• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disney Level 2 Earners: Planning Your Trip & Saving Money on Meals

In summary, Level 2 earners are planning on going in a day or two early, staying at the same hotel, and eating out. They also have plans to do a character breakfast on Sunday and to drive down Friday and stay until the following Friday/Saturday.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Question for all Level 2 earners. What are your plans? Planning on going in a day or two early? Staying at same hotel if you are? If not, where?
What are your plans for extra meals out of pocket? Any great ways to save money? I've heard the Coronado Springs meals are extremely expensive according to many reviews, but need to know how everyone is budgeting accordingly since there are several meals out of pocket. Last time our family went we got the Dining plan which was AWESOME! We went to most expensive restaurants and it didn't hurt. :)
However, can't do the dining plan this round.

So, give me some great feedback. Thanks!

Hey Sharon -
I've never stayed at the Coronado, and I didn't earn the trip but we do go down every year. Here are a few tips I can give you. We are a family of four with two teenage boys.

I budget $100/day for food. We eat a quick breakfast(bagels and juice/coffee). We will then get a snack like popcorn or pretzels around 10 or 11. Eat at a counter food place for lunch around 2pm (usually costs about $40) then eat a late dinner either at a table service or counter place. We usually only do one or two "big meals" everytime but that is always paid for in advance because we reserve ahead of time. Just what we do, everyone is different.

Jordan and I are definitely going to have to budget. I know that we will get two $75 giftcards for Downtown Disney (we are doing the Acheiver plus 1). We are going to fly in the Thursday evening before rent a car and then spend Friday & Saturday with his Grandma who lives on Vero Beach. We will stay at a hotel while we are there because his grandma lives in a retirement community. We will then drive back on Sunday for the trip. We will extend our Disney trip by one day and stay on Wednesday and then fly back on Thursday. So, we are really going to have to plan and budget for this trip.

Remember that breakfast will be provided on Monday and Tuesday for all earners...

KimberleePowell said:
Remember that breakfast will be provided on Monday and Tuesday for all earners...

Level 2 doesn't get breakfast Tuesday according to the agenda, only levels 3 and 4. It says Level 2: Breakfast on own. Just fyi.

We plan to do a character breakfast on Sunday. It will be a good way to kick off the trip, and these are a lot of food, so, we'll be full for awhile and can probably plan on something light for lunch.

We are driving down, so, we're probably going to pack snacks like fruit and stuff like that.

And, we are driving down Friday, right after school/work. We plan to stay until the following Friday/Saturday, but there's a good chance we'll be staying with friends/relatives for part of that.

Monday 14th level 2 Breakfast is the provided only day
Wear your T-shirt day!
5:45 a.m. – 7:45 a.m.
Buffet Breakfast at ALL Hotels

Will the First Time Achievers receive breakfast on Tuesday? I know that it specifies where level 3 and level 4 will have breakfast but I wasn't sure if maybe level 2 might also get a First Time Achiever breakfast as well- just not as nice...

Nope, just level 3 as far as I understand. It was one of the "perks" mentioned in earning level 3 initially.

I emailed HO about whether or not First Time Achievers get free breakast on Tuesday, and this is the response I received:

"Dear Kimberlee,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. According to the information on Consultants Corner, Level 2 is Breakfast on your own. If you are a First Time Achiever, you will receive a special invitation with more details."

I emailed them back asking for clarification. The email above makes me think that all First Time Achievers receive breakfast on Tuesday and if you achieved level 3 or level 4 you too get breakfast whether you are a First Time Achiever or not...

I thought that only first time achievers of level 3 and 4 earned the special breakfast. It would be super cool if the level 2 achievers did too!! I bet it would be awesome! Let us know what they say!!!

I think that it would be awesome too if all First Time Achievers got free breakfast on Tuesday...I will definitely let you know what I hear back from HO.

First Time Achievers stuff is usually for levels 3 & 4 only.

DebbieJ said:
First Time Achievers stuff is usually for levels 3 & 4 only.

Not necessarily. Miami was my first trip and we had a First Time Achievers reception. We'll probably have more details in another 2-3 weeks or so.

The cruise had one too but mine was a special 1st time achievers top performer for level 2 with the officers from the Pampered Chef.
It might not even be breakfast, it could be for another meal totally.

All the trips I went on the 1st time Achevers off all levels get the breakfast , Not only 3 or 4
This is special for ALL 1st timers

chef131doreen said:
All the trips I went on the 1st time Achevers off all levels get the breakfast , Not only 3 or 4
This is special for ALL 1st timers

My first trip was a level 2 and there was no special gathering. So I'm just going on my experience. And the Disney itinerary says just levels 3 & 4 for the first time achiever breakfast.

Yes, Deb, I'm looking at Itinerary right now -- it says "First Time Achievers Breakfast: Levels 3 and 4 First Time Achievers and their guests will enjoy breakfast at Disney's Contemporary Resort."
So, if they do a special First Time Achiever's reception, it is not on the itinerary.

I believe the First Time Achievers Breakfast for Levels 3 and 4 only will be a character breakfast (Mickey?) at the Contemporary. Repeat level 3 and 4 achievers will have their regular breakfast buffet at their resort. Us Level 2ers are on our own except for the Mon. morning breakfast. Initially they said no meals were included with Level 2 except for the HS evening event. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we get a breakfast, plus the vouchers for fruit and beverages at MK.

We finally made our decision on how long to stay and booked our flights. The fares were staying the same on Air Tran so I didn't want to wait any longer. If you have a Discover Card, there's an extra 5% cash back right now on airlines and hotels. You have to sign up for the "extra" on the Discover site before your transaction. I'm only paying an extra $140 for our flights after all of that. It would have been less but I "splurged" to get our seat assignments ahead of time so we can sit together.

We're arriving Sunday and will just hang at the hotel pool, maybe hit Downtown Disney for dinner and an early evening to bed. We're going to extend 2 nights, hopefully upgrading to the Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian if we can get PC's rates at the C or GF. It will be an interesting discussion with the travel agency to see what the room rates are and if they can get a special rate at the Polynesian. This is probably our family vacation for the year so I want to be at a Monorail resort. But, we'll extend at CS if we can't get good rates at the others. DH thought we would spend an extra $2,500 :eek: on the trip but I'm looking to keep it closer to the $1,000 mark, which probably won't happen with having to get meals. Thankfully my son is happy with popcorn for some meals. The joys of having a picky eater. Plus the heat will make them less hungry and more thirsty. There is a refillable mug program at the resort.

I feel like I'm behind in my planning. Now to look at the EMHs and plan park strategy a bit more and then see what the meals will look like. DH and I don't feel a character meal will be necessary but I think the kids (5 and 7) have different ideas. We're going to hit a water park one day, too. There's even a walking path from CS to Blizzard Beach, not that I'm going to want to walk it in the heat of June.

I just returned from Disney with my 13 year old daughter on Friday. A GREAT resource you really must check out before you go is mousesavers.com. Check out "time is money" and "meals, snacks, and drinks." So many great tips. Even how to get the most out of the park with least amount of waiting.
For dining we saved so much by knowing where to go before we got there rather than walking up to any restaurant when we would have been already hungry. Example, some counter restaurants offer the same food as sit down restaurants around the corner but at significant savings. See details at mousesavers. In addition, Disney now allows you to bring food into the parks, so plan on bringing a backpack. We made a quick stop along the way at Walmart for Smucker's PB & Js, Starkist tuna salad lunchables, fruit, pringles, bottled water & drink mixes (breakfast items for the hotel: hot cocoa and instant oatmeal, etc-use the coffee maker for the hot water).
BTW...CUTE Mickey Mouse T-shirt from Walmart was $7 ... same shirt at Disney was $28... their sweatshirts were $50. If you don't plan on having a rental car, shop before you go or see if you can get grocery service in FL for a nominal fee.
There are so many great tips on-line that really make the difference.
Example: when you go to the Magic Kingdom arrive early before gates open. Rather than walk down main street towards the Castle LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES... board the train and get off at the first stop. You will have Frontier Land all to your self including Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain. Worked for us! Also read up about Fast Passes... they will save you lots too.
Hope you all have a great time,
Jen

I just got off the phone with HO. First -time achievers breakfast is 3 and 4 only. Level 2 only gets the meals that are listed, whether you are a first time acheiver or not.

Did they happen to say when the travel company will start contacting people? I'm surprised they haven't yet. I know they said in Feb., but we're past the halfway point for the month.

I was just thinking the same thing. My director called HO about the travel the beginning of the month and they said the email would be going out that week. I still haven't heard anything, but would like to get my hotel booked. I am afraid that with summer quickly approaching that they won't have room for us to add on days to the hotel!

I assume PC blocked rooms at the hotels, but I'm with you. Getting nervous about getting my extra days booked and knowing what's available at what price and don't know if PC booked blocks of rooms past the incentive dates. May have to book some rooms on my own and cancel later, though Disney keeps running commercials promoting package deals so I'm sure they're not at capacity.

I caled too they said this week some time we would get an e-mail
I can't wait either I want to know it's done

I just got my registration email !! :)

so has anyone else had travel headquarters get their airfair before? Do they get great deals or how do we know what price we will get? I have gotten all the way to the credit card info and I haven't seen any info about the airfair prices. Also, so then does our $600 allowance just come off the top of whatever they get and we pay the rest? Any insight would be great!

Okay! I am a little frustrated right now. I tried to register and it wouldn't let me without flight information. Well, of course, I don't have that until I know how many extra nights I can get. I only want one night. I called and the person who is in charge has left for the day. It seems they have a glitch in the program and it only wants to register me as purchasing tickets through them. I thought PC was the only ones with glitches :) Now, I must wait until tomorrow. I really hope this doesn't mean I can't get the extra day I would like to have. Ahhhhh...all this time waiting and I am still waiting. Anyone else with glitches?

I think it's odd that it won't show that I extended my stay. I called the Disney Coronado hotel number and was transfered to their automated system which asked me for my 8 or 12 digit reservation number. Don't have it.

Now I'm on hold for ITA trying to get a human...

I have a feeling that the ITA is being flooded with calls this evening. I was on hold but just for a few minutes earlier this evening. Now I am on "hold" until tomorrow when I can talk with a supervisor.

Got through and was told a supervisor would fix my checkout date to the 17th and I would get an email that will confirm it.

I just tried calling, too, and was on hold. I'm sure they're flooded with PC people. The automated is nice registration is nice up to a point. I want to extend and it recognizes it due to my airline dates, but I want to change hotels so need to talk to a human to see if I can do that.

lakamper said:
so has anyone else had travel headquarters get their airfair before? Do they get great deals or how do we know what price we will get? I have gotten all the way to the credit card info and I haven't seen any info about the airfair prices. Also, so then does our $600 allowance just come off the top of whatever they get and we pay the rest? Any insight would be great!

When I traveled with PC with airfare included, travel HQ e-mailed me the flights they found and I agreed. I had already looked online to see what flights I wanted so it was really just me telling them what to book. I booked my own flights for Disney. Check a few of the lower cost carriers based in your area such as Southwest, AirTran, and Jet Blue as well as Expedia, Orbitz or Travelocity to see what kind of fares you can get on the dates you want and the schedules available and direct or connecting flights. See if you can get them for below $600. Mine ended up being $750 for 4. I was happy. Remember that you won't get the travel allowance in a commission check until early April at the latest. If you can't float the purchase of the tickets then have travel HQ do it, but anything over $600 they will charge you for along with the $45 booking fee.

I registered too today and also called They said they have the extra day in they just have to get everything set with the hotel How may extra days . The Rehgistation is over Feb 28th then they will contact us about the exrta nights we put in for

BUT I would say REGISTER then you can call with any questions ect . Yes I already had my air paid for myself it was 778 I am happy too

I too had problems. I too was told there was a glitch and would get an email or phone call when it was fixed. I am sure that they held quite a few rooms for the days before/after the "PC" trip. I just want it done!!! I am so excited to know that it is all taken care of and that I can just plan it!!

I know the feeling Katie. I am excited and just want to know that the plans are finalized. I have airfare ready to book but just waiting to talk with ITA about the extra night. I hope to get things going tomorrow.

WE are finalized!!! We are driving, so we took the travel voucher. Extended 2 days prior to go with the grandparents, ohhh my kids can't wait!

Check out allears.net for dining menus at all of the parks and hotels. Also, look into southwest for flights! Excellent prices! Got airfare for DH and I roundtrip for $365 to Orlando, FL (MCO). Didn't earn the trip but decided to take a trip of our own!!

So I just thought I would share with you all the information I found out today about the park hopper passes Deb at home office told me they were 4 day hopper pass and to check with the disney hotline about ticket upgrades she thought it was around 10.00 so I called today and the lady told me that to upgrade the tickets for extra days are just 3.00 + tax every day you want to add and you can add them on at the park just find a guest service person and they can do it for you. So for 2 extra days for us it is only 25.58 my husband is totally happy with that !!!!

Just thought I would share

The level 2 park hoppers are 3 day.

The info on the Travel Services site says to upgrade your park hoppers at the hotel, not a park. It may be b/c PC paid a different rate for the hoppers and the hotel can adjust them accordingly while guest services at a park may not be able to. Yup, very cheap to add additional days to the tickets. We'll probably add the Water Parks & More option since one of the water parks is within walking distance of the Coronado Springs, though I'm not sure I want to walk when it's 90 degrees outside.

I've been looking on hotels.com etc. and have found cheaper rates for the Coronado than the $160 thru PC. I'm hesitant to drop my extra days through the travel company and get them through hotels.com b/c I don't want to mess anything up.

When I called the hotel today I questioned that as well and they said they can't do the upgrades, guest services at the park can. I talked with Deb at home office and she said level 2 gets 4 day hopper passes so that is what I am going off of.

Becca check on the disneyworld.com I managed to get Coronado for cheaper then the 160.00 price pampered chef was able to give us. You don't mess anything up I booked and we are staying the whole time at the same hotel and they are picking us up at the airport as well and returning us when you stay at disney hotels that is part of their benefits. So I would book somewhere else for cheaper if you can :)

everything behindCC says 3 day park hoppers. so who knows!https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/disney09_brochure.pdfLevel Two – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
• Three (3) nights at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
• $600 travel allowance
• Four (4) three-day Park Hopper® Passes
• Exclusive Pampered Chef® early morning hours
at Magic Kingdom® Park
• Exclusive Pampered Chef® evening with dinner
at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
200 Disney dollars for 2008-2009
Top Performance Cluster achievers

Last edited:
Has anyone started setting up their itineraries yet on the Disney site??

Have you made diner reservations?

Did you know about the Star Wars weekends at Holywood studios - my DS (6) will be so excited to see storm troopers....

What about making some custom maps?

I am a Level 2 acheiver from Canada and can use some help from someone in the US, who would be willing to mail me some Disney custom maps!!

Please PM me if you can help.

I am so excited to be going!!!

Cat

I called the travel agency last week. This just seems too simple. I called they said packets on the trip will be fed exed on or around May 21st!! That is just a month away! I am so pumped. I have booked reservations. Just FYI, if you want reservations book them now. had a hard time getting good times and can't even get into 2 restraunts that we wanted. So pumped!!

cookn' katie said:
I called the travel agency last week. This just seems too simple. I called they said packets on the trip will be fed exed on or around May 21st!! That is just a month away! I am so pumped. I have booked reservations. Just FYI, if you want reservations book them now. had a hard time getting good times and can't even get into 2 restraunts that we wanted. So pumped!!

:blushing:How do you make reservations? I haven't been able to figure it out :)

Room???? You can book them with the our travel agent or get them thru Disney. I just added the extra days on with the travel agent, since we added on to both sides of the "earned" trip.
Food???? You go to Disney's web site and place them. I had a hard time getting into some of the ones I really wanted to go to!! But, I have read great things about all of them. If you want to see the menu's and reviews, the best site I have seen is, Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World
Hhttp://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/?sortBy=nG:hasReserveOnlineFacet&fv_221990=o here is the link for Disney~
Good luck and let me know which ones you pick!!

Thanks Katie. We've got our room added, just didn't know about the rest of the stuff. Will have to check it out.

christinaspc said:
So I just thought I would share with you all the information I found out today about the park hopper passes Deb at home office told me they were 4 day hopper pass and to check with the disney hotline about ticket upgrades she thought it was around 10.00 so I called today and the lady told me that to upgrade the tickets for extra days are just 3.00 + tax every day you want to add and you can add them on at the park just find a guest service person and they can do it for you. So for 2 extra days for us it is only 25.58 my husband is totally happy with that !!!!

Just thought I would share

can you tell me what you mean when you say you are upgrading your ticket? Does that mean adding extra days or what? We are thinking about getting a few more days and wondering where and how we go about doing that! Thanks :):love:

Call disney direct and tell him you have a 3day hopper pass and you want to add more days and they will tell you how much it is to add a day and tell you to find any guest servicce person at the park and they can exchange the tickets for the extra days and you pay them directly.

Diet is now really on 6 weeks to go whaoo !!!!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
KimberleePowell
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookn' katie