• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Demos: A Guide to Gaining Inspiration and Improving Show Length

In summary, Diane went to a variety of demos and learned a lot. She also enjoyed attending other people's demos and listening to CDs. She regrets waiting for her cluster and is going to sleep in the night before the tour.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I like to go to other demos to get ideas. I went to a PartyLite demo and now have a true appreciation for how long a show should be.

I go all the timeSpecifically, I love to go to other Consultant's cooking demo's. I learn so much from them! My AD will let us go to any of her shows, and even does "host coaching" events where we can listen in!

I do enjoy going to other products demos as well. I believe in supporting other businesses (what goes around, comes around), and you can definitely learn at lot...different games, different recruiting speels that can be tweaked to fit TPC, plus a lot of don'ts...like be comfortable with your game before you play it!

I was at a Celebrations (Lillian Vernon) show a couple of weeks ago, and she was playing Price is Right...exact same concept as what's been post here before, but it was so boring and tedious! She was reading the product descriptions from the catalog with no inflection at all, and kept having to double check the instructions for the particular game.

Big lesson to me!

I go...It seems like I'm always invited to parties! I try to be very respectful and not bring up that I'm a PC consultant (I think it's rude to talk about my business at these parties unless asked), and I always say something positive to the consultant (I loved your left-right game, you really know your products, etc.), because it always makes me feel good at the end of a demo to hear something positive!

I've learned a lot of things to implement at my shows, and also some things not to do!

Diane

Sure I do.

I know a good idea when I steal it.

Even after 11:00TKG, still quick on your feet this late at night, hey? Or are you just getting started?

Diane

dianevill said:
TKG, still quick on your feet this late at night, hey? Or are you just getting started?

Diane
I'm crashing fast. It's been a long day - I was wide awake at 4:30 this morning, still stewing over, well, you know what. :eek:

I think we're all a a little punchy! I stole this line from the PartyLite lady after hearing her oppportunity infomercial: "Now, I doubt you all care that much about my personal life, its just that if someone hadn't shared this business opportunity to me, I wouldn't be where I am today". A better way for me than saying ,"Now watch what I do and see if its for you." I just don't speak that way. The lady on the tape is adorable, but it just ain't workin' for me.

I like the PartyLite lady's line...I may actually have to borrow that one, too, because I can't seem to get anything to fit me! I love listening to the CDs because they make me laugh. I can't say 99% of what they say - it doesn't sound right.

TKG, I'll sell you my ticket for a hundred bucks.

Just kidding, I've been waiting a looooong time to go on the tour. I wish your director would have told you to register quickly. On a good note, you probably don't have to take the 6 am train down to Chicago. You can sleep in a little!

Diane

P.S. Yes, punchy is right. I've been up since 4:30, too, but serving espresso. One for you, two for me...

dianevill said:
I may actually have to borrow that one, too, because I can't seem to get anything to fit me! I love listening to the CDs because they make me laugh. I can't say 99% of what they say - it doesn't sound right.

TKG, I'll sell you my ticket for a hundred bucks.

Just kidding, I've been waiting a looooong time to go on the tour. I wish your director would have told you to register quickly. On a good note, you probably don't have to take the 6 am train down to Chicago. You can sleep in a little!

Diane

P.S. Yes, punchy is right. I've been up since 4:30, too, but serving espresso. One for you, two for me...
After the hotel room debacle, I should have realized that waiting for my cluster was a fatal error. I'm not taking that &^%$#! 6:20 Hiawatha. I'm going down the night before.

I'm turning in soon!:cool:

AJPratt said:
I'm turning in soon!:cool:
Last time I was in Chicago, I saw a magician.

He was walking down Michigan Avenue and he turned into a store.

Grrrrrrrroooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn.

You're killing me....

Diane

He's here all week, folks!

TKG~ I went to Conference last year but registered once I got to Chicago. (I had only been doing PC for 2 months) I really wanted to go on the HO tour and of course it had been filled as soon as it went up for everyone to register. I waited in the standby line for a good 2 hours but since it was my first conference, my recruiter gave me a scavenger hunt to talk to people and that's what I did. I pretty much got my hunt filled and as luck turned out, I got to go! I got to go on the last tour of the day and only 2 people behind me got to go as well!;) We were very lucky and I still talk to one of the girls that I waited in line with.

It does suck to get up that early but its so worth it when the people are shopping! I just wish it was me!:rolleyes: ;) :D

dianevill said:
Grrrrrrrroooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn.

You're killing me....

Diane
Most of my friends have groan accustomed to my humor.

I think going to other demos is great! Especially PC ones. A group of directors out here do our own "Cooking Show Live" training shows. All consultants are invited to come and directors rotate and do one every month. There's usually a theme having to do with things coming up....like the one on Monday is Summer Salads and Help Whip Cancer shows. I ALWAYS learn something when I go to someone else's show. We each chip in $2 for the recipe ingredients and we go and act like guests during the demo. After the demo is done, we can put our consultant hat (chef's hat-ha!) back on and ask any questions.

I strongly recommend trying to go to other consultant's shows just to observe, ESPECIALLY if you're new!:D

Good points, all, Becky! I like seeing other presentations because it helps me pick and choose what might work for me and what doesn't. As you might guess, I'm big on gags and laughs. Some don't work for me, some aren't, um, appropriate ;) for me to use and others are just, well, (IMHO) too dumb to use. But I can always find a nugget to extract into something good to use!

Last edited:

1. How do I find out about other demos in my area?

To find out about other demos in your area, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or check the "Events" section on the Pampered Chef website. You can also join local Facebook groups or follow Pampered Chef on social media for updates on upcoming demos.

2. Can I attend demos hosted by other consultants?

Yes, you are welcome to attend demos hosted by other consultants. It's a great way to learn new recipes and techniques and meet other Pampered Chef enthusiasts.

3. Are there any fees associated with attending other demos?

No, there are no fees for attending other demos. However, some consultants may offer additional products for sale at their demos for an additional cost.

4. Can I bring a friend or family member to a demo hosted by another consultant?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member to a demo hosted by another consultant. Just make sure to let the consultant know in advance so they can plan accordingly.

5. What should I bring to a demo hosted by another consultant?

You do not need to bring anything to a demo hosted by another consultant. However, if you have any Pampered Chef products that you would like to use during the demo, you are welcome to bring them along. Also, be sure to bring a pen and paper to take notes and any questions you may have for the consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • Mindy50135
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • General Chat
Replies