• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Consultants Lose Past Host Benefits?

But as explained earlier, those don't really matter, because you get a 20% discount all the time. And you have the opportunity to earn all new products for free or can get them at 50% off at the start of the selling season. Plus, you get a Kit Enhancement where you have a 40% discount on any products you want. Plus, the benefit of getting a commission. And anytime you want, you can host your own catalog show or open house or something and get host benefits again, which will give you the host rewards all over again. These benefits definitely outweigh the booking benefit and 10% discount.
msmileyface
Hi everyone,

I became a consultant in March. In April, I had a catalog show at work. Someone booked a show from that catalog show (I was the host, and the consultant). I was under the impression that I could order the host special at her show in June because I listed it in P3 as a booking from my show. My recruiter told me when I signed up that you do not lose your host benefits just because you became a consultant, but I have heard otherwise, that because I am the consultant I can't get the host special. Which is true? Normally this would not be a big deal since we get nice discounts and promos, but I really wanted those collapsible bowls in the set for the June special.

Looking forward to your answers!

:) Meredith

You are able to get the Host Special, but you cannot use your PHD (Past Host Discount) for anything (and, really, wouldn't you rather have a 20% discount or commission as a Consultant, than a 10% discount as a Host?).

My understanding is that a consultant as a host can NOT get the booking benefit because it is our job as consultants to book shows. I don't think you can get the past host booking benefit for a show that booked off of your show that you held after you became a consultant.

Here's what the Policy Guide says about Consultant Hosted Shows:

Consultant-hosted Shows
If you or a member of your household hosts your own Show:
• You will receive commission on guest orders only. You will not be paid commission on items you order at the host discount.
• You are not eligible for the Booking Benefit or a past host discount.
• Personal orders placed on the Show do not apply toward the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a downline Consultant.

The PG does not really address directly what happens if you are a host, earn those benefits, then become a consultant before using them, though. Obviously, your consultant discount is better than the PHD, but the Booking Benefit is different.

I would call Career Solutions at HO to get a definitive answer. I would be concerned that if you tried to order as a past host on a show, HO would might put it on hold, delaying shipping for your Host.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

NooraK said:
The PG does not really address directly what happens if you are a host, earn those benefits, then become a consultant before using them, though. Obviously, your consultant discount is better than the PHD, but the Booking Benefit is different.

But she became a consultant in March and hosted her show in April, so she was already a consultant. I don't even list bookings on my shows I turn in personally except for to get them in P3 so I don't forget about them - but I'm better with paper plans than I am with stuff on a planner on my computer, so sometimes I don't even do that.

pcsharon1 said:
But she became a consultant in March and hosted her show in April, so she was already a consultant.

Ah, I missed that part (I know, it was the first sentnece, I plead pregnancy brain). I was concentrating on the recruiter telling her she didn't lose the benefits, and thinking she did the show before becoming a consultant.

In that case, it's clear. No Booking Benefit, no PHD.

You get free, half-priced items, plus the discount earned when you host. But you don't get the booking benefit or the 10% discount on future purchases for a year. But as explained earlier, those don't really matter, because you get a 20% discount all the time. And you have the opportunity to earn all new products for free or can get them at 50% off at the start of the selling season. Plus, you get a Kit Enhancement where you have a 40% discount on any products you want. Plus, the benefit of getting a commission. And anytime you want, you can host your own catalog show or open house or something and get host benefits again, which will give you the host rewards all over again. These benefits definitely outweigh the booking benefit and 10% discount. :D

NooraK said:
Ah, I missed that part. I was concentrating on the recruiter telling her she didn't lose the benefits, and thinking she did the show before becoming a consultant.

In that case, it's clear. No Booking Benefit, no PHD.

And no commission on the products purchased with the show discount. You can USE the discount but the part you spend is not commissionable like it is when someone else hosts.

It's really not a bad deal though. You CAN get the 50% off items you earn and the 60% off item in the month of your show and of course the free. If the discount is more than or the same as your consultant discount (20% for consultants) then use it to get the deal, just know that it's not commissionable. We actually do get the PHD but we can't use it and why would we when we can get a better deal on a personal order. They give us the PHD anyway just to make it simpler for HO when processing shows and if we stopped being a consultant we could then use it.

As far as the booking benefit goes, we are supposed to be getting bookings - that's part of our job - AND we can put in a show any month that we want to. Want the 60% off price in June? Put together a catalog show! 4 of the new Cool & Serves = over $150 even if all four guests are past hosts.

1. Can a consultant lose past host benefits if they leave Pampered Chef?

No, past host benefits earned by a consultant are not affected if they leave the company. However, they will no longer be eligible to earn future host benefits.

2. Can a consultant lose past host benefits if they don't meet their sales goals?

No, past host benefits are earned and cannot be taken away based on sales performance. However, not meeting sales goals may affect a consultant's ability to earn future host benefits.

3. Are past host benefits transferable to another consultant?

No, past host benefits are tied to the consultant who earned them and cannot be transferred to another consultant.

4. Can a consultant lose past host benefits if they switch teams within Pampered Chef?

No, past host benefits are tied to the consultant who earned them and are not affected if they switch teams within the company.

5. Can a consultant lose past host benefits if they do not renew their consultant agreement?

No, past host benefits are earned and cannot be taken away if a consultant chooses not to renew their agreement. However, they will no longer be eligible to earn future host benefits without an active agreement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindy0116
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • angmillar
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Telynn