET, it ALL seems to work out... how, I don't know! Just hang in there, and maybe start writing all this down to start a diary... I didn't because I didn't want anyone to know what I had done, however, here I go... discussing it again! :)

Never during a show but I have injured myself on several products including the kitchen spritzer! Yah, figure that one out! :)

You know I never thought about having band aids and plastic gloves in my kit but now that you mention it it's actually a really good idea. You never know when an accident is going to occur and it would look good to be prepared (not saying that you looked bad at all- I can't even get 4 bookings from one show with 20 people where I do everything "perfect"! LOL)!!!

I think this would also be nice to add to the gift bags that my recruiter and myself give to our new recruits. Just in case. LOL

Bwahaha! First Aid kits for everyone!

I had to laugh at the forgetting catalogs, etc. My neighbor had a party and I told hubby several times that she was making beer margaritas. I first had to run back home (I seriously could run back home faster than driving, but I drove---tax writeoff! LOL!) because I couldn't find the recipe. DUH! It was in my apron pocket! So efficient! :eyeroll

I went back over to the "party house" and then, I discovered that I had forgotten the catalogs too! Do you think my hubby believes I am working at this point? LOL! It was a great party! Over $1000 in sales.

This gal really needs to sign! She has almost everything PC has to offer and she even helped me with the names of the items (I was very new). I may need to keep working on her about signing but she would kick my butt and take all the parties in the entire area! I have actually called her to borrow items, since she has ALL of it! (except what I needed! LOL!)

Yeah.... I too am a klutz i usually work it into the show when I do something stoopid like grab the stoneware that JUST CAME OUT OF THE OVEN duh.... but I always take food handling gloves, it really makes my guests feel that I take food safety seriously and in the event I do cut my self I can bandage myself and carry on without skipping a beat. But I chalk it all up to making the shows unique, unforgetable, and FUN

I did a vendor event where I decided I would make Mango Salsa as a demo. I bought lots of ingredients and made it in stages, repeating as necessary. Well, I also bought potatoes thinking I could demo the Coarse grater during the "lulls". That was kind of a dumb idea because potatoes turn brown, so I couldn't really do them and have them sitting there long. Anyway, at one lull I was shredding potatoes and all of a sudden got my finger. It bled like crazy right away! I was so glad that this event was inside a fire station's hall and I was right across from the kitchen. The kitchen crew that was there cooking and selling breakfast and lunch were very nice and sympathetic when I came in to ask if I could wash my hands. The organizer lady helped me find the first aid kit. Thankfully we could find it and it was fully stocked. I did bring gloves with me, but my ability to demo any more was gone. As soon as I used that hand it would start gushing again and go through the band aid.I felt like such a dope. All the vendors around me knew what happened and I felt really dumb. :blushing:

I have band aids, but that's because I'm a mom and I have a little container I got with some Neosporin in my purse.

I've forgotten all kinds of things, most recently my entire, fully loaded TTA. I also did a party at a neighbor's house, and a friend ran back for me several times to grab things, including something I sent to my printer from my laptop while at the neighbor's house.

As soon as I used that hand it would start gushing again and go through the band aid.

That's what mine was doing too. But, we wrapped it up in a paper towel and lots of tape and it was OK then.

I'm with you. All my parties are very interactive - i show the guests how to do things (and what not to do) and at one of my parties last month, the crowd wasn't real receptive to helping (large crowd). I ended up slicing my finger showing them how our mandoline is safer that those on the market while putting it across the blade. I looked down, and seen blood - ICK , end up with a bandaid (from the host) and put my hand in the glove.Well the blood came thru the bandaid and was filling the glove that I pulled away and said, "guess what ladies, it's all YOU", I asked everyone for their help and had the guests do everything. Afterall, they didn't want my hands near. They were a great sport about it and i got 4 bookings too...hmmm, cut your finger and get 4 bookings - this is a repeated theme in this thread (Theresa and Jess both got 4 bookings too). whose gonna try this at your next party? Maybe they are booking out of sympathy - lol probably not, but it's a cute idea!

Cute if it's not YOUR finger getting sliced! LOL!

I've done it too! I was trying to pick up and get ready for the next step in the recipe and I dropped my utility knife (after telling the guests that my director keeps telling me that I NEED to use a paring knife so I stop hurting myself) and it slipped from my hand... instead of letting it fall on the table I caught it... and gashed my finger so bad it needed a butterfly bandage!! One of the guests said "I think we can deal with an intermission for first aid!" The host had bandaids, but no gloves. After I washed it (and splattered only a little blood on the guest trying to help me) we wrapped it with several bandaids (and pressure). One of the guests went out to her car and got her first aid kit which had a glove! After we finished the recipe (and I got the liquid from a can all over a guest trying to demo the can opener) the guest with the first aid kit insisted on taking off the bandaids and checking it... needed the butterfly (which she had in her handy kit) and then a fingertip bandaid worked to control the bleeding!!!
YIKES!!! The next day I asked my Step-Mom for some gloves (she works at the health dept) cause I KNOW she always has at least 1 box at home! I now have a box of thin plastic gloves in my kit and 2 latex gloves in my apron pocket! I think I'd better throw some bandaids in and I'll be good to go! (Although with my history maybe I should include some liquid bandage or medical super glue just in-case!)
Unfortunately I didn't book 4 shows... I did book 2 and have 1 maybe though!

I did a show and cut my finger on one of the knives. the next week, I was given a first aid kit, from the hostess daughter, she did it to earn a badge in scouts... so I have her kit on the ready for me at my shows. :)

I think the new consultant kit should include a First Aid kit. Those of us that aren't used to using quality, sharp utinsels could use it!

i gave a party and made the lava cake in the dcb when i took out of microwave and remove lid it actually exploded.i was cover in chocolate from head to toe plus the lady white kitchen. luckly i recieved second and third degree burns and no on else was hurt.got a lot of laugh on facebook the hostress said her party was a blast.got four bookings and lot of feedback...

I have a travel pack of bandaids and a bag of latex gloves that I keep in my business bag. My first incident was with the apple wedger at a show!! Glad I had the bandaids then and have carried them ever since.

I wasn't so smart. Cut the tip of my figure off and bled into the cranberry
microfiber towel and no one ever knew. Got a bandaid from the host after the show was finished. You can bet I have bandaids now!!

Malinda Klein said:
I'm with you. All my parties are very interactive - i show the guests how to do things (and what not to do) and at one of my parties last month, the crowd wasn't real receptive to helping (large crowd). I ended up slicing my finger showing them how our mandoline is safer that those on the market while putting it across the blade. I looked down, and seen blood - ICK , end up with a bandaid (from the host) and put my hand in the glove.Well the blood came thru the bandaid and was filling the glove that I pulled away and said, "guess what ladies, it's all YOU", I asked everyone for their help and had the guests do everything. Afterall, they didn't want my hands near. They were a great sport about it and i got 4 bookings too...hmmm, cut your finger and get 4 bookings - this is a repeated theme in this thread (Theresa and Jess both got 4 bookings too). whose gonna try this at your next party? Maybe they are booking out of sympathy - lol probably not, but it's a cute idea!
I"M SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! I did the exact same thing! I was holding it up to show everyone- because they were sitting like bumps-on-a-log in the living room, while I was set up just to the side in the "dining room".....so I picked things up so they could see. Whack! Can I just say that room came ALIVE when I pulled my finger back and saw what happened?! (I said "Ok.. THAT'S not supposed to happen.") 1-2 guests helped, as did the host. I'll leave out the goory details, but the host's daughter walked in just in time to drive me to the ER. The rest of the show went on with out me (most of the food was already cooked/cooking), they just had to assemble- Jerk Chicken Nachos I think! I called my host from the ER later to see how things went, and she decided to sign-up (still on my team). She booked 4-5 shows out of the deal and it was an $800 show! (She wouldn't take the sales, but she took the bookings.) Too funny. It took me a year before I would TOUCH the mandoline though. Still can't feel the tip of my finger. In hindsight- I like the first-aid kit idea! The ER didn't do much for me but put on a big bandage and give me good drugs for the pain. I'm pretty klutzy in my own kitchen though with the knives/sharp objects. Thankfully, not AS much at shows.....yet.

for 3.95 Merril has a 1st aid kit!!!

I thought it was a silly idea- but now reading the post its a good idea!

oh and I too fell victim on that course grater!
grated a huge 1.4 inch chunk of my nail off!!!!

esavvymom said:
I"M SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! I did the exact same thing! I was holding it up to show everyone- because they were sitting like bumps-on-a-log in the living room, while I was set up just to the side in the "dining room".....so I picked things up so they could see. Whack! Can I just say that room came ALIVE when I pulled my finger back and saw what happened?! (I said "Ok.. THAT'S not supposed to happen.") 1-2 guests helped, as did the host. I'll leave out the goory details, but the host's daughter walked in just in time to drive me to the ER. The rest of the show went on with out me (most of the food was already cooked/cooking), they just had to assemble- Jerk Chicken Nachos I think! I called my host from the ER later to see how things went, and she decided to sign-up (still on my team). She booked 4-5 shows out of the deal and it was an $800 show! (She wouldn't take the sales, but she took the bookings.)

Too funny. It took me a year before I would TOUCH the mandoline though. Still can't feel the tip of my finger.

In hindsight- I like the first-aid kit idea! The ER didn't do much for me but put on a big bandage and give me good drugs for the pain. I'm pretty klutzy in my own kitchen though with the knives/sharp objects. Thankfully, not AS much at shows.....yet.

I remember your story when it happened, and thanks to that, I NEVER demo the Mandoline without both parts of the food holder in place. I will show them how the blade lies flat, and even run my finger accross it, but WITHOUT the food holder.

I'm LMAO right now, because just this morning, Coarse Grater cut, and the ONLY place we had a bandaid WAS in my kit...LOL

At my very first show, I borrowed the mandoline from someone (the old one that doesn't have the safety thingys on it) and sure enough, I sliced off the tip of my thumb. I grabbed a white dishtowel (fortunately this show was at my house and my hubby was there to help and we had a nurse as a guest). I was trying so hard to be "professional" that I didn't look down at the towel until it was too late. One look and I passed out! When I came to, fortunately my hubby and friends had finished the cooking and all ended well! My hubby is still amazed I didn't throw in the apron right there! (that was 3 years ago).

Ahhh...live and learn.

NooraK said:
I remember your story when it happened, and thanks to that, I NEVER demo the Mandoline without both parts of the food holder in place. I will show them how the blade lies flat, and even run my finger accross it, but WITHOUT the food holder.

I figure if I ever HAVE to show someone how the blade only pops up with the slider on, I'll do it with the full-food holder/guide in place, and show them from THE BACK!! (I did it with the guide on but the food-holder out. My fingers in the wrong place of course!)

Years ago, I was showing the food chopper, and held it up to show that the blades rotate. I also inadvertently showed them that the blades extend ever so slightly past the end of the clear collar. I had a lovely, u-shaped cut on my index finger for the rest of the night. She did give me a band aid, and we made it work.

I did try wearing gloves one or two times, but HATE it and don't do it any longer. I dropped things, and generally hated it. Now, I keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer on the table, though, and use it throughout the show.

Good idea about the hand sanitizer.

I absolutely hate gloves. I think it's ridiculous how people think that wearing a pair of gloves makes them sanitary. They will handle money and then handle food, thinking because they have their gloves on, i's all good! Duh!

We worked a food stand a few weeks ago. I had a bucket of warm bleach water to wash in (there was no running water in the booth). People could see me wash and dry my hands before I touched their food. Some people have no clue about cross-contamination.

Although, I thought I heard that hand sanitizer isn't good for food handling safety. The chemical sits on your hands and doesn't get rinsed off.

I need to find a new job. :( I did it again! This time, my Classic Batter Bowl and my Batter Bowl were stuck together. I had them nested and there was a potholder between but apparently, that wasn't enough. They were stuck. I tried and tried to gently get them apart. No go. So, I finally pulled a little harder. The larger of the 2 busted into a million pieces and I got a cut on my finger. Good grief! And that First Aid kit that I was going to be carrying? Do you think I could find it? Grrr......what kind of disaster will I cook up next?

I also carry the moistened towelettes and some clorox wipes with me (or at least in my van) for shows along with bandaides and gloves. I always tell people about the safety covers on our products FOR A REASON and then tell my gore stories. Most people laugh and agree especially when I ask how many people there have had a significant other or child get into a drawer and cut themselves on a product from someone else that doesn't have a safety cover.

I relate with everyone on this. I've also cut my finger on the Course Grater, and the Pizza Slicer. I learned to keep a few band aids and a couple of plastic gloves in the pocket of my apron. That way they're there when I need them. I just have to remember to remove them when I wash the apron!

I made it through 2 shows without incident!! WooHoo!

I picked up one of those mini-first aid Kits at the Merrill booth at conference, thinking about this thread. I gave it to my new consultant on my team, along with a few other small things. :)

last show I did I sliced right thru my finger nail and nicked the skin!!! Glad to know I am not the only one. I am also good for grabbing a piece of stoneware after it comes out of the oven......boy does that stuff hold some heat!!!

I cut my index finger after a show one night trying to put the Color Coated Serrated Knife in it's cover, but I had the cover upside down! I bled like CRAZY but I was cleaning up and had a bandaid in my wallet, that and a paper towel got me home!
I frequently forget something and have to send my mom home to get it! (She goes and washes my dishes, she sliced the end of her finger once on the old Mandoline!) One time I did a customer care call and got a VM that ended in "Hope you have a Pampered Day." She called me right back and informed me she signed up to do PC with someone else because I was SO disorganized that I had to go home (before the show started) and get something I forgot! Needless to say she didn't stay a consultant very long!

Well bandaids aren't always a good thing...
Yesterday I was wrestling the vacuum and my mother-in-law and lost. Ripped the skin off my finger all the way down the side.
Wrapped my finger in water proof bandaids....which apparently....I'm allergic to.:eek:
Needless to say, be careful which bandaids you use! And don't wrestle the vacuum and m-i-l, it's a no win situation:grumpy:

We had a consultant on our team get rushed to the ER after doing a cutlery demo at a meeting, I personally have managed to cut my finger deeply while drying the blades to the MFP after a show. It sliced right through the microfiber towel and into my finger. I haven't forgotten anything yet, but I have broken the egg slicer belonging to my host at a party. Great for bringing up the warranty! I of course replaced it for her.

Fortunately, I haven't had that happen at a show, but I do need to carry something. I sliced the end of my finger off at my old workplace (ironically cutting a vegetarian sandwich in half) so I always use my scar to warn guests of the dangers of knives lol

1. Do the Klutzy Consultant Packs include bandaids and plastic gloves?

Yes, the Klutzy Consultant Packs come equipped with bandaids and plastic gloves for any minor accidents that may occur during a show. We want to make sure you are prepared for any situation!

2. Am I considered a klutz if I keep getting injured at my shows?

No, accidents happen to everyone! We understand that things can get hectic during shows and sometimes injuries occur. That's why we offer the Klutzy Consultant Packs to help prevent and prepare for any accidents.

3. My son is ready to take away my PC kit because of my accidents. Will the Klutzy Consultant Packs help?

Absolutely! The Klutzy Consultant Packs are designed to help prevent any accidents during shows, as well as provide first aid supplies for any injuries that may occur. You and your PC kit will be back to working together in no time.

4. What should I do if I get injured at a show?

If you experience any minor injuries during a show, the Klutzy Consultant Packs have you covered. Our first aid supplies can help you take care of any cuts or scrapes, and the plastic gloves will ensure that you can continue with the show without worrying about contamination.

5. How did the Klutzy Consultant Packs help during a real show situation?

The Klutzy Consultant Packs have been proven to be a lifesaver during shows. One consultant shared her experience of getting a cut while demonstrating a kitchen tool, but was able to quickly and easily bandage up and continue with the show. She even received multiple bookings and compliments on her presentation, despite the minor accident. The Klutzy Consultant Packs truly help keep the show going without any interruptions!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Paige Dixon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Hollycancook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • texasteacher