• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Old, Half-Used Sauces?

In summary, the person has a collection of opened sauces in their fridge that they have used for sampling at shows. They have been open for at least 6 months and the person is unsure if they have expired. They plan on contacting the HO for more information. Some of the bottles say to use within 30 days, while others do not have a date on them. The person is not actively selling and will not be using the sauces at a show anytime soon. They checked with the Test Kitchen and found out that savory sauces should be used within 30 days and dessert sauces within 3 months.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
I have a bunch of opened, half used sauces in my fridge. I'm a pretty picky eater and don't really care for most of them but have used them for sampling at shows (just because I don't like it doesn't mean others won't!). They've all been open for AT LEAST 6 months (I haven't held a show in at least that long). I tried looking on the bottles for any sort of date but couldn't find one. Does anyone know or should I contact the HO?

I've used them for me and my family with out any GI issues. ;) I don't think I'd use them at a show when they are that old, though.

Well, I'm currently not actively selling (technically I've hung up my apron though I'm still remaining active in case I ever want to step back into it) so I won't be using them at a show any time soon. Do they ever expire though? I can't imagine they don't...and honestly, they've probably been open for WAY longer than 6 months (probably since they came out as new products since they're all my original sample product bottles I would order at the beginning of a new season).

I'd e-mail the test kitchens and ask them just to be sure. :)

I just checked 3 of the bottles in my fridge (Blackberry, Apricot, and Raspberry) - they all say use within 30 days. HAHAH. yeah right! I've had mine open longer and they are fine, but I don't use them for shows. I don't think the older bottles had the info on the label...may just be the newer stock because they never used to have dates on them.They are just too expensive to use that fast! ;) Although after having my father-in-law here, he used almost half a bottle of blackberry in one sitting...I about stroked. LOL

What about the others? The Thai Peanut, Pineapple, etc. sauces? Those are the ones I have.

I'm pretty sure all of the sauces say that. Though, it's more likely a "best if used by" situation. As long as it looks and smells okay, I think you'll be fine using it for your family.

Got a response back from the Test Kitchen. Savory sauces - use within 30 days of opening (I've had mine for 6 months to 1 1/2 years so I'm not gonna take any chances...) and the dessert sauces - within 3 months of opening.

Thanks for posting their reply.

1. What is the best way to store leftover sauces?

The best way to store leftover sauces is to transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate them. This will help to preserve their freshness and prevent them from spoiling.

2. How long can I keep half-used sauces in the fridge?

It is recommended to use half-used sauces within 3-4 days of opening and storing them in the fridge. After this time, they may start to lose their flavor and quality.

3. Can I freeze half-used sauces for later use?

Yes, you can freeze half-used sauces in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Make sure to label the container with the date and type of sauce for easy identification.

4. How can I incorporate half-used sauces into other dishes?

Half-used sauces can be used as a marinade for meats, added to soups or stews for extra flavor, or used as a dipping sauce for vegetables or bread. Get creative and experiment with different recipes!

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using old sauces?

If the sauce has been stored properly and does not show any signs of spoilage (mold, strange odor, etc.), it should be safe to use. However, if there are any doubts, it is best to discard the sauce to avoid any potential foodborne illnesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • katethegreat
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • jnsr96