1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Do you get commission on the hostess specials?

1. SilverCeladon

SilverCeladon Advanced Member

Just curious!

Feb 14, 2007
  2. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

No, no commission on the Host Special, or the 50% off items and no commission on any Host Item that the Past Host buys, either!
    You do get commission on anything above and beyond, though -- even though the host gets the extra % off!

Feb 14, 2007
  3. jrstephens

jrstephens Legend Member

Nope. I wish we at least did on half price items - especially when we sale the cookware!

But we gots lots of other benefits, so, I am not complaining!

Feb 14, 2007
  4. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

Doesn't the past host special count towards guest sales, though?

Feb 14, 2007
  5. cat

cat Veteran Member Gold Member

Yes, it does!

Feb 14, 2007
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

That's why there's a difference between the "Guest Sales" total and the "Commissionable Sales" total.

Feb 14, 2007
    Kat B and chefjeanine like this.
  7. So to clarify since this is new to me. If I am trying to reach my $1250 in my first 30 days, anything that the host buys or the past host buys, will or will not count toward that.

Nov 14, 2016
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

To reach your $1250 don't count the past host special (the one item they get at half price), but you can count anything else the past host buys.

From the host's order only count the amount after the discount--not the half-price nor the Host Special.

The easiest thing to do is look at each show and add up the commissionable sales. You can also go to Consultant Connection on Consultants Corner and see where you are there. Just be aware that it usually takes 24 hours for any new purchases to show up there.

Nov 15, 2016
Have something to add?