• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helping Recruits with Discontinued Products - Expert Advice

C
chefmama
One of my recruits just emailed me a question and I have no idea what to tell her. She had an open house yesterday 9/4 and one of her customers wanted to buy the old entertaining set with the sage, cranberry, eggplant and butternut colors, not the stripes. Her old consultant never let her know of the items being discontinued, so she was very shocked yeterday when she wanted to order this item. Do you know of anyway to get that item??? Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

Unless she dates her show in August, there's no way to get this. She can still give the show an August date and submit it by September 30th. However, then guests from her Open House CAN'T order the new products on that show. New products must only be on a show dated Sept 1st or later. If she got enough orders so split it into two shows, she can do that....do one with an August date and one Sept. 4th. Does that make sense?

Also, You might let your recruit know, for future purposes, where the discontinued items are located and how she will know this in the future, so she wont have this happen to her again. :)

Also, you might check with your cluster members to see if anyone still has an open August show. That consultant will get the sales, but it will make your customer happy.

Shawnna

Definitely, if she loves PC... like apparently she does, have her pass catalog around or have an Express Show... (Consultant buys ingredients) and let her know she can get it free or discounted! Plus other products!! There may even be a booking out of it!

If another consultant has a show still open, maybe she'd give your recruit the commission... :confused:

Thanks!Thank you all so much for the advice and ideas. I let my recruit know and she was so happy!! :D

What are the discontinued products for the current season?

The discontinued products for the current season vary from company to company. It is best to check with your specific company or consult your company's catalog or website for a list of discontinued products.

Why are certain products being discontinued?

Products are often discontinued due to low sales, changes in trends, or to make room for new products. Companies constantly re-evaluate their product lines to ensure they are meeting the needs and desires of their customers.

Is it possible to still purchase discontinued products?

It is possible to still purchase discontinued products, but availability may vary. Some companies may have limited stock available for purchase, while others may have completely sold out. It is best to check with your company or contact a representative for more information.

What should I do if a customer wants to purchase a discontinued product?

If a customer wants to purchase a discontinued product, it is important to be honest with them and let them know that the item is no longer available. You can suggest similar products or offer to help them find a consultant who may still have the item in stock.

How can I prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To prevent this issue from happening in the future, it is important to stay informed about product updates and discontinuations. Make sure to regularly check your company's website or attend training sessions to stay up-to-date on product changes. Additionally, always communicate any updates or changes to your customers to avoid any surprises or disappointments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Susan M
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krahema