• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Displaying the Garden Tools

In summary, the conversation was about finding a creative way to display new garden tools at a home show. Various ideas were suggested, including using clay pots, building a one-dimensional house with plywood and fake flowers, using a picket fence, and displaying the tools in a garden-themed cooking vessel with fresh produce. One participant shared a successful display at a recent sales meeting using plants in a bag with ice cubes to keep them fresh. The conversation also included a lot of love and missing each other.
ChefBevShu
Gold Member
Does anyone gave a creative way to display the new garden tools? I have a home show this weekend and wanted to draw some attention to them. Thanks in advance! :)

I am trying to work on this!! I am thinking a couple clay pots and from there, I have NO other ideas. I can see it in my mind, but I just do not have the resources to do it!!I am very interested in seeing what ideas people have. :)

PC Display.jpg This is a quick sketch of something I would like to create! I am planing to use plywood (painting ALL of it white) and then cutting it to look like a house (just one dimensional - will not look like a box). I have some extra "green grass" carpet that we had put on our porch (I am going to cover a piece of plywood with it and put the "house" on top of it).I have to wait until my order comes, so I can make sure I make it big/small enough for it all. I want to add some fake flowers to spruce it up and maybe even some of those tiny clay pots.Where the garden shears are sitting, I plan to build a little shelf to sit them on... or maybe try to figure out a way to hang them as well :)I might even try to build the house so that I can add doors and windows, and then add window flower boxes!! :) Wish me LUCK!! I will post pictures ASAP when I am finished.

.... OR, maybe I will just try to find an OLD picket fence piece and hang all my tools from it?? Get some "large" clay pots and plant real flowers in them?? or maybe fake (DO not really want to deal with the dirt/mud while moving them around!)

Cover the TTA with green corrugated bulletin board border, place gardening tools randomly in TTA and fill in with artificial floral and veggie/fruit pics. Instant garden.

chefa said:
Cover the TTA with green corrugated bulletin board border, place gardening tools randomly in TTA and fill in with artificial floral and veggie/fruit pics. Instant garden.
We shared this at the monthly sales meeting tonight!!! LOVE IT! I cannot wait to see pictures, because I have a garden event (formal garden walk/tour) that vendors will be located outside under tents. I have to come up with a display that makes my products garden themed... and I kind of want to share more than just the garden and picnic items... Any suggestions?

How about displaying some fresh produce in your RockCrok and DCB? I see tomatoes, carrots, apples, corn, potatoes, etc inside them. The theme would be from planting and gardening to the table. Fresh, Healthy and Yummy. Or you could put the ingredients in the cooking vessel that are part of a recipe that you have as a handout with your info on it.

Cross sell: Place the appropriate tool for each food next to it too!

I'm taking mine today with the bag and am putting a small box in the bottom of the bag and placing two plants in the bag so that the little box lifts them over the edge - one Basil and one red bell pepper. I'll be drawing for each of the two plants.

Great idea CMcGee!

CMcGee did you take a pic??

I did.... Garden tools.jpg After a little water the pepper plant perked up and it did wonders to highlight that we now have garden tools. :D

P.S. each morning of the three-day show I put 3-4 ice cubes in the pot on top of the soil. The cool water as they melted kept them fresh looking.

love this idea Colleen. Miss you.:love:

1. How do I properly clean and store garden tools after use?

After using garden tools, it is important to clean them with warm water and soap to remove any dirt or debris. Once clean, dry them off and store in a dry place, such as a shed or garage, to prevent rusting. You can also apply a thin layer of oil to metal tools to further prevent rust.

2. What is the best way to organize and display garden tools?

There are a few options for organizing and displaying garden tools. You can use a tool rack or pegboard to hang tools, or a tool caddy or tote to keep them organized and easily accessible. Another option is to use a garden tool stand, which allows you to store tools upright and keeps them from getting tangled.

3. How can I make my garden tools last longer?

To prolong the lifespan of your garden tools, it is important to properly clean and store them after use. Additionally, regularly sharpening blades and replacing worn out parts can help maintain their effectiveness. Using them for their intended purpose and avoiding excessive force can also prevent damage and prolong their use.

4. Can I display garden tools in my kitchen?

Yes, you can display smaller garden tools, such as herb scissors or herb strippers, in your kitchen. They can be hung on a kitchen utensil rack or stored in a utensil holder. However, larger garden tools, such as shovels or rakes, may be better suited for storage in a shed or garage.

5. How often should I replace my garden tools?

The lifespan of garden tools can vary depending on the quality and frequency of use. It is important to regularly inspect your tools for signs of wear and tear, and replace them as needed. For example, if a tool is rusted or has a broken handle, it may be time to replace it. Generally, high-quality garden tools can last for several years with proper care and maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefcharity
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Judybabe
  • milkangel