• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Have Any Packing up Tips???

and then I have a "show table" on my dining room table. When I'm packing up, my main problem is that I can never repack my stuff the same way that I packed it at home. I've learned to bring less stuff, which was really hard, because I want to show EVERYTHING! (except that darn cookie press... :p ) Anyway, I start packing once I've taken everyone's orders. I always wash my dishes at the host's home. I have a large Craftsman rolling toolbox for my big stuff, since I didn't earn the last piece of the Show-to-Go. That carries my stainess steel bowls, collander bowl set
its_me_susan
My most frustrating moments are had when I'm trying to figure out how I got everything in to bring back home! LOL. Do any of you map things out, or have any tips for repacking more effortlessly?

Thanks!

I too would love some tips. I hate to admit it but I leave stuff behind. So far I've been pretty luck that I've gotten it back. Except I have lost my new chef tongs :(

I just seem rushed to pack up and get out of there so checking off a list just does not seem appropriate.

I do an Idiot Check!When I'm packing up, my main problem is that I can never repack my stuff the same way that I packed it at home. I've learned to bring less stuff, which was really hard, because I want to show EVERYTHING! (except that darn cookie press... :p ) Anyway, I start packing once I've taken everyone's orders. I always wash my dishes at the host's home. I have a large Craftsman rolling toolbox for my big stuff, since I didn't earn the last piece of the Show-to-Go. That carries my stainess steel bowls, collander bowl set, food chopper, apron, cookbooks, lots of simple additions stuff, as well as lots of smaller stuff in the two trays that fit on top. I take my tool turnabout, and my Show-to-go Carry all tote, with my batter bowl, paperwork, etc. Once I get everything cleaned, I gather it up and pack. Once I'm packed, I make a slow focused trip through the kitchen, the sink, and any tabletops I may have used. This is my Idiot Check--don't be an idiot and leave behind anything obvious. Always, always do an idiot check. It saves you from having to make a return trip. Oh, and idiot checks also work well in hotel rooms, at work, and anywhere else you may leave something important!

After 7 years I have found that I NEVER re-pack my crates the way they came! To save "at show" time, I have started bringing home my dirty dishes--unless the host offers to wash them :p I always carry a couple extra towels and a dish cloth. (I have wiped down my tablecloth TOO many times with a sour rag the host offered me :( ) I use the towels to cushion between things and if they get dirty they are easy to toss in the washer.

I also do an "idiot check" once everything is packed and sitting by the front door. I call it a "final run through" though....sounds nicer <<ha ha>>

Last edited:
pamperdawn said:
I too would love some tips. I hate to admit it but I leave stuff behind. So far I've been pretty luck that I've gotten it back. Except I have lost my new chef tongs :(

I just seem rushed to pack up and get out of there so checking off a list just does not seem appropriate.

Oh Dawn, make a list of what you've brought before you leave!!! You can at least check things off as you pack.

I use to wash my stuff and the hostess house but that took up alot of time that I could be using to talk to the customers.

Now I just throw everything that's dirty in a bag and the clean stuff just gets put the best way I can into the crate. Since half of it is dirty in a bag, the clean stuff fits just fine in the crate.

When I get home, I throw everything in the dishwasher and VIOLA! :)

I have the Show to Go pieces. I put my crate in the back of the rolling case. When the show is over, I take out the crate and put all my dirty dishes in the crate. Then there's room left in the case and tote and everything else fits just fine!

I do the same as AFWife I put all my dirty dishes in a big bag and re pack what is left in my crate and my show-to-go carry all tote and I am off. I also bring my own towels and oven mitts with me. I am not a fan of the oven gloves and I don't like to use the hosts things if I don't have too.

