• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Commissionable vs. Guest Sales: Explained

In summary, there is a difference between guest sales and commissionable sales, and past hosts do not receive the current host special (booking benefit). The current host's order of the host special will not count towards commission, and purchasing cookware at 50% off also does not earn commission. However, consultants still receive Pan-o-rama points for these sales, and the promotion can be a good booking tool. While some may not agree with not receiving commission on these items, other companies make consultants pay for host incentives and gifts. It would be beneficial for consultants to receive incentive trip points for selling these high-priced items.
stacieka
onpast host/host sales? I ask because there is a difference in guest sales ($557) and Commisionable sales ($505)

past host sales yes, past host getting the current host special (booking benefit) no.

bummer...i gues that goes for the current host sale as well?

the current host's order of the host special won't count either (the only thing we get paid on from the host order is anything purchased at XX% off), the biggest bummer I have found is that when a host buys the cookware at half off we don't get commission on that either...wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaa, but oh well, our hosts are getting a great deal right?

Last edited:
You may not get commission on the cookware at 50% off, but you still get the Pan-o-rama points! That's a plus, right?

It is a plus right now, but when the pan-o-rama is over it's back to being a bummer.

When we don't have a promotion for something like Pan a Rama I don't push the cookware as a half priced option. If that is what the host wants then that fine but I don't push it. I hated it when I had a host by 2 sets and the roasting pan w/meat lifters and she spent $400 and I didn't make a penny. (Luckly I got Pan-a-Rama points) So once pan a rama is over I will not promote the cookware to my hosts. I think the PC should give us something for if we sell such a high priced half priced item. Some people may not agree with me but if a host doesn't spend that $400 on half priced they might spend it on something that we can make commission on.

I don't have a problem with not getting commission on half-priced items because we don't have to pay anything for host incentives. Other companies make their consultants pay for host incentives and gifts. But, I do have a problem with not getting commission on past hosts "host special" purchases. I am so glad that they give the current host credit for the past host purchase because it helps our hosts. But, that may be all that the person buys. Those items are usually big ticket items and could help our sales a lot.

I would like to see us get Incentive trip points at least for the 1/2 price stuff and host special items. We are selling them the products. When I'm at a hosts house and I see their crappy cookware I want her to get our because it is so much better than what she has. I am still getting that sale for PC. I'm okay not getting a commission, but I would like to see incentive points for it.

Ahh I see now. I am so bummed because my host is not buying her cookware until Oct! Ughhh! Hopefully I will get a few more points so that I can at least get something other than the saute pan which I already have

We DO get incentive points for selling the cookware as a 1/2 priced host item. In fact, we get FULL credit for it. (570 points)

I have sold 3 sets of the 1/2 priced Exec 12 pc Sets to Hosts since Pan-O-Rama started, and that in addition to the 12" family skillets at 1/2 price (still get FULL credit for it!), and the other smaller items, I have 3200+ points and have ordered my FREE 7 pc set that I earned! :)

And after Pan-O-Rama? I will be very happy to have shows for those host's friends who now want to have a show to be able to earn the cookware at 1/2 price, too. What a great booking tool!

Last edited:
We don't get commission for half price items but often the host works a bit harder to get to her next level so she can get what she wants for half off so we DO get that extra commission!

I always point out the great deal she can get on the cookware. The problem for me is that often even though she WANTS to get it even at half price it's beyond a lot of budgets to get the cookware combo.

Shawnna said:
I don't have a problem with not getting commission on half-priced items because we don't have to pay anything for host incentives. Other companies make their consultants pay for host incentives and gifts. But, I do have a problem with not getting commission on past hosts "host special" purchases. I am so glad that they give the current host credit for the past host purchase because it helps our hosts. But, that may be all that the person buys. Those items are usually big ticket items and could help our sales a lot.

Shawna- I agree with the first part of your post. We work with the BEST company and we are not responsible for all of the incredible incentives that our hosts receive. Our commission structure is very generous. I know many of the people who regularly post on this site are rather new with PC, but 3 years ago, when the whole world was making cuts and downsizing and laying off people, Doris gave EVERYONE a sizable raise in the opportunity to make much more based on our sales. I am glad our host gets credit for the host special, when purchased by past hosts, my benefit is that guests are going to CONTINUE to book because of those specials and more importantly HOLD, that is worth far more to me than what the old host program provided and worth FAR MORE to the hosts and past host than what the old program provided. The $10-$14.00 that I could make on the grill set for example is nothing compared to the garauntee of another held booking that may yeild me anywhere from $70 to $150 or more!

We are so fortunate y'all! Enjoy the fabulous company that has given you this incredible opportunity! :)

I agree with thepamperedmom! You are so right.

What is the commission structure at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a tiered commission structure based on your sales and team performance. The more you sell and the larger your team, the higher your commission percentage will be.

How often are commission payments made?

Commission payments are made on a monthly basis. You will receive your commission check in the month following your sales and team performance.

Do we get commission on all products sold?

Yes, you will receive commission on all products sold, including those purchased by customers through your personal website or at parties you host.

Are there any additional bonuses or incentives for high performers?

Yes, at Pampered Chef, we offer additional bonuses and incentives for top performers. This can include cash bonuses, trips, and other rewards.

Is there a minimum sales requirement to receive commission?

Yes, in order to be eligible for commission, you must meet a minimum sales requirement each month. This requirement may vary depending on your level within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • ginamkiely
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • quiverfull7