• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Discontinued Products: Top Picks for Stocking Up | Our Store

In summary, the new items for the 2008 Christmas season are the following: the Bell Pepper & Herb Rub, the Round UP from the Heart, the Professional Cookware Set, the Serrated Bread Knife, the Lid Set, and the Nonstick Cake Pan Set.
Leigh0725
Was just curious what these would be. I know my mom wanted to know in case she needed to stock up on stuff. :)

I was curious too

I can't wait to hear either.

Me either!! Hopefully nothing we all really like! :chef:

This is usually in the special CN that they will probably get as they leave the last session on Saturday (at least that is when we get it at NC). If they do it like NC, they will get a copy of the new catalog at lunch today. Maybe someone will try to figure out the list from that.

The Special Edition CN will be on CC on 1/14 if no one has posted a list before then. There is usually a list in it and in the past someone had typed it out or scanned it and posted it.

Would somebody who has access to the list please scan or type it and email it to me at [email protected] so that I can design the Going Going Gone flyer...?

Thanks!
Joy

jrstephens said:
The Special Edition CN will be on CC on 1/14 if no one has posted a list before then. There is usually a list in it and in the past someone had typed it out or scanned it and posted it.
aw man......I gotta wait the whole weekend??:grumpy:

I hope someone posts before then..

by the way, thanks for the info, Jennifer!!

Hopefully we won't have to wait the entire weekend.

Some itemsI know a few items only because they were discussed with someone at conference and they are "duh" items if you have seen the new item list

#9611 Nonstick Cake Pan Set with BONUS Checkerboard Insert (insert is gone in the redesign)

#1541 Springform Pan Set (new one no longer has fluted insert)

#1285 Serrated Bread Knife (now a green knife)

#2795 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set (redesign and repackage)

#2798 Lid Set (repackage)

#2938 Round-Up frm the Heart ® 2007 Trivet (time for a new one)

#2186 White Windowpane Napkin Set (now cranberry)

#2188 Cranberry Windowpane Placemat Set (now white)

??? Not totally sure on these ???​

#2848 The Pampered Chef Great Grilling (redesign recipe cards?- we think since we now have the Recipe Collection)

#2119 Great Grilling! Seasoning and Recipe Collection (redesigned- now has new recipe book & no Bell Pepper and Herb Rub (now Jamaican Jerk Rub))

#9735 Bell Pepper & Herb Rub (only think this one because it is no longer in the collection)

The Round UP is usually redesign in Aug

Do you think that they will do one now too

:chef:

Bell pepper herb is my favorite. It makes the BEST dip.
I wish i were there. I loved Chicago.

Remember this is specultive....

Trivet is ususlly a full year design traditionally a new design is released in Sept with the fall prod.

I will be bummed if they no longer offer the bread knife in black. I love that knife but many people hate the green color.

etteluap70PC said:
Remember this is specultive....

Trivet is ususlly a full year design traditionally a new design is released in Sept with the fall prod.

I will be bummed if they no longer offer the bread knife in black. I love that knife but many people hate the green color.

Exactly! Plus, I always tell people it is one of the hidden treasures in the catalog! Less than $10, lifetime warranty, dishwasher safe....can't beat it! I sell a ton of them. The green one is double the price of the black one - I sure hope it's not the end for it!

darlinclem said:
I know a few items only because they were discussed with someone at conference and they are "duh" items if you have seen the new item list

#9611 Nonstick Cake Pan Set with BONUS Checkerboard Insert (insert is gone in the redesign)

#1541 Springform Pan Set (new one no longer has fluted insert)

#1285 Serrated Bread Knife (now a green knife)

#2795 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set (redesign and repackage)

#2798 Lid Set (repackage)

#2938 Round-Up frm the Heart ® 2007 Trivet (time for a new one)

#2186 White Windowpane Napkin Set (now cranberry)

#2188 Cranberry Windowpane Placemat Set (now white)

??? Not totally sure on these ???​

#2848 The Pampered Chef Great Grilling (redesign recipe cards?- we think since we now have the Recipe Collection)

#2119 Great Grilling! Seasoning and Recipe Collection (redesigned- now has new recipe book & no Bell Pepper and Herb Rub (now Jamaican Jerk Rub))

#9735 Bell Pepper & Herb Rub (only think this one because it is no longer in the collection)

Please note that the poster said NOT TOTALLY SURE ON THESE!!

These are only a guess and some are logical guesses.
The trivet will not be replaced at this time.
This is a guess on my part...wasn't the Professional cookware supposed to disappear for Spring? Or for the fall of 2008?

