• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tempting Tapas Show Disappointment: How to Book from a No-Show Event"

or some other part of the business...wasn't able to meet their expectations so the host is offering them a full refund or a discount on a future order. That way the guests feel like they are getting something out of it and you are still getting bookings. I hope this helps.
janel kelly
I had my first tempting tapas show today. I was really excited about it. I host coached as good as you can host coach. I called her last night and she said there may up to 10 people there which made me even more excited because I was hoping to get alot of bookings to fill up my July and August calendar since this is my last show I have in June. Well, to make a long story short, nobody showed up. Not only was my host dissappointed because she had several people say they were going to come and that they wanted to book a show and they didn't, but I'm dissappointed since I have no more June shows plus this is the first time this has happened to me. I don't understand why so many people said they were coming and didn't. It makes you almost think about quiting although I don't want to because I love PC. I stayed really positive for her and told her she has a good chance of getting alot of outside orders from the people who said they would come. I'm sure she can get at least enough outside orders to make a show. My main concern from this show is how to get bookings from it. I know she is going to tell everyone who orders that no one came to her show(thats just the way she is). So who's going to want to book a show when it went so badly for her. I mean I'm going to try to book shows from her outside orders anyway but I don't know what to say if people say, "well so and so didn't have anyone show up for her show, so I don't want to go through that too." So its been a very discouraging morning for me. Does anybody have any ideas about what to do with this booking situation?

I don't have any specific suggestions, but I know that this happens to everybody at some time or another. I've been doing this for over two years and had a show last week where there were three people. The host barely got above $150 with the help of a couple outside orders. No bookings from that show. And actually one of the three in attendance didn't place an order. I told myself long ago not to focus too much on the bookings. Obviously that's the biggest part of our business, but I really feel if I feel that I desperately need shows, then I come across as desperate at the shows. I do mention bookings at least three times during the shows, but I don't go on and on. I really try to act like it's a favor to THEM because they are the ones who get great benefits out of it. I really think that change in attitude has helped because my bookings have been better this year. And I really feel that through big MAC calls and customer care calls after the products arrive that you keep your name out there for them. They may not book a show until six or more months down the line, but you're keeping in touch with them. It's hard not to get negative about it, but that really will come across to the guests even after the show during calls. Just chalk it up to one of those really sucky show experiences, but know that those are few and far between!

I'm sorry it was so terrible. :( I feel for you! Just know that it's extremely unlikely that your next show will be like that! Just reframe the way you look at bookings...instead of looking at it something for you (as a consultant), look at it as doing a favor for them. If they don't want to take you up on it, oh well! Maybe they will in the future. I know....easier said than done, but I think it'll help your outlook be more positive for future shows. Hope that helps. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Book PartiesHi Janel,

I am sorry to hear your show didn't go as planned. Pamperedbecky is right though - this does happen to everybody sometime or another. You have every right to be upset but don't let it get to you too much. If I were you, I would have my host collect as many outside orders as she could (which is what it sounds like she is doing already) and when the host gives you the orders, call the guests and verify the order and tell them alittle about the host benefits. You can tell the guests that the kitchen show didn't go as planned, but the host is STILL able to take advantage of those benefits through outside orders AND definitley mention book parties. Tell the host and customers that they can all plan together and take advantage of the PC host benefits. I have a group of women who have book parties every now then together and book off each other so they can all recieve the monthly host specials, etc.

I hope I have been some kind of help. Let us know what happens! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! :D

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I was feeling VERY frustrated this morning but as the day has gone on I'm feeling less pessimistic about it. :eek: I just talked to my director for a little while and she said it sounds like I'm doing everything I can and more to help my host. She said this happens to everyone at some time or other. My host also called me later today and it sounds like she's really going to go after those outside orders. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray for a booking(or more) from those outside orders.
I'll have to keep that book show idea in mind. I have a group of ladies that keep booking shows from each other and I wonder if they would just like to have monthly book shows. Although I think they like me coming over and making some food for them to eat. :p
Keeping my head up
Janel

It just happened to meJanel~

I am right there with you! I just had a show like that.

You know, I finally decided that I wouldn't let it get to me. I asked the host if she could give me a list of who said they would come and I would help her get outside orders. I was able to help her with orders & get some bookings because I was able to talk to people.

I definately think I get more bookings when I go into the show with the attitude that the bookings are to help my host & to help other people get free products too.

Good luck!

Suggesting bookingsWhen you're making your CCC's and you mention booking a show, if anyone remarks that at so-and-so's party nobody showed up, you could suggest that they might want to co-host with a friend--that way they'd have double the people to invite plus someone else to rely on for support.

Keep thinking positiveHey Janel,
Believe me I feel your pain. For my very 1st PC show this happened but it was my own. I invited 30-40 people and 4 people showed up. I'm glad it happened to me right in the beginning of my PC career because now it won't surprise me if it happens again. Just try to get the phone numbers for those people your hostess said were going to book a show. If you call them yourself you will most likely get the bookings.

Good Luck,
Debbie

Just happened to me againI thought of this thread as soon as I talked to one of my hosts lastnight, so I had to add this story....she just hosted a kitchen show for me to help me out during my SSM3. First we were going to do a book party because she lives in Texas (I live in OK) and it was going to be easy for me and her during my SS months. Well, the guests REALLY wanted to see the new products. So we planned a kitchen show for the same weekend I was going to be in town for my mom's show. She was so excited because "so many people were going to show up". Out of the 40 people she invited only 4 showed up. I was mad because these people SO BADLY wanted to SEE the products, so I made it happen, but no one else came through...so we are back to square 1 collecting outside orders :rolleyes: !!

My director also told me when I mention bookings have the attitude that it is a favor to the host since there are so many great benefits of having your own show - I believe a couple of you mentioned that in the above posts. I'm not sure exactly how to have that kind of "attitude" except for mention all the great benefits for a host without sounding desperate which is what I do normally. Is there anything in particular you guys say so that the host realizes it is a favor for them? I think that if our hosts really did think like that- that we are doing them a favor- then they would try more to have better shows and try their hardest to get lots of guests and sales. I would love for my hosts to think like that for their shows. I'm just not sure how to get them to think like that. I hope I'm not confusing anyone.

It did make me frustrated, just like what happened to you, Erica, when hosts say they have so many people coming to their shows and hardly anyone shows up. Are they just lying or are their friends and coworkers just being rude by not showing up? I have a hard time understanding how that happens. I know that it comes with having my own business that relys on other people doing shows for me. I'm sure this won't be the last time this happens to us. I just wish I could do something to prevent this happening again. :p

happened to me too!!!BELIEVE ME I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!
My 1st kitchen show was Saturday. As of the night before she had about 20 confirmed RSVP's... BUT NOBODY SHOWED UP!!!!! And I drove almost 2 hours to get there... My host felt horrible about it and I couldn't blame it all on her because she really went all out and did everything that I had asked her to do, so it's not her fault... I guess she just has really flaky friends! I hung out with her at her house for about 2 hours, just because I wanted to let traffic die down before heading all the way back home... 2 hours after the show should have started, 1 lady showed up, with a crate of her own stuff to sell (some herbal health products) and proceeded to try to give a demo for the host & I with her stuff.. I WAS FURIOUS! I had already packed my car prior to this lady showing up, so at that point I told the host that I had to head on home and left... needless to say it was a long drive back home and a tearful one at that. This was my very 1st KS and with the huge number of attendance that she had promised me, I was so excited because I was sure I would get quite a few bookings and that would be just what I needed to jump start my new business, as prior to this week, everything had been just catalog shows for me. She did have 4 outside orders, one she has to wait until 2 weeks from now until the guest gets paid, and then she also has to wait until 2 weeks to place her personal order..... How do you keep positive when this happens on your very first show???????

AARRGGHHH!!! Sorry - just had to vent.

Thanks for listening!!!!!
Mel

Look on the bright side - Pollyanna specialYikers, okay, been there done that...here's how I would look at it to keep positive...all your other shows can never be worst than the 1st....
You have experienced a bad show, and most likely won't experience another one for a loooooong time.... You got it out of the way in the beginning as opposed to us honeymooners who did really well and then experienced a bad one after 7 months...
So look on the bright side...its over, its behind you and you are prepared if it ever happens again...
Just a little Pollyanna to help brighten up your day!
Cheers,
Angela

When God closes a door, He opens a window!!Man, can I relate! But, for every negative thing that's happened a positive thing has come by to save the day!

I invited almost 40 people to my first kitchen show/open house and no one came!!! I made reminder calls that afternoon, so I did know beforehand that no one was going to come. I went into PANIC MODE calling everyone I knew to vent/complain/look for sympathy. I thought 'what did I get myself into??? I can't do this!!' WELL, I re-called everyone I had invited to that first show and let them know I turned it into a catalog show since no one could come and it ended up being a $300. show. I tried for another show/open house the next week, inviting different people and 11 came and it turned out to be a $700 show.!

Then, at the end of my SS month 1, after having that initial panic attack and finally resigning myself to the fact that I didn't HAVE to earn all the free products.....I was $200 away from getting them with an out-of-state catalog show ready to come in. BUT, the host emailed me 3 days before the end of the month to say she never collected the orders and wanted to wait until the next month to do the show!! I was so disappointed, but I had another catalog show out (a good friend) who was going to close her show on the first of the month and she offered to close it on the 31 so I could submit and get my free SS 1 stuff!!

Sorry, this is so long---just wanted to let you know that PC is full of disappointment---and rewards!!!! Hang in there and don't let the bad pull you down....things can only get better!!

Happened to me tonightI so know how you feel, I knew it was coming adn it did. I had a show schelduled this afternoon and got this huge disappointment. My hostess was having the show at her daughters house since her kitchen was so small. Well, I showed up about an hour early to set up everything adn my hostess is in her daughters house vacuuming and I smell bleach pretty strongly. Theres food crumbs ALL over the carpet that she is vacuuming, total mess. I mean Im not a neat freak by any means but i just had a bad feeling when I entered the door and two dogs are there growling and barking at me. I proceeded to unload my things and get started setting up. She finishs and comes in to chat while Im setting up. Now I really do like my hostess, she is a very nice older lady whom I have met before. As her and I are talking in comes her daughter and her 4 teenage kids. And of course the kids are all in the kitchen under your feet wanting to know what your cooking and when it will be done because they are hungry. So I was super nice and told them I was a little early and would start cooking when my hostess's guests got there. I waited for over 30 mins after the show was to start and had just about decided to just leave when hostess asked if I just wanted to go ahead and fix the food. UGH!! NO guests show up and I end up cooking anyway. Then no one even buys anything!!! They talk about how wonderful everything is and how much they love it and nothing!!....I couldnt wait to get out of there, I was packing hot stoneware into my car on towels just to get out quicker. And the whole time Im making my several trips to the car not one person offered to even help open the door when my arms were full. They all just sat on the sofa staring at me while I fumbled with this odd door knob they had. As I get the last trip and am heading out the door the daughter stops me to tell me she may be interested in consulting and wants to know how to sign up adn how much it costs. OMG, my first thought was OMG if she decides to do this then I am responsible for her. She was pretty whiney all evening....I was just amazed that NO ONE even had the decency to call my hostess, who actually did apologize profusely and said she is going to get orders out of everyone who didnt come. Have any of you who have had ppl sign up under you had someone sign up that you just didnt care for at all? If so, how did you handle it. I mean, I was sugar sweet KWIM? but I just cringed the whole time I was there. And when the huge dog had an " messy accident" in the house in the kitchen I about died. UGH!!! Ok done venting now..lol
that feels better knowing I can vent to you all and you know exactly how it feels to have a kitchen show from hell.

Sign her up!! You can never tell what people will do and even though it seems like she wouldn't put any effort into this you never know. It is our job to sign them up and mentor them when they need it but also to realized that it is their business and they will make of it what they want to. They are not really our responsibility in the cense that we have any kind of power over what or how they do.

She may surprise you. Not everyone that you add to your team will give this their all and we have to understand that. Of course it would be nice if they did but if we waited for only those people then we would have no team. I have 3 ladies right now waiting for the right time to sign up and I know right from the start that none of them will be full timers but they will do what works for them.

I have personally signed 9 consultants. 2 of them never qualified, and 3 of them decided not to keep going as soon as they qualified.

