• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Eating at Shows: Post-Demo Dining Habits Revealed

In either case, if I cannot make it 4 hours without a snack - I'm hurting! LOL I would hate for a guest or potential guest/host/recruit to approach me with a big mouth of Chicken Lasagna in it!
Triciascucina
Just wondering if you eat at the show after the demo is done.

Generally speaking, I don't. I'm usually too busy working/talking to people. I do grab something to drink, though.

It depends on how many guest and what is around. I usually don't eat, too busy like Rae said. I usually bring water with me because I am usually thirsty more than hungry.

It really depends. Somtimes the guests are having such a good time talking with each other that it slows down enough to grab something. There are times when checkout takes a while because there is a lag between people. Great time to eat and drink!

I only eat if the host offers me something. I usually bring a bottle of water with me, or ask the host if I could have a cup of water if I forget. Most times hosts don't offer me the food. I feel funny serving myself up some when they bought the ingredients and it was intended for their guests. If it's a new recipe though, and everyone has had some, I might ask the host if she wouldn't mind I take a little sample to see how it turned out.If it's a friend's show, and I didn't have time to eat, I would probably ask if it would be okay for me to grab a little bite of it.

I can count on one hand the times I've eaten at shows - and those were all exceptions because it was friends and families.

I always take a drink if it's offered, but mostly when I'm asked I request a glass of water.

I always eat with my family before I head out for shows, and I don't want to eat again at my shows. Plus, I am talking/cleaning up/answering questions/helping with orders/packing up and don't really have time to eat.

ChefBeckyD said:
I can count on one hand the times I've eaten at shows - and those were all exceptions because it was friends and families.

I always take a drink if it's offered, but mostly when I'm asked I request a glass of water.

I always eat with my family before I head out for shows, and I don't want to eat again at my shows. Plus, I am talking/cleaning up/answering questions/helping with orders/packing up and don't really have time to eat.

I agree with everything Becky just said. Also, I don't eat at work. I look at this as a buisness and not just a hobby. So, I try to be as professional (while still being fun of course) as possible. I also Never, never, never eat at booths or fairs. In either case, if I cannot make it 4 hours without a snack - I'm hurting! LOL I would hate for a guest or potential guest/host/recruit to approach me with a big mouth of Chicken Lasagna in it!

A beverage - that is ok. We talk a lot! Just my opinion, though! :)

no, I do the ticket game while everyone is eating so no time... would rather be recruiting!

I don't eat either. And I usually bring a bottle of water. If the host offers me something I say no and joke that I would weigh 500 pounds if I ate at every show. If they actually bring me a plate I may nibble but don't eat it.Now if it is for family I will eat after everybody is gone!

I have a show next weekend, its a couples show, and we are doing a sit down dinner. I'm bringing my BF with me, and we are going to be eating too. Normally I don't take more than a couple bites, just to see how it turned out.

I think my biggest thing with this show coming up, is that, the couple is the type to get offended if you don't drink at their functions. They know I will drink, but I'm not sure that I can have a drink and still be able to concentrate LOL! I'm trying to figure out how to nicely refuse, atleast until after the presentation is over.

ChefBeckyD said:

^^^I do this.

I have when the host was one of my close friends. But normally I do not eat at the shows. I'll grab a bite at the house before I go so I won't be hungry. Then I can concentrate on answering questions, checkout, etc.

I'm like everyone else on this one, I typically don't eat. I have only eaten at a couple shows and they were for my sister and my best friend. I have had hosts bring me food and I'll nibble, but I don't eat a full plate.

I don't eat at my shows. But I always have something to drink.

I as well do not eat at shows.

candiejayne said:
I think my biggest thing with this show coming up, is that, the couple is the type to get offended if you don't drink at their functions. They know I will drink, but I'm not sure that I can have a drink and still be able to concentrate LOL! I'm trying to figure out how to nicely refuse, atleast until after the presentation is over.

I would very lightly chuckle "I can't drink on the job!"

I don't eat either, even though 90% of my shows are people I know. Last thing I want is to smile at someone and have food stuck in my teeth!

OMGoodness.. I have never unless it was at my sister's and almost everyone is gone.... I have had and been to MANY other parties and the "consultant" ALWAYS helps themselves which I find weird and kinda rude (especially when I don't offer)Maybe I'm rude for not offering but I dont think it's "professional"... We are cooking for them and their friends. If you want to try something then you should make it at home before you go.

Thanks for all the responses, I have only eaten at a friends show once and felt funny. yesterday my host made so much other food then the recipe I made and offered me a plate. I politely said no thank you. I do feel funny when they ask me to eat too.

I think it depends on the relationship you have with your hosts and guests. I'd say I eat at about a quarter to a third of my shows, but these are ones where the camaraderie is genuine, the host and guests insist, and the whole 'judging of the consultant' thing is absent (I try to avoid those circles). [Of course, my eating usually consists of a few bites inbetween taking orders!]

At yesterday's show I ate, because only one guest showed up, and it was obvious she was enjoying herself and not planning to leave soon, so it was sit down and try the Fresh Pineapple Salsa and visit, or make everyone feel I was rushing them by cleaning up, then sitting in another room at my computer looking bored. The right decision was made, because another guest arrived while I was doing the clean-up. How would it have looked if everything had been packed up and I was ready to go? She would have figured she was too late, and not bothered placing an order.

I guess the first guest wasn't too offended by me eating with them - she booked a show for June! However, after all that is said, I, too, normally don't eat at shows. It usually doesn't even occur to me during the show, because I'm so busy.

legacypc46 said:
I think it depends on the relationship you have with your hosts and guests. I'd say I eat at about a quarter to a third of my shows, but these are ones where the camaraderie is genuine, the host and guests insist, and the whole 'judging of the consultant' thing is absent (I try to avoid those circles). [Of course, my eating usually consists of a few bites inbetween taking orders!]

SImilar to what Leggy said.

I do have to add that one of the girls on my team told me that she thought it was good that I sat down like a regular person and ate with them. (Not exact quote, but I digress)
She had made this AWESOME looking trifle (she waqs the host) and I gushed over it when we first started, so when she dug into it of course I said yes!

It really does depend on the crowd. I think my gals point was that I didn't seem disconnected from the party.
HTH

She had made this AWESOME looking trifle (she waqs the host) and I gushed over it when we first started, so when she dug into it of course I said yes!
She what the host?

I don't ever eat at my shows either. I like to make sure I am available to all the guests and would feel really strange if someone asked me a question and I had a big mouth full of food. I feel more professional not eating and I enjoy watching everyone else enjoy the recipe.

I will sometimes just taste what I cooked after everyone tried it. As far as a glass of wine, if offered I will have a glass. It helps me relax:) Most of the hostess and even the guests will say come on your at a party. So heck why not.

I always thought I wouldn't eat, but then I met a very persistent host. I served up a few bites on a plate (mostly to appease her).

I'm diabetic, so I'm pretty careful about what I eat and when. This helps me out when a host gets really persistent.

OMG, I feel like a hog. I can't believe no one else eats. I never thought of NOT tasting what I've made. Sometimes I don't eat anything if I'm really busy, but I usually eat something while waiting for people to come in with their orders, or if I am at the counter chatting about the recipes.

I usually seem to serve the guests what I've created for them and never have given it a thought about being rude if I don't dish up a bit for myself. Now you have all made me think.

Am I the only one here that does this??

raebates said:
She what the host?

ahem....that WAS supposed to say was.:D

Gotcha. Generally I can figure those little typos out. If I had to make a guess, it would have been "was," but there were just too many possibilities with this one.

I generally don't eat at my shows. I would feel weird, but that's just me. I have eaten at shows where I know everyone there and I'm done checking everyone out, cleaning, etc. But that's only if they tell me to stick around to hang out for awhile. My very first show was for my sister and her friends and they refused to let me check them out or do any dishes until I sat down, ate, and talked for a bit...none of them was in any hurry to get home. LOL

raebates said:
Gotcha. Generally I can figure those little typos out. If I had to make a guess, it would have been "was," but there were just too many possibilities with this one.

I stumped ya, hooray for me!!!! :D:love:

1. What are the most common post-demo dining habits at shows?

The most common post-demo dining habits at shows include eating at the show after the demo is done, grabbing food from nearby food trucks or vendors, or going to a nearby restaurant.

2. Is it common for scientists to eat at the show after the demo is done?

Yes, it is common for scientists to eat at the show after the demo is done. This allows them to network and discuss their research with colleagues while also grabbing a quick bite to eat.

3. Are there any healthier dining options available at shows?

Yes, many shows offer healthier dining options such as salads, fruit cups, and grilled protein options. These options are becoming more popular as people become more health-conscious.

4. Do scientists typically have time to eat during shows?

It depends on their schedule and the length of the show. Some scientists may have a break between demos or presentations, while others may have back-to-back events and may not have time to eat until after the show is over.

5. Are there any dietary restrictions or accommodations for scientists at shows?

Most shows will have a variety of food options available to accommodate different dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free options. If you have specific dietary needs, it is best to check with the show organizers beforehand to ensure there will be suitable options available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • gailz2