Not sure about the bread knife (non forged cutlery) disappearing. I agree that it would be sad to replace it with the green color (I am not a fan of that color green, but just my opinion)

The Bell Pepper and Herb rub is not the same as the Jamacian Jerk Rub and both are in the line currently.

We will find out soon...but not soon enough :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Exactly! Plus, I always tell people it is one of the hidden treasures in the catalog! Less than $10, lifetime warranty, dishwasher safe....can't beat it! I sell a ton of them. The green one is double the price of the black one - I sure hope it's not the end for it!

AGAIN!!! I totally agree with you. I use my bread knife almost everyday, was excited when I got my forged bread knife used it once...:eek: went back in the box & has stayed there since. for less than 10.00 lifetime warranty it really is a steal. Of ALL the colors we have had since I started back in Fall of 05 the ONLY one I dont like is the green....:yuck: ;)

annsfoodforall said:
Bell pepper herb is my favorite. It makes the BEST dip.
I wish i were there. I loved Chicago.

They're not in Chicago right now - they're in Cinn., Ohio for this conf.

I know but I'm just a consultat so Chicago is the last conference I went to and had a great time. I loved seing all of the products first hand.
Nothing like it!
It did not hurt that it was the first time I had been anywhere without by kids in 5+ years. Though I missed them.. I needed the break and that might be clouding my memory a bit. But next year I would love to go to Leadership too.

The help whipp cancer stuff is great... though I wonder if there is a matching apron for the leave it to beaver mom gloves... I LOVE them. and I am not a fan of PINK

Yep, they had said the Prof cookware would be gone in spring. And the new trivet will be in Sept; they are for one year.
My director said that with the springform pan & checkerboard pan; from research that they've done, they wanted to simplify those items.

Interesting information, and great guess'.
Someones really been doing their homework :D
I personally LOVE the green and like that they are coming out w/ a larger line.
It is great cutlery, that is inexpensive and looks like none other.
Can't wait to hear all the final news!

I'm not a fan of the green knives, either - I wish the tomato one was red, the bread was yellow, and so on. I'd like to see more of a rainbow.

I sell the Green tomato knifes at all my shows and I don't talk about them. :rolleyes:

kspry said:
I'm not a fan of the green knives, either - I wish the tomato one was red, the bread was yellow, and so on. I'd like to see more of a rainbow.

I actually like that they are all green. To me, it is classier. If it were a rainbow look, I would think it was my mom's tupperware drawer when I was a child :blushing:

I don't personally care for the green knives, but I seem to be selling them like crazy w/o even trying to.

I love the green knives and sell a ton of them - my customers like the reasonable price and the covers. I've sold some forged cutlery, but not like these!

Good tip: If you have sold any green knives in the past, contact those customers in March and see if they want to add to their collection!

I just ordered the trivet free ... I am glad I'll be able to show it for a while.

I HATE the green knives too ... and I won't own one unless they give it to me. My kitchen is BLUE. It CLASHES!

I'm not in love with the color, but then it fits for the kitchen. I guess I don't need knives to be decorative since if they look "pretty", my daughter may think it's a toy. I definitely don't want them to be cranberry or any other red. I never like to see red on the knife...that's bad. I sell a lot of the tomato knife and rarely talk about it, except to say that I can never keep one on hand b/c people always buy it from my kit!I love any product that sells itself. Back to the thread. I'm anxious to see what is discontinued!!

I did not like them at first but after I used them I LOVE them. They are a good fit in my hand. I love the way the forged cut but their big size makes me nervous. I am not crazy about the color, but I love the product. I have sold a lot of them too b/c people like the size and the price.

I like the green knives. They are an ugly color, but knives aren't really for display, so you can put them in a drawer if you want. They cut really good. I like the forged knives, but they are a little big for my hand, so I don't feel comfortable when using them.

It doesn't match my kitchen either but I LOVE those knives

They are great cutting anything

I can't wait to get the other 2 now

We actually had the Salina Journal (in Salina, KS) rate the Green Santuko Knife one of the best products of the summer this last summer. They said the great parts about it was its lightweight feel (great for people with Carpal Tunnel) and the small size (much better suited to smaller women). I sell a TON of both green knives.

One thing I love to point out is that it is really hard to lose in that color. We have a lot of pot lucks and company picnics and the like and your knife won't run off because it isn't the same as the others. I have even gotten calls after events from people who want a knife just like "so and so" had. :thumbup: They are also easy to find in the drawer.

I can't wait to see and test the new ones.

darlinclem said:
I have even gotten calls after events from people who want a knife just like "so and so" had. QUOTE]

I have had several people call to tell me they want "those green knives whatever they are called." So, it is easy to know which they are wanting!:D

From Special Edition KCN (Sorry for order, I tried to put 2 per line but they were too hard to read; didn't want to retype it all)

Large Square Platter (1942)
4 pc Colander/Bowl Set (2795)-restyled
Colored Sm Bowl Set (2029)
Lid Set (2798)
Wine Bottle Opener (1035) -restyled
Hand Soap & Lotion Set (2977)
Tiles napkins (2176 & 2178))
Steak Knife Set (1035)
Oil Dipping Set (2310)
Serrated Bread Knife (1285):cry:
Lg Serving Tongs (2565)
BBQ Fork (2693)
Springform Pan (1541) restyle
Nonstick Cake Pan Set (9611) restyle
BBQ Tools Bag (2699)
Oval Baker (1300)
Cheese Bistro Set (9565)
Sm Oval Bakers (1316 & 1334)
Hold 'n Slice (Cranberry) (1102)
Deep Dish Baker (1317)
Cranberry Scraper Collection (1666-69)
Sm Round Stone (1375)
SS Double Balloon Whisk (1765)
Mini-Baker (1395)
Festive Desserts Set (2152)
6-cup Muffin Pan (1468):cry:
Season's Best F/W 07(1891)
Una Muestra F/W 07(1892)
Great Grilling Seasoning & Recipe Collection (2119)
Professional Cookware Line (2385;2760-69)
Cranberry Vine Guest Towel Set (2989)
Let's Eat Cookbook (2221)
Turkey Basics Recipe cards (2844)
Chipotle Ranch Seasoning Mix (9648)
Great Grilling Recipe cards (2848)
Zesty Guacomole Seasoning Mix (9710)
Bell Pepper & Herb Rub (9735)

From Spanish Catalog
TPC Recetas De Pavo (2846)
TPC Pescado del Dia Recipe card Collection (2857)

Last edited:
pamperedtara said:
From Special Edition KCN (Sorry for order, I tried to put 2 per line but they were too hard to read; didn't want to retype it all)

Large Square Platter (1942)
4 pc Colander/Bowl Set (2795)-restyled
Colored Sm Bowl Set (2029)
Lid Set (2798)
Wine Bottle Opener (1035) -restyled
Hand Soap & Lotion Set (2977)
Tiles napkins (2176 & 2178))
Steak Knife Set (1035)
Oil Dipping Set (2310)
Serrated Bread Knife (1285):cry:
Lg Serving Tongs (2565)
BBQ Fork (2693)
Springform Pan (1541) restyle
Nonstick Cake Pan Set (9611) restyle
BBQ Tools Bag (2699)
Oval Baker (1300)
Cheese Bistro Set (9565)
Sm Oval Bakers (1316 & 1334)
Hold 'n Slice (Cranberry) (1102)
Deep Dish Baker (1317)
Cranberry Scraper Collection (1666-69)
Sm Round Stone (1375)
SS Double Balloon Whisk (1765)
Mini-Baker (1395)
Festive Desserts Set (2152)
6-cup Muffin Pan (1468):cry:
Season's Best F/W 07(1891)
Una Muestra F/W 07(1892)
Great Grilling Seasoning & Recipe Collection (2119)
Professional Cookware Line (2385;2760-69)
Cranberry Vine Guest Towel Set (2989)
Let's Eat Cookbook (2221)
Turkey Basics Recipe cards (2844)
Chipotle Ranch Seasoning Mix (9648)
Great Grilling Recipe cards (2848)
Zesty Guacomole Seasoning Mix (9710)
Bell Pepper & Herb Rub (9735)

From Spanish Catalog
TPC Recetas De Pavo (2846)
TPC Pescado del Dia Recipe card Collection (2857)

OMG - I can't believe they're d/c'ing the Chipotle Ranch Dip Mix! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I sell SO much of that. I have an entire office of women who buy it in major quanitiies!!!

Tara, let me just say, YOU ROCK!!!! Thank you so much for ending at least a little of the pain of waiting!!! Thanks again!

dannyzmom said:
OMG - I can't believe they're d/c'ing the Chipotle Ranch Dip Mix! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I sell SO much of that. I have an entire office of women who buy it in major quanitiies!!!

SELL IT BY THE GROSS - You get double points starting tomorrow!!! I had one lady order 10 bags of coffee when they were discontinuing it.!!!!

when things are discontinued, do they go on outlet?

I'm asking b/c my DH would love the zesty guacamole seasoning mix...I can buy now, or wait until it goes on outlet...I'm just curious! :confused:

They might end up on the outlet....just keep watching. :)

Thanks, Tara! I've been wondering what will be discontinued.

It's just the color I don't like on the green knives - clashes with my kitchen, and is the sick green color a lot of plants get when they're about to die, etc - but I do like USING the tomato knife, especially.

another discontinue question - when this happens, does PC pull the items from the website, or are they just no longer in the catalog?

They get pulled from both.

dannyzmom said:

Since we are going to have the Chipotle Rub we may be able to make the dip with it..

as of the spring/summer catalog, right? sorry for the simple question, i'm rather new.
thanks!

Yes, all product changes take effect March 1st with the new catalog.

Why are they ditching the oval/mini oval baker and deep dish baker/mini baker? That surprises me, especially as there is not new stoneware pieces being added... are they thinking the DCB replaced the two larger ones? And maybe people don't order the smaller ones? I recently got the deep dish baker in green off of the outlet and I love it!

Joy, there is no guarantee a discontinued item will go into the Outlet. It depends upon the amount of stock left onhand after the selling season. If nothing else, order it on a paperwork supply order and get it for 40% off, instead of using your FPV.

Wow, I can't believe they are getting rid of the small oval bakers!!!! I love them!!! Maybe they are going to do a new design for fall?? I also love the Bell Pepper and Herb Rub!!! Why do they do this to us!

I looked the numbers up in the catalog and it's only the french vanilla.

Maybe cranberry was a better seller?

RaggedyAunt said:
Joy, there is no guarantee a discontinued item will go into the Outlet. It depends upon the amount of stock left onhand after the selling season. If nothing else, order it on a paperwork supply order and get it for 40% off, instead of using your FPV.

Hadn't thought of that, thanks!!! And thank you for saving me FPV!! :love:

<h2>1. What is the "Discover Discontinued Products" section on the Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>The "Discover Discontinued Products" section on our website is where you can find a selection of our most popular products that have been discontinued. These products are still available for purchase, but only for a limited time, so it's a great opportunity to stock up on your favorites before they're gone for good!</p><h2>2. How often are new products added to the "Discover Discontinued Products" section?</h2><p>We add new products to the "Discover Discontinued Products" section on a regular basis as items become discontinued. However, the selection and availability of products may vary, so we recommend checking back frequently to see if any of your favorites have been added.</p><h2>3. Can I still purchase these discontinued products after they are removed from the website?</h2><p>Once a discontinued product is removed from the website, it will no longer be available for purchase. We recommend stocking up on your favorites while they are still in the "Discover Discontinued Products" section to ensure you don't miss out.</p><h2>4. Are the prices of discontinued products discounted?</h2><p>In most cases, the prices of discontinued products will remain the same as they were before they were discontinued. However, there may be occasional sales or promotions that offer discounted prices on these products. We recommend keeping an eye out for any deals or discounts on the "Discover Discontinued Products" page.</p><h2>5. Can I return or exchange discontinued products?</h2><p>Unfortunately, discontinued products cannot be returned or exchanged. However, our customer satisfaction guarantee still applies to all products, so if you are unsatisfied with a discontinued product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.</p>

1. What is the "Discover Discontinued Products" section on the Pampered Chef website?

The "Discover Discontinued Products" section on our website is where you can find a selection of our most popular products that have been discontinued. These products are still available for purchase, but only for a limited time, so it's a great opportunity to stock up on your favorites before they're gone for good!

2. How often are new products added to the "Discover Discontinued Products" section?

We add new products to the "Discover Discontinued Products" section on a regular basis as items become discontinued. However, the selection and availability of products may vary, so we recommend checking back frequently to see if any of your favorites have been added.

3. Can I still purchase these discontinued products after they are removed from the website?

Once a discontinued product is removed from the website, it will no longer be available for purchase. We recommend stocking up on your favorites while they are still in the "Discover Discontinued Products" section to ensure you don't miss out.

4. Are the prices of discontinued products discounted?

In most cases, the prices of discontinued products will remain the same as they were before they were discontinued. However, there may be occasional sales or promotions that offer discounted prices on these products. We recommend keeping an eye out for any deals or discounts on the "Discover Discontinued Products" page.

5. Can I return or exchange discontinued products?

Unfortunately, discontinued products cannot be returned or exchanged. However, our customer satisfaction guarantee still applies to all products, so if you are unsatisfied with a discontinued product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • Susan M
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies