• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Successful Newsletter: Tips, Ideas, and Subscription Options

but I keep sending them out, because I think it's really nice to be kept in the loop on all things TPC. :)
DandelionBouquet
I'm just wondering if anyone does a newsletter on a regular basis...?? Even if you don't, do you have an opinion/some ideas on the following questions?

Do you think that they are useful??

What kinds of things do you/would you include?

Do you (or ever thought about) doing a newsletter that people would have to subscribe to?? What kind of fee would you charge?

Who gets your newsletters...past hosts, past guests, mail them out randomly??

Any other helpful tips or hints???? :)

Thanks!!!!

newsletterYes, I do a newsletter. Send it out by email sometime the first week of the month. This is my 7th month and I started doing it for my 5th. I include the recognition of my number 1 host (highest show total) and honourable mention for my number 2 - acknowledging their hard work and how much they got for free. I had one lady email me and book a show from that. I also include guest special, host special, reminder of mothers or fathers day coming up...with a few great gift ideas and conclude with a recipe of the month.

Like I said I've had one booking, about 1/2 a dozen orders and a couple of people asking for more recipes. Not bad for 3 newsletters so far. I make sure to Blind Carbon Copy them so no email addresses are shared.

These go out to past hosts and past customers who have shared their email with me on their OOF or on their door prize slip. I tell them at the show that if they include their email I will send out one newsletter a month...no junk, jokes etc...just my email.

I also make sure to include something about 'don't have to be at a show to place an order' and a line at the bottom telling them how to unsubscribe if they so choose. Noone has done so yet.

In the future, I may also offer booking incentives exclusively from me if necessary or a White Sale in the winter etc.

Hope that helps!

Jodi

newsletter questions answeredI have done a newsletter since I joined TPC almost 2 years ago. I started out small and have gradually built. I started out by mailing just a few once per month. I still only mail about 8 via snail mail but email over 200. The one I email I do twice per month.

I have not gotten a huge response from my newsletters but I feel like I am keeping my name in front of people. It gets frustrating sometimes when I got no response but they are seeing my name regularlly so it is worth it to me.

I doubt with my customer base that a newsletter that they would have to subscribe to would not work. It may work with your customers though.

I send a newsletter out to whomever I have an email address for. Even if it is a customer that placed an outside order who I have never met. If they supplied their email address, they get a newsletter. I have a place on my OOF that requests email address that lets them know they will be receiving monthly news and recipes. The ones that I mail are a select few...exceptional past hosts that do not have an email address, customers that order often that do not have an email address. The mailed newsletter is basically just announcing monthly specials and is only mailed once per month. Sometimes I add a recipe if there is enough room to keep the entire newsletter to one page.

I have been using http://www.constantcontact.com for the past month and really like it. You get 60 days free trial for 100 email addresses. The first newsletter I did using it was a little overwhelming but I have sent 2 newsletter campaigns and 2 promotional campaigns and it is definetely getting easier. After months of sending out a newsletter without knowing who was really getting it and/or who was reading it now with Constant Contact I know because it shows you email bounces, who opts-out from further mailings, who opens and what links thay click on.

If you are interested in seeing my newsletter let me know and I will email it to you.

Sorry I got so windy. HTH.

I'm in SS1, and I started an email newsletter from the beginning, and I'm getting ready to make and send my June one, too. I started by emailing EVERYONE in my address book, and asking if they would mind getting a newsletter, and I got all responses back saying they would love one, and NO no's. The response from the first newsletter was ok, no bookings or orders, but it was just my first one, and a lot of the people I sent it to were already having a show for me or attending a show, so I don't call it a failure!
I include the host and guest specials, I do a featured recipe for the month, talk about the campaigns on right now (ie: May was HWC), MY goals for the month, a blurb on the front page about what I've been up to the last month, and a featured product that I highlight, give examples of 'other' uses for it, and I'm thinking of making that item 10% off or something like that sometime in the future when I get the business under my belt a little bit.
I also put in there the opportunity, how this could fit for them, because you can never share that TOO much!
I let people know at the shows that by putting their email on the drawing slips, they will get my monthly newsletter (and no junk ;) ), and some put it on there, some don't. Their choice!
It's a great way for me to keep in contact with my out of town friends (and there are a TON of those...I just moved from Ohio to Kentucky) and I let the Ohio folks know that I make a trip the first weekend of the month to do Ohio shows only...that way they know when to plan or see when THEY could do a show.
I use Microsoft Publisher to make my newsletter (using a template, of course!!) and I'm Word has several that you could use, also.
Hope that helps!

Here's my May newsletter in Publisher AND pdf! (Thanks Greg!!!) Enjoy!

Attachments

• May05.pdf
    194.7 KB · Views: 702
  • May05.pub
    230 KB · Views: 488
I'm ImpressedHi Erin,

I just viewed the sample of your newsletter and I am so impressed. I am also just starting out and this website has been awesome. The inspiration and the exchange of ideas has been wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your newsletter with us. Darla

WOW Erin!! What an impressive newsletter! Very nice!!

Erin,
The color and info alone is what impressed me!!! I am not friendly with a computer! I will have to get more creative sometime with mine.

As for doing a newsletter, I do a simple one for whoever gives me their email address and give the opportunity to cancel it at anytime. Some times I do specials for my e-mail customers only! I do not mail one out...may have to start mailing one too!

Lori

Erin:

What a great newsletter! I've seen many and I think yours is one of the best: very professional and not overloaded with information.

My cluster takes turns at writing the newsletter, using a pretty standard format each month. I also use Constant Contact to keep track of my email list, as I almost lost everything last fall in a computer crash. This gives me a little peace of mind.

Thanks for sharing your work!

Mary H.
FD - PA

A newsletter sounds like a great idea. I'd love to see an example of anyone's newsletter if you're willing to share.

[email protected]

Thanks for all of the great ideas!

sOhSherri said:
I have done a newsletter since I joined TPC almost 2 years ago. I started out small and have gradually built. I started out by mailing just a few once per month. I still only mail about 8 via snail mail but email over 200. The one I email I do twice per month.

I have not gotten a huge response from my newsletters but I feel like I am keeping my name in front of people. It gets frustrating sometimes when I got no response but they are seeing my name regularlly so it is worth it to me.

I doubt with my customer base that a newsletter that they would have to subscribe to would not work. It may work with your customers though.

I send a newsletter out to whomever I have an email address for. Even if it is a customer that placed an outside order who I have never met. If they supplied their email address, they get a newsletter. I have a place on my OOF that requests email address that lets them know they will be receiving monthly news and recipes. The ones that I mail are a select few...exceptional past hosts that do not have an email address, customers that order often that do not have an email address. The mailed newsletter is basically just announcing monthly specials and is only mailed once per month. Sometimes I add a recipe if there is enough room to keep the entire newsletter to one page.

I have been using http://www.constantcontact.com for the past month and really like it. You get 60 days free trial for 100 email addresses. The first newsletter I did using it was a little overwhelming but I have sent 2 newsletter campaigns and 2 promotional campaigns and it is definetely getting easier. After months of sending out a newsletter without knowing who was really getting it and/or who was reading it now with Constant Contact I know because it shows you email bounces, who opts-out from further mailings, who opens and what links thay click on.

If you are interested in seeing my newsletter let me know and I will email it to you.

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a great newsletter!

PamperYourKitchen said:

NewslettersI started my business in September of 2004 and have sent a emailed newsletter out every month. At first I was writing everything out (or having Hubby do it as he's more computer savvy than I and did cool stuff with it). However, I now basically do most of the updating on my personal website and highlight the really important things in the text of the message and refer everyone to the website.

Here's why I think that's a good thing:

1. Less to read

2. I "choose" what they read in the email, therefore I know that I'm getting the important things to them before they go to the website

3. I utilize the "My Calendar" section on the website. Guests and prospective hosts can see the shows I'm doing and the dates I have available. They know I'm active and busy, and that I still have some time for them to do a show. :)

NewsletterJust saw your thread..I would really like to see your newletter..would you forward a copy to me at
[email protected]

Thanks..I am just starting and need alot of help!!!!

sOhSherri said:
I have done a newsletter since I joined TPC almost 2 years ago. I started out small and have gradually built. I started out by mailing just a few once per month. I still only mail about 8 via snail mail but email over 200. The one I email I do twice per month.

I have been sending out a newsletter by email for the past few months. As a matter of fact, I sent my June one out 2 days ago and within minutes received a reply from one of the recipients wanting to do a June show (can you still see the grin on my face?) I do frequently get individual orders from these newsletters and the occasional booking from them. I usually include the guest and host specials for that month, any new products coming out, remind them of the benefits of hosting a show, etc. Occasionally, I include a recipe. I, too, send it out to everyone who has given me their email address and has ordered something in the past. I give them the option of replying to me if they would like to be removed from the list. I had thought of removing people who hadn't ordered in a year of so but I'm glad I didn't...because I wouldn't have received this last booking!!

Nancy

Nancy,

I tried e-mailing you but could not. Could you e-mail me a copy of the e-mail you sent out? I would love to see what you use.

Thanks!

May Newsletter
PamperYourKitchen said:
Could you e-mail me your newsletter? If you don't mind. I was unable to open it. Thank you in advance! [email protected]

Just sent it!

To FastCookingWould you be willing to share the newsletter you sent out where you received an immediate response? I would love to see what you sent.

Thanks!

Finally...June's Newsletter!Here's my June newsletter...finally! I sure hope there aren't any severe typos...didn't have time to check it at all!! FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!! I'd love to know how I could improve! This was sent out, host and guest special flyers attached.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• June05.pdf
    244.2 KB · Views: 539
  • June05.pub
    193.5 KB · Views: 389
Erin,

It looks great! Very colorful and full of information without being overbearing.

Good job!

Erin,
That looks awesome! I just started playing with publisher and wondered how you save it into adobe format? I just uploaded my July newsletter (that's still under construction!) under publisher but also know that not everyone will be able to open it. Could you please help? ;)
Thanks!

Well for that, you need Acrobat, and I believe that's pretty pricy. I convert it at work, so I haven't had to purchase that one. Makes it great to send!!

If you do happen to have it, if you would go through like you're going to print it, when you have the choice to pick a printer (and number of copies, etc), picking the adobe option will convert it, but again, only if you have adobe (not the free version)

1. Can I sign up for your newsletter?

Yes, you can sign up for our newsletter by visiting our website and entering your email address in the designated sign-up form. You can also subscribe by attending one of our cooking shows or by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant.

2. How often do you send out your newsletter?

Our newsletter is sent out once a month, typically at the beginning of each month. However, there may be special editions sent out throughout the year for holiday promotions or new product releases.

3. Is your newsletter only for customers or can anyone subscribe?

Our newsletter is available to anyone who is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef and our products. You do not need to be a customer to subscribe.

4. What type of content can I expect to see in your newsletter?

Our newsletter includes a variety of content, such as new product releases, recipes, cooking tips and tricks, promotions and discounts, and updates on upcoming cooking shows and events. We also feature customer testimonials and showcase our top-performing consultants.

5. Can I unsubscribe from your newsletter at any time?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any newsletter email. You can also contact our customer service team to be removed from our newsletter list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • kam