• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeding Families at Disney: Level 2 Ideas without Breaking the Bank

In summary, a clustermate was told that because they are part of a group, they are not able to add the dining plan to their Disney itinerary. They plan to save money by buying gift cards and eating out only one time per day.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
What is everyone that earned Level 2 of Disney doing for their families' meals there? I wanted to do the dining plan and add it on, but since we aren't technically getting a package ourselves I was told we cannot. So, any ideas out there? I want to know what I should save for meals without going broke or on the other end starving myself when we go either. (not that I wouldn't want to lose a few lbs. LOL!)

We stayed at Shades of Green when we visited in February and opted not to do a meal plan as it was a short notice trip. DH budgeted $75 per breakfast and lunch and $125 for dinner. We never even got close except the night we ate at Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom.
We ate breakfast at our hotel, lunch or a variation of it in the park and dinner at our hotel. The transit system makes it SO easy to get around! BUT we did not have any speical character meals or eat anywhere special as we knew we were going back for a longer trip in a few years...

I'm going to talk to HO when we get the call. I bet we can add it on. I have the "Guide to Disney 2007" and the prices for meals then (haven't had a chance to look up on line yet for current prices) said that it started at $38/day for over 10yrs and $10 for 3yr-10yr old/day. There are certain places we can eat - but it looked like there would be plenty of choices. I think I'm taking breakfast stuff and keeping it in the room fridge though.

I just went in Dec... I spent $50 at lunch if we sat down, and around $50-60 at dinner. We are a family of four with two boys ages 12 and 13. I hope that helps with your budgeting to eat.

My Director gave me a $25.00 Gift Card for Disney last night for earning level 2 ...........So I had an Idea to save money for the trip I may just buy more gift cards once in a while now till June and just put them away .
( cause when I hide cash I know where ai hide it )

chefcharity said:
I'm going to talk to HO when we get the call. I bet we can add it on.

A clustermate called the Meetings and Incentives department and found out that because we are part of a group, we are not able to add the dining plan.

There is a website that has all of the Disney menus posted from the parks, resorts, Downtown Disney, etc. It's allears.net
Lot's of other good info., too.

You can buy gift cards or Disney dollars at any Disney retail store, we are letting our kids earn the dollars over the next couple months for their spending. You might want to get some each month to save for the trip!

DebbieJ said:
A clustermate called the Meetings and Incentives department and found out that because we are part of a group, we are not able to add the dining plan.

Yeah, wish we could tho. Would make it so much easier (and cheaper) to not have that to worry about. I do like the idea of gift cards though as I know where I hide money too! However, I need a system however or lockbox that I could stick the cards in so I don't want to use those too.

I just got the book, the unoffical guide to disney world. Great tips on saving money. I think we are going to use a town car service instead of the Magic Express. They stop at a grocery store for you and drop you off. I am going to load up on lil' boxes of cereal, milk, juice boxes, etc. will will try to only eat one meal at a restraunt. Another tip a mom gave was each day she filled a snack bag for her kids, they were free to eat when and what ever they wanted during the day. She packed it with granola bars, gum,fruit snacks, juice box. It was a something new every day. Once it was gone it was gone. She also got nice water bottles with hooks on them. They hung them on their shorts or bags and filled while waiting in line. I highly recommend the book.

We go to Disney quite frequently since we are only a few hours away, we are probably there 3 to 4 times a year, but my advice especially for those of you who this is a rare trip to is just to plan on eating there, yes it is a bit more, but they have so many cool restaurants that are unique experiences for the kiddos (if you want any advice on cool ones to visit with the kids just ask!) and just think of the money you are saving by not having to pay for your hotel and tickets. Unless you have a stroller, which even then you don't want to leave anything in it when you are waiting in line (we have had ours taken before) it gets heavy carrying all those things around and it is going to be very very hot when PC is there!

smspamperedchef said:
Yeah, wish we could tho. Would make it so much easier (and cheaper) to not have that to worry about. I do like the idea of gift cards though as I know where I hide money too! However, I need a system however or lockbox that I could stick the cards in so I don't want to use those too.

get Disney gift cards or mickey dollars, they can ONLY be used at Disney, so you won't be able to use them elsewhere!!

mscharf said:
get Disney gift cards or mickey dollars, they can ONLY be used at Disney, so you won't be able to use them elsewhere!!

Good idea! Thanks!

My boys at the time will be 15 and 12 so no strollers for them! We've had one taken at Six Flags before. (actually someone had a identical stroller and their's was broken and they took our good one and gave us their broken one.) Nice, huh?

Does anyone know what day the Exclusive Dinner at Disney's Hollywood studio will be. I too what to make reservations, but not sure on the day dinner is on PC. Thanks in advance.

The dinner will be on Tuesday.

Darcy said:
Does anyone know what day the Exclusive Dinner at Disney's Hollywood studio will be. I too what to make reservations, but not sure on the day dinner is on PC. Thanks in advance.

The itinerary is on CC and the dinner is listed there.

Darcy said:

The agenda is on CC under the trip details and rules. HS night is Tues. the 15th. Also note that us Level 2ers get breakfast on MK day. That was a nice surprise, though getting up that early in the AM is going to be a killer.

I haven't checked to see if Coronado Springs has a fridge in the room. Be sure to request one if you plan on needing it. You still may have to call the front desk to get one when you arrive if it's not in your room. And there will most likely be a fee for the fridge.

My little guy is such a picky eater. When we were there a year ago he ate popcorn for lunch at least once. I'll be happy to spend the $$ on ice cream and drinks b/c the heat may keep us from being too hungry. I'm not lugging water bottles around and refilling them at the water fountains, though you can certainly do that.

Becca, I don't think Corondo Springs has fridges in them, but you can request them for I think 10 dollars a day, at least I am pretty sure that is what we paid the last time we were there and rented one.

We packed a ton of food in '05 when it was an incentive trip so we rarely ate out. My sister is a huge planner, so we had bagel-sandwiches, chips, etc. Problem was, we were running very late for the plane on the last day so she threw ALL of her "cooking" essentials into her carry-on, including a quite large knife! Security found it and cops were called and blah, blah, blah. It was a little scary! So we might be a bit more careful this year, though!

We were there a coupld of years ago, and i have to say that the food was not that bad. I thought water would be and it was normal cost that you would find at the gas station.

Does anyone know what the most inexpensive park is? Since I'm level 2 we get three-day park hoppers. And we'll be there 4 days, so I know we'll want to purchase tickets for one of the parks. Anyone know?

Stacie you are correct, it seems like they have gotten more reasonable in their prices, but I think because of the increased prices in soda and what not everywhere else, theirs just seems more in line with other places.

Kelly8 said:
Does anyone know what the most inexpensive park is? Since I'm level 2 we get three-day park hoppers. And we'll be there 4 days, so I know we'll want to purchase tickets for one of the parks. Anyone know?

The price is the same for all parks.

Kelly8 said:

You can add days to your Park Hopper once you enter a park. Go to WDW's website and pretend you're going to purchase park tickets. After you start the transaction, scroll down the page and you get a chart. It shows how much it is for each additional day and to add options. Subtract a 3-day Park Hopper from a 4-day Park Hopper and that's how much more per ticket you'll have to pay. It gets ridiculously cheap to add a day. We're going to add the Water Parks & More option as well as a few days. It might be a good idea for you to read Disney's description of a Park Hopper ticket so you know what PC is giving us. If your group doesn't want to do everything at every park, you can hit more than one park in a day. Also, depending on your travel plans, you may not want to do a park on day 4.

Thought of that Becca! (of not going to a park on the last day or first day). But I'm looking at very early flights in and very late flights out. I can sleep when I get home. I have been very stressed and I'm soooo looking forward to acting like a child again that I just want to absorb as much as Disneyworld as I can! :p

Having only visited one park in the past I really have no idea what to expect. Is there plenty to do outside of the parks? I have requested the DVD and information but still waiting for it. I am getting excited after reading all of your ideas.

jbondr said:
Having only visited one park in the past I really have no idea what to expect. Is there plenty to do outside of the parks? I have requested the DVD and information but still waiting for it. I am getting excited after reading all of your ideas.

We don't have enough time to really visit all the parks let alone do anything outside the parks! I'm sure you'll find yourself wanting to go back again.

I agree with Deb-- you won't have much time to do anything outside the parks, or desire too!! :) We're flying in two days early to spend time with BIL at Tampa (have to hit the beach) and maybe staying a day or two later to have more time at the parks. Even with 3-4 days, you won't be able to see/do everything at Disney!

Im trying to figure out for the level 3 achievers how we are suppose to get our 4 day hopper passes in when we dont' check in until Sunday and have to check out Wed. morning...does anyone else wish we didn't have to check out until Thursday? Just a thought!

kreaser said:
Im trying to figure out for the level 3 achievers how we are suppose to get our 4 day hopper passes in when we dont' check in until Sunday and have to check out Wed. morning...does anyone else wish we didn't have to check out until Thursday? Just a thought!

It's the same for level 2, just minus a day. I think A LOT of people will be buying an extra night at the hotel to make full use of those park hoppers.

Can someone explain to me the early pick up of park hopper passes on the agenda? Can we pick them up on Friday or Sat and use them?

Also if we start on Sunday, then the 4th day will be Wednesday so we will have to check out and then go to the parks or add on an additional night correct?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lakamper
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies