• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Join us for a movie night and Mary Kay color party - $500 grand prize!

Also, it might help to remind her gently that mk consultants are taught a very hands off policy in regards to other consultants customers. So based on the company motto she can look, but the consultant isn't really allowed to work with her. The only time you get to take other peoples customers is when you're...
NooraK
Gold Member
I've started hosting a monthly movie night on the nights that DH has his poker night. I got tired of thinking "I should have invited someone over" after the kids went to bed, so I started doing just that.

The next one is on Saturday, and in addition to the regular movie night, my Mary Kay consultant will be coming over to do a color party. They've got a promotion going on where she takes before and after pictures and submits them into a contest, and the grand prize is a $500 Visa gift card. And of course, I get free stuff. :)

I finally got around to putting the event on FB (though I've been inviting friends as I see them), and one of my coworkers responded that she would attend. She used to be a MK consultant, and still buys from one of the gals that used to be on her team. She happens to be so loyal to any of her DS consultants that she just plain won't buy from another one.

Knowing she won't buy anything from a consultant other than her own, I reminded her that the color party started at 5 and the movie night started at 7. She responded by saying it would be nice to come and see the new colors and products, even though she won't be able to buy anything from my consultant.

My consultant has asked me to limit the number of attendees for the color party to 6, since she'll be matching colors and such, so it'll take longer the more people are there. This means, if this one person comes, that's one less chair occupied by someone who might buy something, thus affecting my host rewards. I don't want to seem too selfish, but the reason I'm hosting the party is because I want the product but can't afford to pay full price.

Do I say something? Or do I suck it up and hope for outside orders?

I would tell her that she is welcome to come watch but since time will be limited she may not get to participate. Hopefully she will understand that the consultant does it to make money and you want to get stuff. She should understand especially if there are six or so others there.

Thanks, Beth. I'm sure she'll understand, considering she's been a consultant herself, and she knows how all this works. I just wasn't sure if it was appropriate to say anything.

BethCooks4U said:
I would tell her that she is welcome to come watch but since time will be limited she may not get to participate. Hopefully she will understand that the consultant does it to make money and you want to get stuff. She should understand especially if there are six or so others there.

I wouldn't simply count on "hopefully she will understand". I would be upfront and remind her that this gal is in it for the money and since she's loyal (good quality) to her own consultant, you're going to allow another friend be the 6th attendee.

pchockeymom said:
I wouldn't simply count on "hopefully she will understand". I would be upfront and remind her that this gal is in it for the money and since she's loyal (good quality) to her own consultant, you're going to allow another friend be the 6th attendee.

Oh, I wouldn't just "hope" either. My use of that word was meant as when she was told she could watch vs participate that she wouldn't take it as a slight but would understand what it means to the host and the MK consultant.

I saw what you meant Beth. Noorka you need to make sure this lady knows what you are trying to achieve and how you will have to do this. I found it is better to say something in a very straight forward way rather than assuming everyone is on the same page. You can actually hurt some one more, including yourself, by "beating" around the bush rather than being totally up front with them.

I would hope she'd understand as well since at least when I tried mk about 9 years ago you had to purchase not only all the samples, but you also had to create your host program so it all came out of your pocket. Things have changed since then, but the consultant still has to put out a good deal of her own money to have the stock to make the instant sales necessary in makeup sales. Also, it might help to remind her gently that mk consultants are taught a very hands off policy in regards to other consultants customers. So based on the company motto she can look, but the consultant isn't really allowed to work with her. The only time you get to take other peoples customers is when you're a new consultant and those customers are your family members!

BethCooks4U said:
Oh, I wouldn't just "hope" either. My use of that word was meant as when she was told she could watch vs participate that she wouldn't take it as a slight but would understand what it means to the host and the MK consultant.

Ahhh. So basically I said what you said, I just didn't get what you said :blushing:

What is a movie night and Mary Kay color party?

A movie night and Mary Kay color party is a fun and interactive event where guests can watch a movie together and also learn about Mary Kay products and try out different makeup looks.

How do I join a movie night and Mary Kay color party?

You can join a movie night and Mary Kay color party by purchasing a ticket or RSVPing to the event. You can also host your own party and invite your friends to join.

What is the $500 grand prize?

The $500 grand prize is a reward for the host of the party who sells the most Mary Kay products during the event. It is a great incentive to get your friends excited about trying out the products and potentially winning a prize.

Do I have to purchase anything at the party?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at the party. However, if you do decide to purchase Mary Kay products, you will have the opportunity to try them out and receive personalized recommendations from a Mary Kay consultant.

Can I bring a friend to the movie night and Mary Kay color party?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend to the party. The more the merrier! Just make sure to RSVP for them as well so we can make sure to have enough supplies and refreshments for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies