• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Home Office or Business Line Setup

In summary, the independent director of The Pampered Chef recommends adding a message on the home machine that it's also the office line. She suggests using a similar message to those for home and then including the cell phone number.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
If so could you share it with me? I'd like to add to our home machine that it's my home office or business line too! But I'm not sure how to say it?? Any ideas??

Hello, you have reached the home of __________ and the office of _____________, your Pampered Chef consultant. I'm sorry we missed you, but your call is important to us so please leave your name, #, the time that you called and we'll get back to you as soon as we can..... or something like that ;)

PCCHeather0506 said:
If so could you share it with me? I'd like to add to our home machine that it's my home office or business line too! But I'm not sure how to say it?? Any ideas??

I have one on my cell phone, but my director has one on her main home number. Here is what I remember...

Hi you have reached the home office of ________ Independent Director of The Pampered Chef.

Okay guess my memory isn't working. I thought I was going to remember more. I know she says something like "and the home of the ___________ family. Please leave a message."

jcsmilez said:
Hello, you have reached the home of __________ and the office of _____________, your Pampered Chef consultant. I'm sorry we missed you, but your call is important to us so please leave your name, #, the time that you called and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

.... or something like that ;)

Mine's almost like Tristen's..

Hello, you have reached the home of the (family last name) and the office of your Pampered Chef consultant, (my first and last name). I'm sorry we missed you but your call is important to us, so please leave your name, #, and the time that you called and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks!

jcsmilez said:
Hello, you have reached the home of __________ and the office of _____________, your Pampered Chef consultant. I'm sorry we missed you, but your call is important to us so please leave your name, #, the time that you called and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

this is pretty much mine and I have it on our home and on my cell.

I've been wanting to do this too but my husband has his business on there! I haven't figured out how to get his business & our PC business both on there. We could probably leave the family part off since we all have our own cell phones & use those more than the home phone! Any ideas on that?

My message is much like those about and then I also tell them my cell phone number on my home phone machine. I have found that when the mood strikes them to call me about business... if they have an alternative number they seem to go ahead and try me on my cell phone.

jcsmilez said:

that is exactly mine!

I have a message on my cell phone but not my home phone. The only reason we have a land line is because my DH refuses to get a cell phone. My cell phone says this:

Hi, you've reached Katie XXXXX, Independent Consultan for TPC. I'm sorry I was unable to take your call at this time. Please leave me a detailed message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you and Have a Great Day.

HTH

I have my cell number on all my PC correspondence so it just makes sense to have PC message on that. I do use the landline usually when making calls which is probably dumb because it may confuse people but it works for me.

My cell phone is: Hello you have reached Beth ___, Independent Consultant with TPC. I'm sorry I missed your call, please leave your name, number, and a brief message and I will call you back as soon as I can. Thank you, have a great day.

Home is: Hello, thank you for calling. You have reached the ___ Family and Beth with TPC. Sorry we missed your call. Please leave your name, number and brief message and we will be sure to get back with you before the end of the day. Thank you.

Stampaholic1961 said:
I've been wanting to do this too but my husband has his business on there! I haven't figured out how to get his business & our PC business both on there. We could probably leave the family part off since we all have our own cell phones & use those more than the home phone! Any ideas on that?

Bev,

This is how I do it for us. Hi you have reached the (our last name), Jennie xxxx with The Pampered Chef and Butch xxxx with High Valley Construction, sorry we missed your call. Please leave your name and number and we will return you call. Thank you and have a great day.

Mine says "Hi, you've reached (856)4------- The home of the ______________ and the office of Sharon XXXXX, Independent Consultant for the Pampered Chef. Please leave your name, number and brief message and I'll return your call as soon as possible"

Simple and to the point.

Stampaholic1961 said:

It took me the longest time to figure out how to do my two home businesses. My machine says " You have reached the Buffords and the home office of Melissa Bufford, BOTH Work at Home Marketing Executive AND Pampered Chef Consultant......

I emphasize BOTH so that they know to listen for the second business if they do not recognize the first.

Here's mine: You have reached the xxxxxxx residence and Tara with TPC. We're unable to take your call right now . . . (you know the rest)

I have a friend in another DS company and her husband says on their machine: You have reached Bill and Audrey xxxxxxx and Audrey with Beauty Control. Please leave a message after the beep or for BC, you can call Audrey on her cell at xxxxxxxx.

Then another friend says on her machine: Hi, this is the xxxxxxx. If you would like to leave a message for sharon press #1, if you would like to leave a message for chuck press #2.

It might seem odd, buy my husband had me just have the house line say "Hi, you've reached Amanda XXX, your Pampered Chef Independent Consultant. Please leave me a message and I'll call you right back." He figures no one ever really calls us other than family and church members and everyone knows I'm a consultant, so it's no big deal to just have me on there (and most of the calls are for me anyway). His family and all his employees call him on his cell phone (company paid), so he never gets calls. Feels funny to me to not have a family name on there, but I see his point. We never get calls, just me with my PC stuff. Once the kids are older and they have friends calling and such, I'll change it. But I do keep the message short and sweet. My sister used to have the "press 1 for her husband, 2 for her, 3 for my sister's Mary Kay business, 4 for the family, etc." It was long and kind of annoying. Wait...what # was I supposed to hit? :D

1. How can I create a functional and organized home office setup?

There are a few key elements to creating a successful home office setup. First, designate a specific area in your home for your office. This could be a spare room, a corner of your living room, or even a closet. Next, invest in quality office furniture and storage solutions to keep your space clutter-free. Finally, make sure to have all necessary supplies, such as a computer, printer, and office supplies, easily accessible.

2. What are some essential tools or products for a home office setup?

Some essential tools for a home office setup include a reliable computer or laptop, a printer, a comfortable office chair, a desk or work surface, and storage solutions such as filing cabinets or shelves. Other helpful products include a desk lamp, a phone or headset for business calls, and a planner or organization system.

3. How can I optimize my home office for productivity?

There are a few ways to optimize your home office for productivity. First, make sure to have a designated work area free from distractions. Next, set a schedule and stick to it, just as you would in a traditional office setting. Additionally, try to limit personal tasks or distractions during work hours. Finally, take breaks and incorporate movement into your workday to stay energized and focused.

4. How can I create a professional business line for my home office?

Creating a professional business line for your home office can be easily done through a virtual phone service or by using a separate business phone number. You can also set up a professional voicemail greeting and use a business email address for communication with clients or customers.

5. Are there any legal or tax considerations for a home office or business line setup?

Yes, there may be legal and tax considerations for a home office or business line setup. It's important to check with your local government to see if you need any permits or licenses to operate a home-based business. You may also be able to deduct certain expenses related to your home office on your taxes, so be sure to consult with a tax professional for specific guidelines and requirements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tiggerhale
  • Whit Meier
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Deb Bixler