The one on my team that has surprised me the most is one of my recruits recruits. She bought the kit with no intention of ever doing a show. (Her recruiter was a consultant from another company previously that they could do this) When she saw the Super Starter program she decided that she wanted to earn more products. She closed out her 1st month with $1290. and has already submitted submitted sales for her 2nd month.

Sign her up, be there to answer her questions and support her, train her to the best of your ability, and have both of you understand that she is responsible for her own success. Also, Make meetings a must when you tell her responsibilties.

Most of all CONGRATULATIONS!

I am glad I read this thread, because I had the same question about recruits. I had a yard sale yesterday and of course had out my mailing list sign up and catalogs and info about becoming a consultant. Well this woman who is a, to use a polite term "garbage picker" (the kind that comes around the houses the night before garbage day and takes broken furniture and torn clothing out of your garbage cans) was there. She had taken a broken papasan from our garbage pile before. Anyway, she started telling me that she was an Avon rep and hated it because they are constantly screwing up orders and then the customers are leaving because of it (I used to be an Avon rep, I can understand).

Anyway, so I said, why don't you sell Pampered Chef? She asked how much it was and is very interested (I gave her the recruiting pamphlet and I am sending her more info). After she left I started thinking, do I really want to hang out with this woman? But honestly, I don't have to be her best friend. Besides, she's obviously frugal and probably needs the money, so she'd be more likely to put the effort in to qualify. For all I know, she's super nice anyway. :)

Dawn,
So sorry you had a bad party. I have been in that house before!!! haha. I was cringing for you the whole time I read. That is probably my worst fear with this business. You just never know what your getting yourself into. :D

:( One more thing. I am glad PC doesn't look at everyones personality or lifestyle before signing up. Being to judgemental or critical might have kept some of you from being hired.

Debbie, That is horrible what happened to you. I was cringing the whole time I read it too. Hopefully the bad situation will turn into a very successful recruit, you never know. Keep us updated! :)

Thanks everyone. I was so upset with it actually only being my third kitchen show for it to happen that no one showed up. And after I got off of here last night I did start looking at it in another way. I got to thinking that like you all said, Im not really responsible for her, she is going to make out of her business what she wants to. All I can do is try to teach her what I know and go from there. And that doesnt mean I have to go back to her house ;) I think it just bothered me that I found out that she keeps her relatives children in this filth. Turns out she had more she kept but got turned in by a neighbor for keeping children with no license. But I guess if it turns into a recruit it will have been worth it; especially if she surprises me and really is good at it. :) Thanks to you all for listening and the great advice.

luvs2sellit said:
:( One more thing. I am glad PC doesn't look at everyones personality or lifestyle before signing up. Being to judgemental or critical might have kept some of you from being hired.

That's what I tell myself whenever I find myself being judgmental of someone. They can turn around and look at me, and what right do I have to criticize them?? Thank you for reminding me :)

Debbie, I feel for you. At least I was at my own house when my hostess had no one show up for the show(she had her show at my house)
I'm closing my "bad" show tomorrow. So far she is at $250 in sales and is hoping to get to $300 tomorrow with a couple more shows. So it turned out to not be so bad of a show. With these kinds of shows though it would have been alot easier to just start it out as a catalogue show. :eek:

Well I closed my "dissappointing show" this evening. My host ended up having $400 in sales and it ended up being a $500 show. I also got 2 bookings and one more possible booking for a show from the outside show orders. I guess I won't be complaining anymore! :)

Yay! congratulations!

I can relateI had my first show this weekend at my sister's house. She had 10 people confirmed on Friday night and only 3 showed up. It was 96 degrees outside with no air conditioning and everyone canceled at the last minute. It actually was better for me as I felt kind of off all day -- on the way home I came down with a bug and could not get into the house fast enough. Of course, then I was worried it was the food -- it wasn't, thank God. Anyway, I did get one booking for August from it though and $200 in sales (not what I wanted, but not too shabby with only 4 orders). At any rate everyone at the party was very familiar with Pampered Chef and I got some good feedback from them and all in all they said it was a good show. Since I wasn't feeling too well I was kind of glad it was not a big crowd, but also kind of disappointed in the sales -- at least I have until July 31 to make SS1. I look at it this way, I can only go up from here.

It happens here in UK too!This must happen to every consultant at one time or another. I don't know why guests don't just say if they aren't interested, instead of agreeing to come to a show and just not turning up! At one of my recent shows (I had travelled about an hour in the evening and I work full-time too!) my host promised 20 guests. She was let down by 6 people on the night, so we still had 14, but sales were extremely poor which is almost as disappointing as no guests. Quite a few people just bought our equivalent of Seasons Best. The host felt really badly for me and did her best with outside orders - they were actually more than the sales on the night! I did a show where there was only 2 guests and the host, but I did recruit the host, and both guests hosted shows for her, so in every cloud there is a silver lining. We all need to sound-off when this happens and it's good to know it's not just you. ;)

Show ClosingOk my show that was so bad last weekend is being closed today with a $164. in sales.It bites that it is low but at least it is enough to close it. I am so relieved to be finished with this show. I was totally surprised that my hostess actually came through with some of the order. About $95 worth whereas I had to come up with the rest. Geez. At least I will get my fall products now... :)

Whoa thereIf you look at any show as a bad show, you are off to the WRONG start.
I have been doing this for 5 years now and I must say that I look at every show, even the one last Saturday at $162.00 as a gift. A show is a show. Yeah it is a let down at first but I turn it around into something positive. Any time you book a show, you are doing well. The main thing to remember is not necessarily the "bottom line." You have to look at EVERYTHING. Big or small it is one more show under your belt, you were able to practice your "speach", you probably learned things and you must learn to accept what you can NOT change. You have to remember that not getting people there is NOT your fault, never will be your fault. If you did your host coaching to the best of your ability and the people did not come, then maybe the host did not follow through properly, or the guests she invited really were not intersted. (Which is usually the case.) You can NOT change that nor can your host. The people who did come and did not buy big, that was them. Again, something no one but themselves can change. It happens! Now, how you look at that show however is your decision. And you have the ability to change it from a negative experience into a positive one.
I always try to find the best side of any show. If I didn't, I would have quit years ago and not given myself a chance to find out if I really could have great shows or so, so shows.
If and when I ever find myself regretting having done a show for someone is the day I need to quit. And that is that.

Last edited:
If I throw a show and it is 150.00 and thats it im just happy to get that i actually had a show that was not 150 in sales and i had to call her and tell her that she could not get the host special or the past host special and i did what i could to get it to 150 but i was just thankful for the show especially since i closed it on may 31 and it was my 2nd show for the month.

You are so very right! Thanks for the perspective check...I really needed it this month.

maria

pampered1224 said:
If you look at any show as a bad show, you are off to the WRONG start.
I have been doing this for 5 years now and I must say that I look at every show, even the one last Saturday at $162.00 as a gift. A show is a show. Yeah it is a let down at first but I turn it around into something positive. Any time you book a show, you are doing well. The main thing to remember is not necessarily the "bottom line." You have to look at EVERYTHING. Big or small it is one more show under your belt, you were able to practice your "speach", you probably learned things and you must learn to accept what you can NOT change. You have to remember that not getting people there is NOT your fault, never will be your fault. If you did your host coaching to the best of your ability and the people did not come, then maybe the host did not follow through properly, or the guests she invited really were not intersted. (Which is usually the case.) You can NOT change that nor can your host. The people who did come and did not buy big, that was them. Again, something no one but themselves can change. It happens! Now, how you look at that show however is your decision. And you have the ability to change it from a negative experience into a positive one.
I always try to find the best side of any show. If I didn't, I would have quit years ago and not given myself a chance to find out if I really could have great shows or so, so shows.
If and when I ever find myself regretting having done a show for someone is the day I need to quit. And that is that.

"bad" showOK, my hostess called back and she is up to $202. in sales so Whoo hooo! :)
My show was "bad" last weekend because no one showed, and the dog pooped in the kitchen as I was preparing the food for the hostess and her daughter and her daughters hubby and kids; while they were actually sitting in the living room not even watching the demo. The hostess was the only one even in the kitchen and she was cleaning more than anything. I host coached pretty well, I thought, but things happen and I do realize that. I was disappointed as I was looking forward to practicing and getting better at my shows, but that was impossible to do with no one in there paying attention to what I was doing. They were waiting for me to "feed" them. You would just have had to be there to see how I mean. I stayed professional the entire time though, and thanked my hostess for her time and letting me come to show her how to use our tools. I think it is ok that we have a "bad" show now and then, but it doesnt mean I plan on hangin up the apron. It just goes along with the territory that some shows will not be as good as others; and thats ok. We just move on and learn from it. But I am happy ( who wouldnt be?) that this one turned around and was better than I thought it would be. :) Which shows that even a "bad" show can turn into a "good" one. I am thrilled that it is enough to be considered a show and I get to get my fall products now. :D

I think its great to find the silver lining to what was seemingly a "bad" show. I don't think it is wrong to feel dissappointed when no guests show up to a show that we worked hard to prepare- its normal to feel that way. Its great to be able to come post on a website where the same thing has happened to everyone and get some advice and a good pick me up. :)

Thanks
janel kelly said:
I think its great to find the silver lining to what was seemingly a "bad" show. I don't think it is wrong to feel dissappointed when no guests show up to a show that we worked hard to prepare- its normal to feel that way. Its great to be able to come post on a website where the same thing has happened to everyone and get some advice and a good pick me up. :)

I was just wanted to thank you Janel for making me feel "normal". :) I, like you, feel that it is ok to be disappointed if a show that we worked hard on doesn't turn out like we think it should. And if it turns out better than we expected, then thats fantastic. And I am extremely greatful just to be able to have them reach enough to close; just a perk when they are larger. :)

Any worse?OK as if my last show wasnt bad enough? My hostess's check bounced! and then because it bounced, it caused two more things to bounce in my account. And a pending one where I got gas on my card! OMG! I am soooooo mad! I contacted the hostess and told her what happened and she "said" she will get with me and take care of it but I am worried now that I am going to be stuck with 3 NSF fees and her bounced check which was $93. I knew there was a reason I had a bad feeling about her show. And the kicker of it is that she already has her order. I didnt know her check had bounced until Saturday morning, after her things came in Thursday. I guess with the holiday it slowed everythign down at the bank. I am going to try to collect her money first and then if it isnt settled quickly then I am going to call HO and see if there is anything i can do. But i cant afford $90 in ISF charges! UGH!!! And i have to clear it up quickly because I have a show this thusday that wants to close quickly. geez! What a mess! I think from now on instead of just deposting checks into my account that I will go to the individual banks and cash them first tomake sure the money is there. At least all of the local banks are pretty close together so it wont be too far out of the way for me to do that and if it saves me ISF charges then it will be worth it.

That would be very frustating. Is there anything we can do if a hostess refuses to pay for the fees from a bad check? You'll have to let us know how it goes with her. I can't imagine a hostess not wanting to make everything right when it comes to things like that.

neverendingI think I have the never ending show from hell! The hostess who's check bounced wrote me another one today to cover her bounced check AND my $95 in NSF checks. I told her I was going to go to her bank to cash it right after and she said that would be fine. Well, I went and the funds were not available, again. UGH!! I want to scream! So now, I am going to have to cover her money I suppose until I can it out of her. I have a show that I did last night and the hostess wants to close it Monday so I HAVE to get my account in the good. Geez! Has anyone else had this happen to them? I am stressing so bad. I have been trying to be very nice to my hostess about it but think I may end up calling HO and see if there is anything I can have done.

Debbie

:eek: Oh my!! I am so sorry you are going through all of this!!! I wonder why in the world she keeps writing you bad checks? I would march right back over to her house and demand she pay in cash since her checks seem to be no good! That is too much for you to deal with. Do you think she is trying to get away with not paying you? That's what it sounds like to me, but if this is someone you know well, I would hate to assume that. Maybe you should also have your shows (that are local) shipped to you first. That way you can hold orders until they are paid for. I have all my shows shipped to me. I include their receipt and a thank you card in the bag. But if I had this hostess...she would receive a thank you from me that's for sure!! And if she ever wanted to place an order again, I would only accept cash from her!! :p Please keep us updated on how you handle this. I wish I could offer you better advice. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Debbie -

I had that happen to me once and I finally had to take it to the County Magistrate to file a claim against the hostess. She then had to pay me through the magistrate for all of my fees and the filing fee. I don't know if you have something like that in your area, but business have some sort of recorse against bad checks because it is against the law to write bad checks. You may just want to ask one of your local business that you frequent often how they handle it. Sometimes, just the threat of having to take that last step will get your hostess to pay. Of course in the future you should require her to pay cash only if she were to order from you again (of course, I would never be available to her again to order).

I'm sorry for your trouble, especially since you have to cover the expense until she pays you. The only thing to remember is that she is in the minority when it comes to hostesses and customers in our business.

Good luck - I hope it all works out for you,
Sharon

Oh Debbie, I would want to scream too. What did the host tell you when you told her that her recent check bounced again? I know you are trying to be nice to your hostess but there is a point I think when someone needs to see you mean business otherwise they will just keep taking advantage of you. Does she have a job? Her husband work? Do you know when they get paid? I would find out when they get paid and then take the check to her bank that day and try to cash it. Thats the only thing I can think of to do besides demand cash from her right away or take it even higher. I hope it all works out for you and soon.

Thanks everyoneI am not really "buddies" with my hostess, but she does work at a gas station that I go to frequently, about a mile from my house. She is about 64 years old and lives with one of her daughters. And when I told her about the second check she said that she was soooo sorry and that she had talked to the lady at the bank and she said that they would "try" to cover it if I cashed it. Well, when I talked to the lady at the bank she said took it to her supervisor and the supervisor said they could not out right cash it since there wasnt enough funds in the bank, but if I wanted to deposit it into mine at MY bank and run it through there was a possibility that they "MAY or MAY NOT" cash it. She couldnt say for sure. I asked her pretty much if she were out of her mind. I was trying to get the last check from this lady cleared with this check, not add more bank fees on to it and have even more to come up with. UGH!!! I do feel bad somewhat for this lady, she said she had pawned the title of her car to try and pay off the bank but it wasnt enough she said because someone she had wrote a check to continously kept trying to send it back through and it kept bouncing her account more with fees and that was why she didnt have enough in there to cover it. I dont know what to believe anymore. If she is being honest with me or yanking my chain. I did tell her that I need to get some cash from her though since her checks were no good. I told her if I at least saw SOME money that I would try my best to work with her but if not then I would not be able to. She "says" she is going to try and borrow some from her family or something to help pay me. This is so ridiculous. I mean, i dont have a problem holding a check a day or two if someone tells me upfront, but geez dont write me a bad check and not tell me. I am going to probably call HO Monday and see what to do about it. I just know she isnt going to be able to come up with $188. I will be shocked if she does. It just makes me get so discouraged though everytime I think about this. I will definately cash everyones check first from now on and deposit cash only. Oh and the kicker of it is that her order WAS sent to me and I had delivered her things the day before i found out her check was no good. But it had been a week so I assumed that her check was fine. since it wasnt showing up as bounced in my account. I think the holiday just slowed everything down though. Thanks to you all for letting me vent. Somehow I will get past this.

:eek: *ouch*maybe be sneeky. most people get paid during the first and third week of the month. try going down there on the friday of those weeks after checks get deposited. Funds might be available then

Debbie - I am anxious to hear what happened since then! Were you able to get some "real" money out of this lady? I can't understand why someone would do this to anyone! Let us know how it ended....or if it hasn't already!?!? :eek:

Finally!!I FINALLY got my money from this lady. I was ticked off because I have not heard a peep from her and everytime I attempted to call her and be nice about it she just kept apologizing but never offering to even pay anything at all to me. Well, I know her check is direct deposit so I called her bank first thing Friday morning at 9am right as they opened and asked if she had the funds available in her account and she did. I snatched the kids up and headed to the bank as fast as I could get there :p before I even fed them breakfast...lol. I never even called her to tell her i did it. I figured that she did not have enough respect for me to try to even work it out so if she bounces more checks then that is her problem. I will not take any more orders from her, I dont care if they are cash money orders. i refuse to do business with ppl who have no respect for me. Thank god we can run our business as we want; that way I dont "have " to ever deal with her again and her show is finally behind me. :)

Debbie....glad you were able to get your money. I'm sorry it turned out to be a bad experience. Fortunately, MOST hosts are not like this. As you said, be thankful this is our business and we can run our business the way it works best for us.

Thanks for the update.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • SDTeaGirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
maldvs