• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do the Merrill Shirts Shrink Much When You Wash Them?

C
chelynn
I just got the two shirts I ordered, and they messed up and sent me one medium and one large instead of two larges. But the medium one actually fits better! So now I'm wondering if I should exchange the medium or the large. Do they shrink? :)

I ordered a med. without trying it on and once I got it I tried it and found it was larger on me than normal mediums I wear. So I washed it and it shrunk to more my size. Hope that helps.

I have the 1X, and I am not a size 14 (I wish I was though!), like the size chart says... I have washed mine multiple times and I hang it to dry, and it hasn't shrinked at all...

I don't put any of mine in the dryer so they have not shrunk. I think that the Merrill sizing is more true and consistent than VIP though.

I agree - I have 4 different clothing items (2 t-shirts, 1 button shirt, 1 sweater) and they all seem to be washing well w/o shrinking.

The Polo Shirt Shrinks Each Time Its Washed!!

So, what size does a medium really fit? I was considering ordering and thinking of ordering a large but now I am wondering if I should order a medium if I decide to order.

Well I'm a size 8-10 depending on brand and I have the medium 3/4 black sparkly top. But I didn't mention I put mine in the dryer hoping to shrink it and that helped! NOw it fits perfect!

I'm pretty much and 8-10 too. I bought the scoop neck shirt in a Medium and the 3/4 sleeve button down in a Large. The L is a little bit big, but it fits good in the shoulders. The only real problem I have is that I'm short and they don't have petites so the shirts are a little too long for me. I can't sew a STRAIGHT line so I'm going to have to have them hemmed so they fit better.

Teresa Lynn said:
The Polo Shirt Shrinks Each Time Its Washed!!

If it starts getting too small, stretch it back out like a sweater and don't put it in the dryer. I do this for my husbands polo shirts and it works just fine.

Isn't it funny that when we try to shrink a shirt it won't work but when we don't want to shrink it, then it happens!:yuck: :grumpy: I have been trying to shrink one of my husbands polo shirts from work that he ordered and when it came in, it was too large and he's been asking me to shrink it and I keep putting it in hot water and a hot dryer and it still is too big for him! But, had he not needed it shrunk and it was his favorite, it probably would be to small by now!:rolleyes: :grumpy: Go figure!:rolleyes: :D

I am normally an 8-10, so, if I order I will get the medium. I use to wear my shirts bigger but have gotten use to them actually fitting now!

It IS something how we can never shrink what we WANT to shrink!! HA!

1. Do the Merrill shirts shrink when washed?

It is possible for the Merrill shirts to shrink when washed, especially if they are made from natural fibers such as cotton. However, this can vary depending on the specific fabric blend and washing instructions.

2. Should I exchange the medium or large size for a better fit?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and how the shirt fits after washing. If the medium fits better now, it may be best to keep it. However, if you are concerned about potential shrinkage, exchanging for a larger size may be a safer option.

3. Do the shirts shrink significantly or just a little bit?

This can also vary depending on the fabric blend and washing instructions. It is best to follow the care instructions on the shirt's label and possibly air dry to minimize shrinkage.

4. Will washing the shirts in cold water prevent shrinkage?

Cold water can help minimize shrinkage, but it is not a guarantee. It is best to follow the care instructions and possibly air dry to prevent any potential shrinkage.

5. Is it possible to return the shirts if they shrink too much?

This would depend on the return policy of the retailer where you purchased the shirts. It is recommended to check their policy or contact customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • redsoxgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • Intrepid_Chef