• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show off Your Excess: Creative Table Styling

In summary, the conversation discusses different approaches to displaying extra items at a show. Some consultants prefer to pass them around to guests, while others create a separate display table. Some consultants only bring what is needed for the recipe, while others bring a variety of items. It is mentioned that displaying items can help increase sales, but not all consultants are skilled at creating visually appealing displays.
pampered_rae
Gold Member
When you have "excess" items at you show, you knowthose that aren't used in the recipe. How do you display these?
I always try to make my table look pretty but I seem to fail, it always just looks like a bunch of stuff crammed on the table.

Sometimes I bring a small separate table on which to display extra items.

I don't bring a lot of extras - but the extras that I do bring, I put in a pile next to where I'll be doing my presentation, and then, at some point, I show "some of my other favorites, and new favorites" and I pass them around as I talk about them.
So, I don't really display them - I just try to get them into the hands of the guests. (I am not good at making displays either - so I don't spend my time trying.)

I don't display any extra items. If someone asks about an item in the catalog and I happen to have it in my bag, then I get it out and let them look at it.

I don't bring a lot of extras. I bring just what I need for the recipe and a few others. Like right now I'm bringing the pineapple wedger and a few other new things. I do exactly what Becky does--keep them on my demo table and pass them around.

Awesom ideas, I am going back to taking only what I need for the recipe. I like to take my tool turnabout because a lot of guests like to look at the gadgets and usually order some. I once met a former consultant who said "Boy, you don't bring much do you?!" I started taking more and honestly still didn't take out and talk about it. Now I just tell them I only bring what I need for the recipe. It makes my job look easier I think.

I'm one that does take extras and I disperse them around the room on end tables or coffee tables. If we are in the kitchen then the center of the table gets the goodies if I am at a counter. If there's no extra room I leave them in my bag and if some one asks for it, then I pull it out. I was only taking what I needed and my sales fell. If they have it to see it, they will buy it.
I know alot don't take this approach, but it has worked for me.

I do this too! I always take extras. I set them on another table or set them together...like the "new catalog" items. I find that a lot of people like to see the item or they will not buy it. I sold 4 silicone crown cake pans at one show just by bringing it. And it was not even used in the recipe. People just fell in love with it when they felt it and saw it up close. I try not to bring too much, mainly just the favs and the high priced

I take a lot of extras, just can't help myself. What I did was found a sturdy recgtangle basket. I arrange everything in it, and leave it that way. I carry it in and set it down some place, usually on the table where I will be working. Then I pick it up and take it home, and it just stays packed. I've been doing this for quite some time. At my show last week I over heard one guest say, "I want everything she keeps pulling out of that basket!" I just know how I shop, I'm visual !!

I am a very visual person too. I don't like to buy unless I can see it first and it passes the "test".
There is a consultant on our team that displays extra items all schnazzy and pretty and stuff and she swears that thisis the reason her sells are where they are. So I wanted to try and do the same. I just can't seem to get my display to look all pretty and stuff. It looks like just a bunch of stuff on a table.

pjpamchef said:
I take a lot of extras, just can't help myself. What I did was found a sturdy recgtangle basket. I arrange everything in it, and leave it that way. I carry it in and set it down some place, usually on the table where I will be working. Then I pick it up and take it home, and it just stays packed. I've been doing this for quite some time. At my show last week I over heard one guest say, "I want everything she keeps pulling out of that basket!" I just know how I shop, I'm visual !!

Do you have one of those laundry type whicker baskets? I like this idea. Do you maybe have a picture?

Thanks

I've started taking less, too. I will bring all of the cookbooks b/c usually someone asks about the recipes, and I'll take one or two of my favorite new products. Other than that, I'm tired of lugging everything in and out. I do like the idea about the basket, though.

I take several items, too. I like to see and touch and I think others do, too. I may not take the same things every time, but I have an assortment. It also depends on the space I have to work with in the host's home.

I use the collapsible crate to carry the items. I unload it and then turn it upside down and cover it with a denim PC table cloth I have (but any fabric would do). I will sometimes use an extra cookie cooling rack, too. This gives your presentation height. It makes the products stand out. It works for me and TRUST ME and I NOT a decorating kind of person!

Good luck!

I try to cut down what I take, but it is fun to look at the orders after the show and see that they order what I show them -- many of which I don't use. I try to limit my trips to the car to unload to 2, but usually it is 3. People never complain I take too much and my shows have been running in the 400-650 range.

I was taking my card table to most of my shows and setting up a nice display. But, I am now trying to scale down--it's just too much to carry! I had one host who wanted me to bring a ton of stuff. I did and it paid off. She had a $1100+ show!! The guests bought a lot of the tools we used to prepare the recipe (The interactive show reallly worked--once they got their hands on our great products, they just had to have them!) But this particular host REALLY worked to get those outside orders. I think I sold three trifle bowls at that show!!Unless a host asks for more, I plan to take the necessary tools, some of the new ones, and possibly some of my favorites. I do like to take the pocket thermometer and also the i-slice, as I think these are two great products that are overlooked, and they take up so little room.

1. What is "Show off Your Excess: Creative Table Styling"?

"Show off Your Excess: Creative Table Styling" is a workshop or demonstration offered by Pampered Chef that teaches customers how to creatively style their tables for events or everyday use. It showcases different ways to use excess kitchen and cooking items to decorate and elevate the look of your table setting.

2. Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to participate in this workshop?

No, you do not need to have Pampered Chef products to participate in "Show off Your Excess: Creative Table Styling". However, the workshop may feature some Pampered Chef items, but alternatives can always be used and suggested.

3. Who can attend this workshop?

This workshop is open to anyone who is interested in learning how to creatively style their table. It is a fun and interactive experience for customers of all ages.

4. Will I get to practice styling my own table during the workshop?

Yes, the workshop is designed to be hands-on and interactive. Participants will get the opportunity to practice styling their own table using the techniques and tips demonstrated by the Pampered Chef consultant.

5. How long is the workshop and what is included in the cost?

The workshop typically lasts for about 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the group. The cost includes all materials and supplies needed for the table styling, as well as the guidance and expertise of a Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessica Miller
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jessica Miller
  • mspibb
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies