• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Sharing: Best Practices and Etiquette for Direct Sales Consultants

In summary, In my experience, handing out recipe cards at a show is not very effective. I think the best idea is to print them out and include them in the guests' receipts.
pkd09
Silver Member
I recently listened to a training CD and the Executive Director (I believe) stated she does not hand out the receipe she prepared. She tells the individual she would be glad to prepare it again at her show if she books one. I have had requests for recipes I have prepared at a show and was wondering what others do?

I direct everyone to my website. I tell them I will post it there. I do make recipe cards and give them out at my shows, they all have my contact info on the back.

I like the booking idea though.

always be sure to tell your guests which cookbook your recipe can be found in. I have had many cookbook sales as a result of this.

yes i doI hand out copies of the recipes I make, just because it seemed like when I didn't-everyone was so worried about jotting down ingredients that they weren't paying attention to me! Now they know they have the recipe in their folder, so they can watch my demo! I also have my info on the recipes, and let them know which book they're in.

I also hand out the recipe if someone asks for it. Not everyone at every show has access to a computer.

I like to hand out the recipe to everyone. It has my info on it and I have had people call me 9 months down the road and tell me they remembered my info on the recipe. People are more likely to keep a recipe than a business card. Sometimes what I do is put the 2nd recipe on my website. Then if they want it they have to go there and get it.

I give the host the recipes I make at her show.
But during the demo, I don't talk about the recipe at all, it isn't about the recipe, it's about the products, then at the end I let them know which cookbook or which product Use and Care it is from... they sometimes buy the product for the U&C recipe, or the cookbook.

I always buy the recipe cards, but I hardly ever hand them out at parties. I always tell them where they can find the recipe at the beginning of the show. Since I am generally doing Celebrations shows that is when I present the SB and say it is my host gift. I also tell them which page to find the recipe on (and please write a host appropriate message, so she remembers who was here at her party).

Every season I buy the cards thinking...this time I'll use them. I do use them for fairs, booths, craft shows. When people ask for a catalog or my information I give them a recipe card. It is also a good attention getter, "Would you like a FREE recipe?"

I always hand out my recipes at the end of the show. The reason for this is that if they buy the product or products I use and take one of my recipes to what function they have this will help me because they will want to buy the products so they can make the recipe.:)

I tell my guests that if they give me their email address, I will email it to them when the show closes. That way they know when to expect their things and they get the recipe.

If someone does not have email and asks for the recipe, I usually print it out and include it with their receipt.

Email the recipes
DebbieJ said:
I tell my guests that if they give me their email address, I will email it to them when the show closes. That way they know when to expect their things and they get the recipe.

If someone does not have email and asks for the recipe, I usually print it out and include it with their receipt.

This is what I have started doing...I find I get more email addresses for my newsletter this way, and it highlights the fact that I provide customer service, and I do what I say! The hardest part is actually doing it, but my customers absolutely love knowing that the "recipe is in the mail!"

I have a big stack of recipe cards I've purchased over the last couple years. I purchase them thinking I'll do the recipe and then hand out the card. That has only happened a few times. Either my host doesn't want the recipe or I don't like making it. So now I keep it simple. I use recipes found in the Season's Best, give one to my host as a thank you gift, pass it around and ask everyone to sign the book and tell them that the recipe comes right from the book. If they want the recipe, they will spend the $1. Right now I've been making the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries and folks are going crazy over them. They are messy but delicious. The recipe serves 12 but if you have more coming, you can cut the puff pastry into 15 or even 24.

I don't do a drawing so I tell them at the start of the show- if they fill out their survey slip completely and give it to my with their order I will give them that nights recipe. Of course I have all my info on it.

1. How can I request a specific recipe from Pampered Chef?

If you are looking for a specific recipe from Pampered Chef, you can visit our website and search for the recipe in our recipe library. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and they will be happy to assist you in finding the recipe you are looking for.

2. Are all of the recipes from Pampered Chef free?

Yes, all of the recipes from Pampered Chef are completely free. You can find them on our website or through your Pampered Chef consultant. We believe in sharing delicious and easy-to-follow recipes with our customers.

3. Are the recipes from Pampered Chef only for use with Pampered Chef products?

No, our recipes can be used with any kitchen products and appliances. Our goal is to provide tasty and versatile recipes that can be used by anyone, regardless of the brand of kitchen equipment they have.

4. Can I share Pampered Chef recipes with others?

Yes, you are welcome to share our recipes with others. However, we kindly ask that you give credit to Pampered Chef and include a link to the original recipe on our website.

5. Are there any tips or tricks for using Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, we often include helpful tips and tricks for using our recipes on our website and in our cookbooks. You can also ask your Pampered Chef consultant for any tips or techniques they have learned from using our recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies