• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PC Struggles: Tips to Revive Your Passion and Succeed

In summary, Sandi's business has been going down for the past few months. She is considering quitting, but is encouraged by a contest she entered and a conversation with another consultant.
jgajmom
Gold Member
So, I've been doing PC for almost a year now. Started off doing really well, but it has seemed to fizzle out on me. I am really considering quitting, but I want to give it one more go before i give up. Any suggestions for getting things moving again? I really want to make this work. I love PC and their proucts!

This happened to me last fall. I didn't want to quit but didn't know what to do. My director suggested craft fairs/bazaars. That was the ticket for me. It really helped boost my business and my confidence. Because I HAD to talk to strangers as they walked by my booth, I got used to talking to people. It helped me open up when I was out and about, and made it easier to make customer care calls. If you've been in for almost a year, those customers from your first shows are great sources for potential shows. You could tell them you're having a special for your first customers on your first anniversary month - offer the cool & serve free (purchased as the host special, you pay the difference). Find community yard sales, set up a table, offer a raffle prize, have people fill out the door prize slips, and call everyone and tell them they won a free show. Everyone has ups and downs. You love PC, so don't give up, go for it! You'll be glad you did.

This happened to me too! I have to admit that I had absolutely no support from my recruiter so I focused too much of my attention resenting that instead of focusing on my goals. The more I put off my 3-2-1 plan the bigger and more intimidating my phone became. Then, I was challenged by someone in my cluster to see who could get the most shows on their calendar in a 1 hour booking blitz. We gave each other one day to create our list of 50-60 names and a script and we texted each other the next day at 7PM... Ready, Set, BLITZ!!!

I called these names and told them about my contest and how excited I was to share the host/guest specials with whomever I was on the phone with and plugged along. In that one hour, I made 18 calls. Spoke to 8 people. Booked 5 shows. Got 4 recruit leads, 2 of which set actual appointment dates and I set up a wedding registry!!

It was amazing and the fuel I needed to re-group. Re-set my goals, and get my business back on track.

If you want help with accountability, send me an email and I'll be your personal cheerleader. :chef:

That is wonderful Brenda! Too often we get consumed with what we see as unfair instead of seeing all of the potential around us! Great example for all of us!

Do you plan on attending conference? If you can swing it, I recommend it. I was sitting on the fence about my business and decided to attend and see what happened. My business did a 180. Its like getting an infusion! Now I've been with the busniness almost 11 years!

Sandi

Thanks everyone. I actually got with it today and started going for the no's. I have 9 so far and one booking. I really wish I could go to conference, but my in-laws are coming up from Florida during that time.

Please remember that all businesses have ebbs and flows...just like life. To quote Dori from Finding Nemo, you gotta "just keep swimming". The months that are the slowest with our company are the "J" months (Jan., June and July). That said, there is plenty of business to be had. Take this time of "ebb" to become a student of your business and it will happen. Learn as much as you can: Online training courses, other consultants, etc.

Nanisu said:
Please remember that all businesses have ebbs and flows...just like life. To quote Dori from Finding Nemo, you gotta "just keep swimming". The months that are the slowest with our company are the "J" months (Jan., June and July). That said, there is plenty of business to be had. Take this time of "ebb" to become a student of your business and it will happen. Learn as much as you can: Online training courses, other consultants, etc.

That's totally not the case for me. In fact, those would be three of my better months.

The slowest months for me are April, May, and August. I can track that back for 8 years!

Other than October/November, my highest month is usually January. Followed by July.

@jgajmom, the key to this business is in the follow up. When one of my consultants tell me they are in a slump, 99% of the time it is because they are not picking up the phone. Start calling all of your customers, even from 1 year ago. Do a customer care call and ask them about their products. Then say, I know when we met at Suzy's party you were not interested in having a party, but I have to tell you the host special this month is great can I tell you about it." If she says yes, then you have you foot in the door.

Hope this helps.

For me January, May and either July or August are the slowest... sometimes June is strong and last year July/August was off the books strong! I like the suggestions here. Keep them coming! I have 2 fairs at the end of the month and I MUST turn in something by the end of the month or lose 13K in career sales.

I too like the suggestions and appreciate everyone that is sharing.

So many great comments and reality. It is important that you revisit your why too. What do YOU want for the biz...what's your motivation. Then set an action plan and go through those no's til you get more than you need. So if you decide you're doing 6 shows, go through those calls and contacts until you hit 8...or, even better...keep going and continue through July.

Once you know the why, the how is easy.

You may need to stretch out of your comfort zone and make those contacts. Phone calls to your maybe's, your reschedules and prior cancellations. Make out & about contacts...ask everyone.

Sounds like you've already decided to "take charge, take action"...that's awesome! Now, keep going. Our biz really is great. We can have slow moments, pause and then pick up the pace whenever we decide too.

Set those goals though...know where you've decided you're heading. Short term and long term.

Wishing you a booming biz!!

To expand on Laurie's point, I was at a networking event last night with a life coach. She was great. One of the things she said was that if you really focus on your "WHY," the number of "Hows" it takes won't matter. Conversely, if your "WHY" isn't something that really matters to you (if it isn't a priority or is no longer a focus for you), it's not really a "WHY."

Thanks a ton everyone. You all are so supportive! :love: I actually got two more catty shows last night. :D Maybe I can turn this around after all.

jgajmom said:
Thanks a ton everyone. You all are so supportive! :love: I actually got two more catty shows last night. :D Maybe I can turn this around after all.

It only takes one show to completely turn around your business! I think we've all had those moments at some point where we've wondered where to go next, and then we get that one show...which becomes another show, and then another...

Great job!

Perfectly said Rae! And Becky is right, it only takes one show. Keep going, get more than you wanted and change that maybe to confidently knowing that your actions WILL result in positive motion for your business.

Congrats on taking action...kudos on the catty's. Now, how many shows do you want...then go for it!

1. How can I stay motivated when I feel discouraged in my business?

One strategy is to set small, achievable goals for yourself and celebrate each milestone. Another is to surround yourself with a supportive community, whether it be other Pampered Chef consultants or friends and family who can offer encouragement and advice. Additionally, taking breaks and practicing self-care can help prevent burnout and keep you motivated.

2. What can I do if I feel like I'm not reaching my sales goals?

First, make sure you have a clear understanding of your goals and how to achieve them. Review your sales techniques and consider trying new strategies. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for advice and support. Additionally, taking advantage of any training or resources provided by Pampered Chef can help improve your sales success.

3. How do I handle rejection and criticism from potential customers?

Remember that rejection is a normal part of any sales business. It's important to not take it personally and instead use it as an opportunity to learn and improve. Practice active listening and ask for feedback from your customers to better understand their needs and concerns. Also, remember to focus on the positive interactions and successes you have with customers.

4. What can I do if I am feeling overwhelmed with my workload?

Start by prioritizing your tasks and delegating when possible. It's also important to set boundaries and not take on more than you can handle. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your upline or fellow consultants. Additionally, make sure to take breaks and practice self-care to avoid burnout.

5. How do I handle setbacks and failures in my business?

Remember that setbacks and failures are learning opportunities. Take time to reflect on what went wrong and how you can improve in the future. Don't be too hard on yourself and instead focus on the progress you have made. Also, reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and advice on how to overcome the setback.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StephsKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • Tropicalburstqt2