• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DIY Cooking Sprays: Recipes for Spritzer Bottles

In summary, the Spritzer Bottles work well with Olive Oil and Canola Oil. They come with a second pump mechanism so you can keep using it when the other pump needs cleaning.
chefamjohnson
I have had several customers buy the Spritzer Bottles in hopes to make their own spray for cooking, they said that vegetable oil is too thick and wont spray out, can anyone help me with some recipes they can whip up for sprays or other liquids they can use???

I don't have any trouble with vegetable oil. I wonder if they are pumping them up properly.

Olive oil works GREAT :)We use Olive oil, spray round stone for pizzas, cookies, etc.

HTH

Liz

chefamjohnson said:
I have had several customers buy the Spritzer Bottles in hopes to make their own spray for cooking, they said that vegetable oil is too thick and wont spray out, can anyone help me with some recipes they can whip up for sprays or other liquids they can use???

I have two--one for Olive Oil and one for Canola Oil and they both work fine.

I use canola oil without a problem.I have a few...:
-lemon juice to spritz apples so that they don't brown,
-water to spritz tortilla shells so that cinn and sugar will stick without adding calories before baking.
-lime juice to spray on tortillas before baking to make lime tortilla chips
-Vinegars to do a spray vinaigrette to spritz a salad, without adding the calories of oils. (Wish Bone makes their salad spritzers in a few flavors, so you could use those for ideas....balsamic, etc)

Jennifer,

You stole my idea about the lemon juice:D . I was going to say the same thing, and when I suggest it at shows, people always buy them. Love to keep a bottle in my fridge and spritz my daughter's cut up apple.

I haven't had any problems w/ any oils...

Same here. i use olive oil & canola oil without a problem! LOVE the lemon juice idea!!

My AD mentioned to use with liquid popori also.

I have a customer who uses one for a vitamin spray she has to put on her iguanas! I need another one for water or lemon juice...

speedychef said:
I have a customer who uses one for a vitamin spray she has to put on her iguanas!

My mom is using a sterile one (it was brand new, plus went through the dishwasher, etc) for misting her bandages with saline to get them a little "unstuck" from her deep incisions as they heal ...the vitamin spray thing reminded me of it!!!

I read somewhere to use these for bug sprays and suntan sprays for camping or days at the beach.

Flora:D

Just make sure you label those really well.

I think the spritzer is a very unsatisfactory product although I love the concept and use it regularly. Things I have learned to make it work better (not like I want it but still better).....

Make sure top is tightened all the way.
Pump, pump and pump. Until it gets hard to pump.
Press all the way down. A half way press won't cut it.
Loosen it when you are done to prevent build up.

Another good tip is to clean the spray mechanism thoroughly, regularly. I try to clean it when it needs to be refilled.

chefann said:
Another good tip is to clean the spray mechanism thoroughly, regularly. I try to clean it when it needs to be refilled.
And I love that it comes with a second pump mechanism now so you can keep using it when the other pump needs cleaning.

1. What are the benefits of using DIY cooking sprays?

DIY cooking sprays allow for a healthier alternative to store-bought cooking sprays. They also save money in the long run and reduce waste from constantly buying new spray bottles.

2. How do I make a basic DIY cooking spray?

To make a basic DIY cooking spray, you will need a clean spritzer bottle, your choice of oil (such as olive oil or avocado oil), and water. Simply fill the bottle with equal parts of oil and water, shake well before each use, and spray onto your cooking surface.

3. Can I customize my DIY cooking spray with different flavors?

Yes, you can customize your DIY cooking spray with different flavors by infusing your oil with herbs, spices, or citrus fruits. This allows for endless flavor combinations to enhance your cooking.

4. How do I store my DIY cooking spray?

It is best to store your DIY cooking spray in a cool, dark place to maintain its freshness. Avoid storing it near heat or direct sunlight, as this can cause the oil to go rancid.

5. Can I use my DIY cooking spray for baking?

Yes, you can use your DIY cooking spray for baking. It is a great way to evenly coat baking pans and prevent sticking without the added chemicals found in traditional cooking sprays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies