• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Payment? Resources for Collection as a Consultant

In summary, if you get a call from a hostess about a declined credit card, you can try to keep the show on hold or have the order removed.
bbauman07
Gold Member
Do we have any resources as consultant to use for collection purposes? There was a guest at a show a few months back, her credit card was declined, to keep my commission from being held up I put it in as a commision adjustment (learned my lesson) Well needless to say she has her product and I have no payment:mad:

NopeYou will have to go through the collections process yourself. There should be a local company that will handle the collections for you. Of course, you usually only get 25-50% of the money back after you pay for the collections process...but something is better than nothing!!

Good luck!;)

I have read other people talking about sending a certified letter stating that if they do not receive their money, in cash, by xx date then they will be taken to small claims court. they say that usually the letter does the trick to get the money. Good luck!

I would send the certified letter and give a date I'd file a charge in small claims court. Then follow thru if she doesn't respond. Make sure you give her several options of how she can deliver the money to you (mail, in person by cash or money order). I haven't had this problem yet (I'm in SS3), but that is what I will do if it happens to me and of course, I'll try my best not to get in that position, but it happens sometimes.

Jeanie

$If you do have to take her to court then I think you are entitled to the courts fees as well as recouping the money owed to you for the products.

It just seems like such a waste for $34. But I want and NEED my money. I have tried to tread carefully up to this point because she was a booking lead but now I'm not so sure I would want to do a show for her anyways.

I have not had this happen but what I was told to do was send a certified letter stating that they have to pay xx dollard with in 10 days other wise you would report them to the district attorneys office and be able to recover three times the value of the check
FYI:D

So, I have a question about this. If a credit card is declined...is my show sent through PP?

I've had this happen too. I have made phone calls to the people, of course they never follow thru, but once I send them a self addressed stamped envelope with the amount they owe, that seems to do the trick. Maybe it's the mental stress of having to go to the post office?? I had one lady put me off for 9 months from my phone calls, but once I sent the envelope I had it in a week. Go figure:)

Luckily this doesn't happen too often. and most people make good on it when it does.

good luck,
ange

Personally, I have never sent in a show without ALL payments cleared - I don't know these people - no way am I going to lay out $$ for them. If a credit card is declined, it holds up the show. Sally Hostess doesn't want her show held up so if Gladys Guest doesn't give me a valid CC or another form of payment, I call Sally Hostess and ask her if she wants to cancel Gladys' order (which in turn will lower her guest sales and she'll lose some of her free stuff) or if she wants to cover Gladys' amount & deal with Gladys herself...typically theguest gives a valid CC or the hostess covers it for her.

ange13 said:
I've had this happen too. I have made phone calls to the people, of course they never follow thru, but once I send them a self addressed stamped envelope with the amount they owe, that seems to do the trick. Maybe it's the mental stress of having to go to the post office?? I had one lady put me off for 9 months from my phone calls, but once I sent the envelope I had it in a week. Go figure:)

Luckily this doesn't happen too often. and most people make good on it when it does.

good luck,
ange

I'm going to try this one first. I think next time I get a call from HO about a declined credit card, I will let the show stay on hold till I hear back from them or just have the order removed.

What is the "No Payment? Resources for Collection" program?

The "No Payment? Resources for Collection" program is a service offered by Pampered Chef to help consultants collect payments from customers who have not paid for their orders. It provides resources and support to consultants to encourage timely and successful payment collection.

How does the "No Payment? Resources for Collection" program work?

When a customer does not pay for their order, the consultant can reach out to the Pampered Chef support team for assistance. They will provide resources such as email templates and phone scripts to help the consultant effectively communicate with the customer and collect payment.

Do I have to pay to use the "No Payment? Resources for Collection" program?

No, the "No Payment? Resources for Collection" program is a free service provided by Pampered Chef to all consultants. It is included as part of your consultant benefits and does not require any additional fees or payments.

What if I am having trouble collecting payment from a customer?

If you are having difficulty collecting payment from a customer, you can reach out to the Pampered Chef support team for assistance. They can provide guidance and resources to help you successfully collect payment from the customer.

Can I use the "No Payment? Resources for Collection" program for orders placed through my personal website?

Yes, the "No Payment? Resources for Collection" program can be used for orders placed through your personal website. If a customer does not pay for their order, you can still reach out to the Pampered Chef support team for assistance with collecting payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • DebbieJ