• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Do a Catalog Walk Thru?....

In summary, Raebates does a walk through the catalog show where she talks to guests about the products and gives them a warranty key and order form. She also points out the "Round Up" page and reminds guests that she will be asking if they would like to round up their order.
MHPampered
Hey,
The shows I have observed my director do she does a catalog walk thru where she goes through each page about and points out the poplular items and gives some info...I have been doing this but it seems they get off track and bored after a while...

Need some suggestions. What do you do at your shows?

I tried the catalog walk through once, did not like the way it went and dropped it. Like you said it tends to get me off track (time eater) and I noticed the guest were not that interested in me reading them the catalog.
At my shows I do not give catalogs out at the beginning. After the product demos is when they get a catalog. I have had better success doing this because the guest are more focused on the demo and what I am saying about the products and not looking through the catalog the entire show. When they get the catalog I say, "If you have any questions feel free to ask out loud because someone else may have the same question."
I also point out the page with the "Round Up" information and let them know that I will be asking if they would like to round up their order.

I don't - it's just not my style for my shows.

But I know that Rae(Bates) does this type of show successfully. There is a thread on here where she goes into great detail about how she does it. It works well for her, so if it's something you are interested in doing, you should check out that thread and read her notes!

I just point out the warranty key on the inside cover and the starter kit on the back. I also go over the order form, reenforcing Round Up and their interest level on the side.

Here's the thread where Rae talks about her show:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/questions-rae-about-your-show-16925/

She does a bit more than just flip pages and talk about the items, and she checks with her host first on whether she'd like a traditional show, or a catalog-walk-through show. I haven't tried it myself, I'm not sure if I could pull it off.

I did it at 2 shows and didn't like the way it flowed. I also thought it was kinda boring and people lost focus...quickly. I didn't read Rae's notes first though, so she might share some awesome tips that make it more user friendly.

Chef Kearns said:
I did it at 2 shows and didn't like the way it flowed. I also thought it was kinda boring and people lost focus...quickly. I didn't read Rae's notes first though, so she might share some awesome tips that make it more user friendly.

I had the same experience. I got tired of listening to myself....:D
I think alot of it has to do with personality. Rae can pull it off - I can't. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Becky. I do give my hosts a choice. Most of them choose the walk through the catalog, but some choose a more traditional show. When that happens I do interactive unless the crowd is over 15 or so. For me the key to the walk through the catalog is the Have It! Love It! Got a Question! game. It makes the whole show interactive. That way it's not just me talking. It's guests talking to one another.

OK, Raebates, I just took a look at the outline of the Walk Through the Catalog show and I think I have a new show to add. This is awesome...

Thanks, but it's really just my take on someone else's idea. My true genius is repurposing others' ideas for my own use.

Rebates...I really like your outline, but can you give me more info on what you do for and say for your commercials?

For the commercials mentioned in my outline I have two index cards. The first has the question, "What do I get for having a fun night with my friends?" The second has, "Why do you love your job?" At the appropriate time I hand one of the cards to a guest while I ask, "Did you have a question for me?" After they read the question I say, "I'm so glad you asked!" Then, I answer the question. I've actually changed my show a bit, and now for bookings I ask the host why she decided to host a PC party. Late in the show (unless it's going really long like my last show), I do the booking slide. For recruiting I do the 5 Questions game.

raebates said:
For the commercials mentioned in my outline I have two index cards. The first has the question, "What do I get for having a fun night with my friends?" The second has, "Why do you love your job?" At the appropriate time I hand one of the cards to a guest while I ask, "Did you have a question for me?"

After they read the question I say, "I'm so glad you asked!" Then, I answer the question.

I've actually changed my show a bit, and now for bookings I ask the host why she decided to host a PC party. Late in the show (unless it's going really long like my last show), I do the booking slide. For recruiting I do the 5 Questions game.

5 question game? I have not heard of this one, do you know if there is a thread on this???

I don't know if there's a thread explaining it. I just ask everyone to turn over their blank 1/2 sheet of blank paper. Then I explain the rules.

I want you to listen carefully. This is a race, so don't start until I tell you to. I want you to write down 5 questions about the Pampered Chef business. Your questions can be about my personal business or about The Pampered Chef business in general. Questions about products are not allowed. Everyone understand? Okay. Once you have 5 questions written down yell out, "I'm done!" The first person to shout out will be our winner and will get a prize. Everyone ready? Go!
I answer the winner's questions, then hand her my gift basket to choose a prize. As she (or he) is choosing I ask if anyone has a question that didn't get answered.

I don't know if there's a thread explaining it. I just ask everyone to turn over their blank 1/2 sheet of blank paper. Then I explain the rules.

I want you to listen carefully. This is a race, so don't start until I tell you to. I want you to write down 5 questions about the Pampered Chef business. Your questions can be about my personal business or about The Pampered Chef business in general. Questions about products are not allowed. Everyone understand? Okay. Once you have 5 questions written down yell out, "I'm done!" The first person to shout out will be our winner and will get a prize. Everyone ready? Go!

I answer the winner's questions, then hand her my gift basket to choose a prize. As she (or he) is choosing I ask if anyone has a question that didn't get answered.

cookinforyou said:
5 question game? I have not heard of this one, do you know if there is a thread on this???

Here is a thread where the Ticket Game, and the 5 Question Game are discussed in length.

I've been doing the 5 Question Game (my own variation) for several months now, and I've had more inquiries, and more signed consultants in the last 6 months then I've had in the previous 5 years!

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f10/who-plays-ticket-game-49894/

The version I use is for bookings. I ask them to write the names of five friends who are not there, and three items they'd love to have if budget is not a concern. This was covered in one of the MP3 recordings from Conference. The full version also asks about recipes, drink choices and what day of the week is least hectic. I don't use those questions because I can only do parties one day of the week currently, and I'm trying to stick to a theme each month.

Once they've written this down, I tell them they've done the hardest part of hosting. They've started their guest list and their wish list (and with the extra questions picked a day and planned the menu).

1. Can I request for a catalog walk thru?

Yes, you can request for a catalog walk thru from your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be happy to guide you through the catalog and answer any questions you may have.

2. How long does a catalog walk thru usually take?

The duration of a catalog walk thru can vary depending on your questions and level of interest. It can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.

3. Do I have to purchase anything during the catalog walk thru?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything during the catalog walk thru. It is simply an opportunity for you to learn more about our products and ask any questions you may have.

4. Can I host a catalog walk thru with my friends?

Yes, you can host a catalog walk thru with your friends and earn host rewards. Your consultant will bring the catalog and products to your home or a virtual party can be arranged.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts during a catalog walk thru?

Yes, your consultant may offer special deals or discounts during the catalog walk thru. Be sure to ask about any current promotions or host rewards that may be available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Angel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PC Angel
  • itsjustCarla
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Flamingo
  • ponvn591