• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Really Need a Grill Press if I Already Have a Grill Pan?

In summary, the grill pan can be used without the grill press, but the press is great for paninis and other things. The Deep Covered Baker is a great investment for your business, and can be demoed to increase sales.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm getting the grill pan, do I really need the grill press?

What does need have to do with a PC product? I'm not sure I understand the question. :confused:

Seriously, you can easily use the Grill Pan without the press. However, I love the press for paninis and other things.

If you don't want the grill press, you can alway pull a Rachel Ray & wrap a brick in aluminum foil and use that. LoL!

Thanks for the wake up call Rae!

We would mostly be using it to grill meat indoors - chicken, fish, etc.

I'm putting in my own catalog show - I have my two 60% off pieces. I know I want the grill pan, cannot pass it up for $46. I'm between the grill press and the DCB. I know everyone will say the DCB but it's hard to get my DH used to thinking of food in the microwave and storage is a bit of an issue.

Ok new to the site, WHAT is DCB?????

I would go for the press, I got the Grill Pan and Press as a 1/2 price item that a Hostess didn't want. WOW it is great!!!! London Broil, Pork Chops, Bacon, Panini's the list goes on and on.....

Deep Covered Baker

I forgot, DH didn't get me anything for Valentine's Day... Now I get the DCB and the grill pan. Yeah!

OK, that makes sense. I ordered that the month it was on Hostess Special and my girlfriend still has it. Great investment for your business. The press you can pick up later if you really want it.

I have the grill pan and press and I would say DCB before the press. Just cook the stuff in the micro and don't let hubby see it... put it in the oven and when he is in the kitchen pull it out and say... Dinner's ready! :angel:

I must be really lucky!! My hubby will eat anything I cook - micro or not. He is so easy! He may not like it sometimes, but he'll eat it!

I would have said Grill Press, but since you don't have the Deep Covered Baker, get that FOR SURE!!! It's a GREAT product to use for shows. You will see your sales and bookings soar when you make the 30 min chicken or 10 min pork tenderloin.

DebbieJ said:
I would have said Grill Press, but since you don't have the Deep Covered Baker, get that FOR SURE!!! It's a GREAT product to use for shows. You will see your sales and bookings soar when you make the 30 min chicken or 10 min pork tenderloin.
Totally agree! ...but get the Grill Press as soon as you get a chance - you can get the best sandwiches with it. And IMHO I would never use a brick in my cookware - even covered in foil - you never know where it was, what's in it, and I'd be afraid that I'd knick my pan with it. Besides we don't sell bricks - my son used to but we don't.

I use my grill press a couple times a month......and I've never taken it to a show (it weighs about 1000 lbs!), but I use my DCB 2-3 times a week at home, and the same amount at shows.....It is, hands down, the very best booking tool I've ever had! I have seen sales & bookings soar with my DCB!

I rarely use the grill press.

I've never used the grill press, but for the price - I thought why not!
I'm sure I'll use it more when we move out of Mom's and I have my own kitchen.

Grill Pan and PressWe made chicken last night (with the Press) and it was FANTASTIC!

I think you could most definately use JUST the pan and it would work great!

I agree with everyone else that the DCB would be GREAT for your biz,...but you are looking for a personal use item - so the Pan would be awesome! :)

I would do the DCB!! OMG, that stoneware peice rocks, and you'll get more people to buy that if you demo it then the grill press.....especially with tips like a brick from Rachel Ray! You will sell a ton of DCB's if you demo with it!!!
I use my grill pan a lot but I don't have the grill press! I want it, but I just put something heavy on it! My favorite heavy thing is my meat tenderisor (sp?) I will get it some day but for now, it's not a priority to me and if it was my choice... to get that DCB for $26.00 is a steal!!
Good luck

1. Do I really need a grill press to cook on the grill?

No, a grill press is not a necessity for grilling, but it can be a useful tool for certain types of dishes. It can help to evenly cook foods that are thick or unevenly shaped, and it can also create those desirable grill marks on your food.

2. Can I use a grill press on any type of grill?

Yes, a grill press can be used on any type of grill, whether it is gas, charcoal, or electric. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and use caution when handling the hot press.

3. What types of foods can I use the grill press for?

A grill press is great for cooking burgers, steaks, chicken breasts, and other meats. It can also be used for grilling vegetables and even grilled sandwiches.

4. How do I clean my grill press?

You can clean your grill press by hand washing it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing. Some grill presses are also dishwasher safe, but always check the manufacturer's instructions first.

5. Can I use a grill press for indoor cooking?

Yes, a grill press can be used for indoor cooking as well, as long as you have a stovetop or indoor grill that can accommodate it. It can be a great tool for making paninis or cooking bacon without splattering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefheidi2003