I have a plastic "drawer tote" that I use along with one crate to bring products and my tablecloth, etc. I use my TTA and carrier for all of my little items, a PC bag for lapboards/catalogs, and the large cushioned PC bag for my stones. During my demo, I keep the plastic drawer (which is now emptied out and items are on display...) under my demo table. As I create dirty dishes, I put them directly into the tote. Usually, it is just as full coming home as it was going to the show. It's just that on the way back home, it houses all of my dirty dishes. Then, everything else (clean) fits back into the one crate that I bring. I also do a "final walk through" as others have said...learned that one the hard way when I had to drive 35 minutes each way back to a host's house to pick up an item left behind...the stone racks are easy to miss, since they are so thin!
HTH
Kelly :)

packing up to go homeI too pack up my dirty dishes in a lined crate . I make sure my dish washer home is empty . I try to pack up as soon as i am done with the show the guests are still looking throuh the catatog I stop and have to go to do orders but at least some is done . I have all 3 show to go pieces but the large one is soooooo heavy, I'm thinking of geting another large tote the 2nd show to go pc and not bring the one on wheels.( unless it's for a fair or outside show). It so hard even after 6 years what to bring and what not to bring and now we have so many beautiful spring products that I want to bring .
I do go back into the house after all my stuff is in the care and do one last look around for anything so that I don't leave it there and i found that it helps I also say good by to any guests that are still there at that time. Doreen Zaino
[email protected]

When I am setting up at a show, one of the first things I do is set my crate under my table and put a garbage bag in it (I open the garbage bag and pull it down around all the sides of the crate). After every time I use something, I put it inside the garbage bag. I don't do my dishes at the host's house, I just stick them in the dishwasher when I get home. The only thing I have lost is my bread knife. I let someone cut a cake with it at one of the shows and then forgot about it. The host is nice, but very scatterbrained and says she can't find it (I don't think she is being dishonest, she is just very forgetful and disorganized). I would rather just get home and stick my dishes in the dishwasher than stand at my hosts house and wait for them to do it. Plus, I'm kind of weird about other people washing my stuff. I will rewash it anyway.

At my last show (a friend) I was able to come in the afternoon to set up - I took the relaxed opportunity to write down a "guide" for myself and broke it up into: big rolling case, show-to-go, and crate.

Crate -I had all of my cookware (wrapped in PC towels) in my crate. start with roasting rack, family skillet, 2 8-inch saute pans, grill pan, executive saucepan, and grill pan & my "tickets"

Rolling Case: Wrote "bottom, sides, front" under the rolling case - and put in my rectangular stone, chilzanne, flat stones and SA pieces mostly. Cookbooks on side, catalog "packs" in the back pocket.

In the Show to go, In the 3 side-by-side compartments I put EAD & cookie press in one side, the BBQ tool bag and themometer in the other side, the A/P/S/C in a bag in the center and put my sugar shaker, vanilla, my 2 prep bowls (one with premeasured brown sugar) in the spaces. Oh and my gift box. On the side pocket, my stainless steel bowls.

In my lap top case: extra catalogs, drawing forms,order forms, folder to collect orders, bag of pens, business cards & holder, recipe cards & new mini catalogs.

Packing up was sooooo much easier! I'm going to refer to this list whenever my host wants "alot" of stuff!

I am new, but had a show last night and found a system that worked really well. I bring an empty plastic tote bin with a lid and place it under the table I am using. On one end I had a little grocery store bag for trash and I put all the dirty dishes on the other end. At the end of the night I just snapped the lid on and brought it all home to sort through. Everything just went straight into the dishwasher.

Right now I am still working out of my crate... but when I get some of the show to go pieces, I'll probably start using the crate for the dirty dishes.

I don't like washing stuff at the hosts. I feel it is easier on them if I can pack up quickly and get out of their hair!

What I carryI have done this almost 4 years and always feel I carry too much. The show to go system has helped a lot and I rarely carry more products than can fit in these. I even carry a hot plate so I can demo cookware. I don't overpack any bag. If a bag is too heavy for me to lift, I take something out. I have learned that I really don't need to and can't possible carry everything. And the new catalog is wonderfully descriptive.

The only dirty dishes I wash at the host's house are: cookware, stones and very large simple addition pieces when and if they are carried and used. I have the 3 show to go pieces. Almost all my products fit in them. I carry a large plastic bin to put all dirty dishes in--placed under my table when I am presenting--when use, the piece goes in. I carry a PC tote for paperwork and another with show packets, calendar and PC info.

I always double check the area after I have packed up and loaded the car. I always check the food area for any serving pieces I have used.

I have occasionally left some inexpensive items and have learned this is sometimes the cost of business. Just like some things wear out after 180 cooking shows. Most things get returned if forgotten.

Good luck.

Jodi

I have found that I only take what I need to make the recipe and the new products. I take my crate and put all of the dirty dishes in there and wash when I get home, actually DH washes it for me!

My favorite though is when guests ask "Did you bring your whole kitchen?" If only they saw my kitchen, not one of the 31 cabinets or drawers are without a PC product!

Just wanted to say during my last 3 shows, my hosts asked me to bring as much product as I could... I did. My last 3 shows were over $1000!!!! I really think people will bring those expensive items when they can see/touch them.

Whoo hoo!

its_me_susan said:
Just wanted to say during my last 3 shows, my hosts asked me to bring as much product as I could... I did. My last 3 shows were over $1000!!!! I really think people will bring those expensive items when they can see/touch them.

Whoo hoo!

Ok after many very successful shows, I'm starting to rethink and want to downsize what I bring, to make the job look easier.... and hopefully get more people to see themselves in this job - it has made my life so much better! :)

As far as packing up... I've got the show to go system. I put the same things in the same spot each time I pack up. I take what I need for the recipe and a few Showstopper products, but that's it. I check each compartment of the S-T-G system and then check my crate with my dirties if something is not in the compartment when I'm packing up. The only times I've forgotten anything were when my host asked to wash the dishes.

When washing the dishes at the host's house I repack just as I unpacked...if I am bringing home dirties, I thrown them in my Rubbermaid and repack the clea stuff as it was. Makes for less confusion when putting it all back together. i am a creature of habit.

dannyzmom said:
When washing the dishes at the host's house I repack just as I unpacked...if I am bringing home dirties, I thrown them in my Rubbermaid and repack the clea stuff as it was. Makes for less confusion when putting it all back together. i am a creature of habit.

THANKS LADIES! Seeing these kinds of things helps me so much! I have 9 shows in the next 3 weeks (I usually only have 3-4 a month), so I am going to be trying this all out!

:)

Ok - what kind of tool box did you get from Sears. I got a really cool large bag from Bass Pro - but I think the thing on wheels would be better.

its_me_susan said:
At my last show (a friend) I was able to come in the afternoon to set up - I took the relaxed opportunity to write down a "guide" for myself and broke it up into: big rolling case, show-to-go, and crate.

Crate -I had all of my cookware (wrapped in PC towels) in my crate. start with roasting rack, family skillet, 2 8-inch saute pans, grill pan, executive saucepan, and grill pan & my "tickets"

Rolling Case: Wrote "bottom, sides, front" under the rolling case - and put in my rectangular stone, chilzanne, flat stones and SA pieces mostly. Cookbooks on side, catalog "packs" in the back pocket.

In the Show to go, In the 3 side-by-side compartments I put EAD & cookie press in one side, the BBQ tool bag and themometer in the other side, the A/P/S/C in a bag in the center and put my sugar shaker, vanilla, my 2 prep bowls (one with premeasured brown sugar) in the spaces. Oh and my gift box. On the side pocket, my stainless steel bowls.

In my lap top case: extra catalogs, drawing forms,order forms, folder to collect orders, bag of pens, business cards & holder, recipe cards & new mini catalogs.

Packing up was sooooo much easier! I'm going to refer to this list whenever my host wants "alot" of stuff!

Susan,
If you don't mind my asking...why do you bring SO much stuff?? I have found tha tsince I pared down the amount o fstuff that I bring, several things have happened:

- I get in & out faster
- my job looks much easier so I get lots more recruit interest
- I am out of the hostess' home faster so hosting is easier so my hostesses brag to their friends about how easy it is to host...thus, more bookings
- i no longer leave stuff behind
- i love my job so much more because it is so much easier

I REALLY REALLY recomend paring down your kits ladies (and guys)...try it - you'll be so much happier!!

dannyzmom said:
Susan,
If you don't mind my asking...why do you bring SO much stuff?? I have found tha tsince I pared down the amount o fstuff that I bring, several things have happened:

- I get in & out faster
- my job looks much easier so I get lots more recruit interest
- I am out of the hostess' home faster so hosting is easier so my hostesses brag to their friends about how easy it is to host...thus, more bookings
- i no longer leave stuff behind
- i love my job so much more because it is so much easier

I REALLY REALLY recomend paring down your kits ladies (and guys)...try it - you'll be so much happier!!

Well reason was 4 out of 5 shows were over $1000. But since I have so many booked for June I *am* paring down. I think I could still pare down more.... *sigh* so hard. I'm not good at catalog pages... Do you actually walk them through the catalog pages?

Would you mind telling me what you would bring (which standard pieces of 3 collections ~ which classics, which new)if you were making the mandarin pasta salad? I feel like people want to touch/feel the items that are $30 and up....

Caroline, you are my Epinions' buddy, no? Wish we lived closer and had the same meetings. Would definitely enjoy doing this with you!

Thanks for thehelp!

I have learned that no matter what I bring someone wants to see something I don't have. So now I take what I need for the recipe, something from each line that isn't covered in the recipe (eg. if I'm doing something in cookware I'll take a stone...) and I ask the host if there's something she or a guest wants to see. Now I take a crate that I can actually lift with a dishpan in it, the show to go tote and the tool turn about tote plus my paperwork and computer.

On the way home the dirty dishes go in the dishpan and larger items in the crate. Clean dishes go in the STO bag and the TTA tote. Weight is not distributed as well but it works for me.

I do have the rolling crate but I found it heavy no matter what I put in it and so many people have gravel drives or lots of steps so I just use it for fairs and such.

its_me_susan said:
Well reason was 4 out of 5 shows were over $1000. But since I have so many booked for June I *am* paring down. I think I could still pare down more.... *sigh* so hard. I'm not good at catalog pages... Do you actually walk them through the catalog pages?

Would you mind telling me what you would bring (which standard pieces of 3 collections ~ which classics, which new)if you were making the mandarin pasta salad? I feel like people want to touch/feel the items that are $30 and up....

Caroline, you are my Epinions' buddy, no? Wish we lived closer and had the same meetings. Would definitely enjoy doing this with you!

Thanks for thehelp!

Yes Susan - it's me!!!!! (((((((((((Susan)))))))))))) How cool to get to "hang out" with you in a whole other venue!! Do you still write for Epinions? I haven't written in ages - my mom still does so I go and rate her stuff but that's about it.

As for what I'd bring for the MPSalad...I don't know - I happen to be a real recipe loser. I have my basic 4-5 recipes that I am comfy doing and have a REALLY hard time deviating. I am trying to work on that - but it's slow going.

But here's what I do - I generally keep my TTA the same...pretty full (small stuff so it's no big hassle) and then bring whatever stone, mixing bowl, SA pieces I will use for the recipe (one stone, one bowl) and always bring the 8" exec skillet to show (I burn cheese in it to show how easy it is to clean)

When people say "Do you have the _____ with you tha I can look at?" My response is something along the lines of "No, today we were focusing on ____ but if you'd like, at YOUR show we can do a recuipe that focuses on ____ so you and your friends can check out that item/line and you can have it for free!"

I used to being the whole kit & kaboodle, but my NSED encouraged me to pare down and it has made such a hugely positive difference! My show average is around $800 for the year so it has definitely helped.

My next challenge is to break away from doing 2 recipes. I always do a main recipe and a dessert (micro cake usually) and really need to get down to JUST ONE recipe.

I just have to put my two pennies in here. I was having a hard time getting recruits and also took about an hour to set-up and prep. I was exhausted before even starting the show! Once I got the STG and started using all three pieces with one woven selection and my paperwork bin only (believe me, I used to bring a LOT), I immediately got two recruits in one week. Both said "you make it look so easy and fun!" However, I still haven't hit the elusive $1000 show.

dannyzmom said:
Yes Susan - it's me!!!!! (((((((((((Susan)))))))))))) How cool to get to "hang out" with you in a whole other venue!! Do you still write for Epinions? I haven't written in ages - my mom still does so I go and rate her stuff but that's about it.

As for what I'd bring for the MPSalad...I don't know - I happen to be a real recipe loser. I have my basic 4-5 recipes that I am comfy doing and have a REALLY hard time deviating. I am trying to work on that - but it's slow going.

But here's what I do - I generally keep my TTA the same...pretty full (small stuff so it's no big hassle) and then bring whatever stone, mixing bowl, SA pieces I will use for the recipe (one stone, one bowl) and always bring the 8" exec skillet to show (I burn cheese in it to show how easy it is to clean)

When people say "Do you have the _____ with you tha I can look at?" My response is something along the lines of "No, today we were focusing on ____ but if you'd like, at YOUR show we can do a recuipe that focuses on ____ so you and your friends can check out that item/line and you can have it for free!"

I used to being the whole kit & kaboodle, but my NSED encouraged me to pare down and it has made such a hugely positive difference! My show average is around $800 for the year so it has definitely helped.

My next challenge is to break away from doing 2 recipes. I always do a main recipe and a dessert (micro cake usually) and really need to get down to JUST ONE recipe.

I'm sooooooo happy :) Congrats on becoming a director!!!! Ok, big challenge.... I have BIG show tonight, and 2 recipes b/c host REALLY wants both - I am determined NOT to bring it all.

Please go see my "how do you walk them through the catalog" thred - I really need to do that!

I need to get packed so I can relax - want to slip in a manicure if I get done early!

BTW, no I don't epinion at all! I come here instead. (((( love you )))) Do you have yahoo messenge? I'm its_me_susan2003 there :)

I don't have yahoo messenger but I have AOL/AIM...are u on there?
What recipes are you doing tonight and I'll see if I can help you pack.

PS - I REALLY pared down last night on packing - did 2 recipes...was in & out at a reasonable hour and -- ready for this??? $1638.92 in commissionable sales and 3 bookings!!!

One of the best things I have done for my business is to get a Rubbermaid or similar type tub. I use the tub to tote extras to my shows, food etc. Once at my show I line the tub with a PC bag. As I do my demonstration I toss any dirty tools into my tub. When I get home the tub goes inside with me, I wash the items and then put them back into the tote, I then put the tools back into my kit. This eliminates any forgotten tools.

Okay, at Tom Marston's show last night he had a Bucket Buddy, got a white painters tub and tool belt thing for the bucket from Lowes for like $20. It holds so much stuff and was way cool looking.

I thin kth eBucket Buddy that Tom uses is great for male consultants but I don't think it looks very appealing for female consultants - but that's just my opinion

Evelynt said:
One of the best things I have done for my business is to get a Rubbermaid or similar type tub. I use the tub to tote extras to my shows, food etc. Once at my show I line the tub with a PC bag. As I do my demonstration I toss any dirty tools into my tub. When I get home the tub goes inside with me, I wash the items and then put them back into the tote, I then put the tools back into my kit. This eliminates any forgotten tools.
What a great idea to line it with a PC bag!! I just started using a Rubbermaid Dirty Dish Tub...and I have been hosing it out the next day - I am going to start lining it with a bag like you do - thanks for the tip!!!

dannyzmom said:
I don't have yahoo messenger but I have AOL/AIM...are u on there?
What recipes are you doing tonight and I'll see if I can help you pack.

PS - I REALLY pared down last night on packing - did 2 recipes...was in & out at a reasonable hour and -- ready for this??? $1638.92 in commissionable sales and 3 bookings!!!

WHAT recipes did YOU make????? lol. I made strawberry spinach salad with host, and the Artichoke-spinach twist last night. BethCooks helped me pack (she was so great on IM - really had me putting stuff away). My party was small - but almost at $600 without hosts order. Only about 5 guests - but 2-3 more orders coming so it might actually reach $700.

What did you make & what did you bring???? Thanks so much for helping too!

soonerchef said:
Okay, at Tom Marston's show last night he had a Bucket Buddy, got a white painters tub and tool belt thing for the bucket from Lowes for like $20. It holds so much stuff and was way cool looking.

So he put the tools in his belt? Did he cook?

its_me_susan said:
So he put the tools in his belt? Did he cook?
Nope, no cooking...he had the recipe already prepared.

I made the Lemon Herb Chicken Ring and a microwave cake that totally flopped

I do the extra plastic bag thing then...I only pack the display stuff in the wheeled carrier*. Anything I will use for a recipe goes into the other tote with my box of pens, magnets, goodies and usually the groceries. I carry three or 4 Aldi's bags - they're nice and heavy and I don't mind disposing of them if needed - to pack up my dirty dishes and put them back into the tote. The display stuff goes back in the rolling cart and of course the clean "gadgets" stay in the the tool turn-about and that goes back in it's bag minus the dirty stuff.
This way when I get home, the rolling cart stays in the garage as does the tote. I only bring in the bags with the dirty dishes in them and the tool turn-about to put the clean gadgets back into.
** I carry only new items, Easy Read Measuring Cups, USG, Executive Saute Skillet, A piece of stoneware if I am not using it at the show and the Grill Tools in the bag. I also have my cookbook collection which fits right in one of the side pockets. The catlogs are in the other pocket. And my laptop goes int he front pocket. That's it.
The recipe stuff is in the tote.
I did pack all three pieces to the hilt once because when I first got the three pieces I was so excited. Then I found out I couldn't lift the wheeled cart into the car! Arnold S. I'm not!

pampered1224 said:
I only pack the display stuff in the wheeled carrier*. Anything I will use for a recipe goes into the other tote with my box of pens, magnets, goodies and usually the groceries. I carry three or 4 Aldi's bags - they're nice and heavy and I don't mind disposing of them if needed - to pack up my dirty dishes and put them back into the tote. The display stuff goes back in the rolling cart and of course the clean "gadgets" stay in the the tool turn-about and that goes back in it's bag minus the dirty stuff.
This way when I get home, the rolling cart stays in the garage as does the tote. I only bring in the bags with the dirty dishes in them and the tool turn-about to put the clean gadgets back into.
** I carry only new items, Easy Read Measuring Cups, USG, Executive Saute Skillet, A piece of stoneware if I am not using it at the show and the Grill Tools in the bag. I also have my cookbook collection which fits right in one of the side pockets. The catlogs are in the other pocket. And my laptop goes int he front pocket. That's it.
The recipe stuff is in the tote.
I did pack all three pieces to the hilt once because when I first got the three pieces I was so excited. Then I found out I couldn't lift the wheeled cart into the car! Arnold S. I'm not!

Thank you so much for this!!!!

Do you know if the measurements wash away over time? I'm asked that alot, but mine are very new so I can only say if they do you can get them replaced for new....

Is your laptop in a case in the bag? I bring my cooling rack to place my laptop on (so it doesn't over heat - and sell quite a few for that purpose). :)

its_me_susan said:
Thank you so much for this!!!!

Is your laptop in a case in the bag? I bring my cooling rack to place my laptop on (so it doesn't over heat - and sell quite a few for that purpose). :)

What sort of reaction do yo uget to bringing your laptop to shows? Do you then have to print out receipts for everyone? What receipts/order forms do ou have your guests use? Do you feel it affects your recruiting? I am really curious because I have wanted for quite some time now to start bringing a laptop to shows but my AD poo-poos the idea.

dannyzmom said:
What sort of reaction do yo uget to bringing your laptop to shows? Do you then have to print out receipts for everyone? What receipts/order forms do ou have your guests use? Do you feel it affects your recruiting? I am really curious because I have wanted for quite some time now to start bringing a laptop to shows but my AD poo-poos the idea.

People seem really impressed when I bring it. When asked if PC provides it, I say no but it is a taxable deduction. I also (and they do) like the speed of it - and it saves me time and is more accurate then using a calculator. Also tallys the host benefits right there on the spot! I still just let them have the write in form as their reciept, and print out from home the ones that didn't get one.

I actullay don't keep it in the bag I haveI simply place the laptop, the cord and mouse - I can't stand that goofy thingy on the laptop itself - in the front pouch and that's it. I did have a printer I carried but just decied one day, heck with it. I use the OOFs. I tell our guests to just put down what they want and then I will figure out the tax and total so they don't have too. After putting their order into PP, I simply transfer the total to the OOF and give them that back as a tempory receipt. Again, why carry something extra when I don't have too.
And I found that no one seems really impressed if I do bring my laptop, if that's what you were asking. Actually that is not entirely true. I have had a few people who have asked me about it. They have been consultants with different companies or ex-consultants for PC or other companies.
My main thing is is that I stink at using calculators. Because PP does all the math, I figured it was better to spend the cash then loose the cash on bad math on orders. I have had the same laptop for 5 years now. I got it 6 months into my business. I absolutely would be lost without it. Oh, I do have a desktop that is my back up but try hauling that to a show!
Got to ask, what is an AD? Is that Advanced Director? And what happened to "It's your business"? If you want to use a laptop, use a laptop! It is a depreciable on your taxes for 5 years as well. So a percentage will always be a deduction for that 5 years.

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
I simply place the laptop, the cord and mouse - I can't stand that goofy thingy on the laptop itself - in the front pouch and that's it. I did have a printer I carried but just decied one day, heck with it. I use the OOFs. I tell our guests to just put down what they want and then I will figure out the tax and total so they don't have too. After putting their order into PP, I simply transfer the total to the OOF and give them that back as a tempory receipt. Again, why carry something extra when I don't have too.
And I found that no one seems really impressed if I do bring my laptop, if that's what you were asking. Actually that is not entirely true. I have had a few people who have asked me about it. They have been consultants with different companies or ex-consultants for PC or other companies.
My main thing is is that I stink at using calculators. Because PP does all the math, I figured it was better to spend the cash then loose the cash on bad math on orders. I have had the same laptop for 5 years now. I got it 6 months into my business. I absolutely would be lost without it. Oh, I do have a desktop that is my back up but try hauling that to a show!
Got to ask, what is an AD? Is that Advanced Director? And what happened to "It's your business"? If you want to use a laptop, use a laptop! It is a depreciable on your taxes for 5 years as well. So a percentage will always be a deduction for that 5 years.

You're so right about the "it's your business" thing.
I think maybe I will invest in a laptop later this year...

dannyzmom said:
You're so right about the "it's your business" thing.
I think maybe I will invest in a laptop later this year...

The time you save inputting after the show will make you never leave home without it! You are going to love it.

Also - In my opinion, it shows our great software and makes our job look easier. So many people are gun shy about the paperwork & calculations/taxes aspect of owning their own business. PP can calulate that year end report for us. You can show them on the spot.

When I receive a check, I'll put the check # in right away so I know who's paid later. I don't always input all of their info right there (just check that you can READ their handwriting and ask if you can't).

What are the show to go pieces and how do you get them? Any pictures anywhere? I'm looking for helpful ways to pack things to the shows. Thanks

What are the show to go cases and how do you get them? I am still learning but they sound like something I need! thanks!

Sorry if this is a duplicate - this computer is acting weird! What are the show-to-go pieces and how do you get them? Are there pictures anywhere? Need help with transporting. - Thanks!:confused:

Most of my shows this month have been out of town (like 350 miles away) I bring everything only because I know that when I shop, I want to see, touch and play with the items that I am interested in. I know that PC has a great return policy but it is just another hoop to jump through if I don't have to. So, I have my stoneware, wovens, and the executive cw pieces that I own in an extra large rolling suitcase. I also have a map where everything goes. It makes packing up so much easier and know exacly where everything is. I also use a plastic crate for the "extras" and then use my empty folding crate for the dirty dishes. It works for me.
Valerie

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks