• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discouraged and Annoyed...a Vent

In summary, the conversation covers a situation where the two hosts originally agreed to host a show together, but one of them has not contacted the other to confirm attendance or to reschedule. The other host is preparing to host the show alone, and is worried about how they will make money.
MaddyandOwensMom
As far as I know, my only show for March (and I take full responsibility for that problem!) is going to have ONE GUEST! Now this is what is really annoying me about this situation. I have one friend, we'll call Annie, who said she wanted a show in September. She eventually booked for 1/6, then 3/8 and then decided to co-host for 3/29. The other host, we'll call her Mary, also a friend, originally booked for 12/8, then 12/15, then jumped on the 1/6 date. They both settled on the 3/29. For at least three weeks now, I have been asking for the addresses for the invites. I also said I'd pay for the food. Two weeks ago, I said to both of them that I really needed the addresses in the next two days, figuring I'd get the invites out with a week and a half to go before the show. Nada from both of them. I ended up sending 14 invites to our mutual friends last week figuring that would be a start. Annie went on vacation and ignored all my calls. Mary said to drop off a host packet and she'd hand out the invites as she saw people. She had told me previously she would call everyone because she didn't have addresses and apparently was not interested in obtaining them although I repeatedly told her (very nicely) that calls are great, but people need a piece of paper they can tack on their fridge to remind them. So I never hear from Annie at all, so I can only assume that she has not invited anyone. I don't even know if she is actually coming to the show itself. I get a call from Mary this morning that she "really didn't see anyone this week" and she "hasn't heard from anyone" except some people who can't make it. How do you expect to have a show when you don't invite anyone? I think I have been more then generous with being flexible with the dates and bringing the food. I am now out another host packet and I have no opportunity to book for April out of this. I was really hoping that with two hosts, I'd get at least the 40 invites out. Now I have no shot at earning the 1/2 price Conference credit.
I am hoping to at least see if I can piece together a small show with outside orders. I'm more than happy to show up tomorrow with something to make. I was planning Cheeseburger Salad. I was so excited about the new products, recipes, and that I am really working on more efficient host packets, recruit packets, and presentation.

Well, that's my vent! Sorry it's long, but I am trying so hard not to be discouraged. I have such a hard time picking myself up from things like this! I just hit $15, 000 in sales in February too (Tooting my own horn! Toot! Toot!)

Jessica

Well, normally in a situation where I feel like the host has totally flaked out on me, I leave a little message for them and it says something like this: "so sorry that you've been incredibly busy here lately and haven't been able to get back in touch with me. But I'm excited about your show tomorrow at 11:00. I'll be there at 10:15 and I'll go ahead and pick up the ingredients for a fabulous recipe, and then I'll just do mapquest for how to get to your house". That ALWAYS gets me a reply within about 2 hours or less. HOWEVER, since you know these ladies and obviously know where they live (I'm assuming you've known them for a while since you have mutual friends?) then that won't work. I'd just be flat out honest with them. Call tonight and say, hey Annie, I want you to be honest with me and tell me if you aren't really wanting to have the show? We've rescheduled and I wasn't ever able to mail out invites and I'm just kindof getting a vibe that you don't really want to do the show. This is a job for me - and without your show, I will be unemployed for the evening/afternoon. My family counts on this income. So, if you aren't able to have the show I need to know so I can try to make other arrangements to have another show asap to make the money I'm going to lose from your show. Harsh, I know. And maybe I wouldn't really say all of that exactly like that, but I can GUARANTEE you I'd get my point across. There are too many people that don't consider this a real job and think it's no big deal to blow us off. We need to set them straight!!!
I'm sorry this has been such a bummer for you - but if nothing else, use the time that you would've been at the show to get on the phone and get your April booked up!! I did that last night and 3 cooking shows for April, 1 for May, 1 for June and 2 catalog shows. It really does work - we just have to do it!!!!

Thanks for the support! I actually have said to the one friend that if she doesn't want it, its OK. The funny thing is, she is looking to sign with another DS company (yes I tried to recruit her last year) and has kept that recruiter on hold since November! So, it will be very interesting to see if it happens and how it plays out for her. I was really looking forward to this show because I thought it was a chance to pitch PC to her again before she went with this other company ($850 to start mind you!).

I am thinking of how to phrase it though, because she is a really good friend
and through her, I now work in her husband's school and he just interviewed me for a leave replacement to start in a couple of weeks. So, I do need to be careful! I think she just hasn't called me because she may feel a bit embarrassed. I just really want to know if she wants to skip this altogether. Iwould be disappointed, but I'd rather know.
Jessica

1. How can I deal with feelings of discouragement and annoyance?

The best way to tackle these negative emotions is to take a step back and assess the situation. Identify the root cause of your discouragement and annoyance, and then come up with a plan to address it. This could involve talking to a trusted friend or colleague, finding a new perspective, or taking a break to recharge.

2. What if I can't shake off my feelings of discouragement and annoyance?

If your negative emotions persist, it may be helpful to seek support from a therapist or counselor. They can provide you with additional coping strategies and techniques to manage your feelings and work through any underlying issues that may be contributing to them.

3. How can I prevent myself from getting discouraged and annoyed in the first place?

There is no foolproof way to prevent negative emotions, but practicing self-care, setting realistic expectations, and focusing on the positive aspects of your work can help. It's also important to communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues and address any conflicts or issues as they arise.

4. Is it normal to feel discouraged and annoyed at work?

Yes, it is completely normal to experience negative emotions in the workplace. It's important to acknowledge and process these feelings in a healthy way rather than suppressing them. Remember that everyone goes through challenging times, and it's okay to ask for support when you need it.

5. How can I turn my feelings of discouragement and annoyance into motivation?

One way to turn negative emotions into motivation is to reframe your perspective and focus on the potential for growth and improvement. Take a moment to reflect on what you can learn from the situation and how it can help you to become a better employee or person. It may also be helpful to set small, achievable goals to help you stay motivated and focused.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Becca_in_MD