• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Hand Out Host Packets at the Event?

In summary, when someone books a show through your business, you hand them a packet of information that includes recipes and business advice. The cost of mailing the packet later is much more expensive than handing it out when the person books the show.
BlessedWifeMommy
When you have someone pencil in a date, do you hand them a host packet then?

Yes, the contents are much cheaper than the almost $5 it would take me to mail it later.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, the contents are much cheaper than the almost $5 it would take me to mail it later.

That was what I was thinking. These get really heavy!

Have you had potential hosts disappear even after getting the packet?

Same here! Hand them out then. I find the hosts get more excited and the other guests start asking to be invited to that party!

Okay so how many do you take to a all day event? I'm going tomorrow to our town's founder's day festival. I'm super excited!

I don't! I got tired of potential hosts bailing and me losing out on the cost of the contents of my host packet (plus my time putting it together). :mad:

I'll pencil them in then follow up the next day to confirm. I then give them 3 days to give me their guest info, b/c I am once again mailing out the invitations for my hosts. I will mail out the host packet after I have mailed out all the invites. This pretty much ensures the show is gonna "stick" if I have mailed out the invites. When I do this, I have not ever had a host cancel or bail out on me...thus losing the show and the cost of the host packet contents. ;)

I do and so far have not had anyone bail on me....even my cattie hosts. I just take a couple for cattie shows and a couple for cooking shows...all made up like I was getting ready to mail them. I would not give them for potentials that are looking at 2-3 months down the road....usually the hosts I have met at these events start cattie shows right away and the cooking shows are booked within a month or so.

I ended up making 10 packets. We did the prize as a free cooking show (everyone won!). I had 3 people take packets and are doing shows for me (2 on the calendar, one wants a date in May and is calling tomorrow). However, 4 more people were excited to learn they won and now I'm mailing them packets tomorrow.

Next time I'm thinking about being honest and giving them a free show if the pick a date then and there. In this economy a free show sounded really good to most people. What do you all think?

Yes, I hand out the packets when the person books a show.

Mailing from military address to military address here on the island is free, but we are prohibited from using the military mail for business purposes. I can't mail catalogs or packets to hosts. I'm also prohibited from mailing the invites for my hosts. :( If I get caught violating the rules, I can loose my mailbox. Can't live without mail, so I follow the rules.

Glad you posted this tread! I have been wondering the same thing

I always hand them out at the show/event. It's MUCH cheaper to hand them out there than it is to mail the stuff later. I'm only out about $2 in cost if they do decide to bail out, and that is rare.

Mailing does get quite costly. If someone lives nearby or in an area I'll soon be travelling to, I often drop them off if I don't have enough.

I hand them out if they book within the next month.... longer than that and I will mail it about a month before their show. Postage is too expensive for me to keep mailing them afterwards.

Last edited:
I send out a guest list and give them time to fill it out and return it to me. (I do send them a self addressed envelope). Since I work another full time job, have a growing team of 20 or so, I have no time to hand deliver unless they are on my route to work. Once I get their list, I mail the packet.

I did try handing it out as they booked but as someone mentioned, I lost too many host packets when they cancelled, changed to another season, etc.

My recipe choices are in my packet and it helps me keep my scheduled more organized. For me this works. We live in a rural area and it is too much time and travel to hand deliver much. My advice is always, try what works best for you and see what is the most affordable time and money wise.

I am doing another booth. Since I didn't have much luck on the first one I was wondering how you promote the giving away a free kitchen show i.e. do you have a bowl and put leads in there so they think there is a drawing and do you try to book at the show? How successful is that?

Thanks

Judy

jj16 said:
I am doing another booth. Since I didn't have much luck on the first one I was wondering how you promote the giving away a free kitchen show i.e. do you have a bowl and put leads in there so they think there is a drawing and do you try to book at the show? How successful is that?

Thanks

Judy

I'm going to give this a shot at an Expo I'm doing on Saturday...I'm going to have a booking incentive--book a that day and you will get a free gift the day of your show (PC shopping bag and SB--stolen idea from a thread I got here). That way if they cancel, I'm not out a gift. I'm doing the 24 shows in 24 hours booking challenge this weekend. In addition to getting a free gift, the first 24 shows booked during my challenge will have a chance for a $50 shopping spree. I'm hoping that will generate interest! I spent an hour the other night (I'm splitting this up, LOL) and got 5 shows (including one for October, lol--hey, I'll book ahead, definitely!) and a bridal registry. I'll post how it goes at my expo...I am going to make up host packs--unsure how many since I had to prepare for 100 gift bags for attendees (mini cattie and 1 recipe card--all w/ my name all over). I'm thinking 10-15 and I can always use them later when needed. I'd be happy to get even one booking...more would be nice since I was offered a shift at my waitressing job and had I not already paid for the both, I probably would have taken the guaranteed cash:blushing:

jj16 said:

Thanks

Judy

I did the triffle bowl as my collection place. I tried to make notes on the back of the slips after I talked with each person. I got 6 people say they wanted to host a show, gave 3 packets out and ended up mailing 3 more when I called and told them (all) that they won a free show.

I'm not sure how people would react if I told them right off the bat that if they agree to host their show would be free (I bring everything for the recipe). I've thought about this approach for the next booth. My only concern is that there would have to be a drawing for something else to get the info from people who don't want to do a show, but still might be good customer leads that we will want to follow up with.

Thoughts?

1. What is a host packet?

A host packet is a collection of materials and information that is given to the host of a Pampered Chef event. It typically includes catalogs, order forms, and other helpful resources to make hosting a successful event easier.

2. Do I need to hand out host packets at the event?

It is not required to hand out host packets at the event, but it is highly recommended. This allows the host to have all the necessary materials on hand to guide their guests in placing orders and to maximize their rewards as a host.

3. How can I obtain host packets for my event?

You can obtain host packets by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with host packets and answer any questions you may have about the materials.

4. Is there a cost associated with host packets?

No, there is no cost associated with host packets. They are provided to hosts free of charge as a way to support and thank them for hosting a Pampered Chef event.

5. Can I customize the host packets for my event?

Yes, you can customize the host packets for your event. Your Pampered Chef consultant can work with you to include specific information or materials that you think would be helpful for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Myminges
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies