• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Pampered Chef items may be discontinued soon?

In summary, the conversation revolved around predicting which items may be discontinued in the upcoming leadership event. Some items that were mentioned as potential candidates for discontinuation were grilling planks, holiday plates, serving and appetizer plates, scoop clip, spoon rest, corer, and the herb keeper. There was also a discussion about the changes in product designs and the difficulty in predicting which products will be discontinued.
DebbieJ said:
You know I'm with you on those Becky. Love them!

I don't get it when people call them cheap or chintzy....I've never had one of them break, but I've had 2 of the Chef's Tools that have been delivered with broken handles, and I just had to do a return for a Chef's Tools spatula that was peeling after one use. :confused:

I have 3 of the small black spatulas - and sometimes all three are in my dishwasher! I LOVE that tool!

Wow, I love the coating trays - but not the tool! I don't really use them for breading though, I use them for melting white chocolate bark. Put a full big block in the med. in the microwave - works great and the plastic doesn't get hot:)! Perfect for making chocolate covered pretzels or the new brownie lolipops!

pampchefrhondab said:
Wow, I love the coating trays - but not the tool! I don't really use them for breading though, I use them for melting white chocolate bark. Put a full big block in the med. in the microwave - works great and the plastic doesn't get hot:)! Perfect for making chocolate covered pretzels or the new brownie lolipops!

For me - they are too shallow to use for dipping, and the chocolate cools off and gets hard way to fast.

For breading - it's much easier to use a couple paper plates, and then throw them away!:eek:

I LOVE the coating trays and have sold several sets of them. I also use my herb keepers a lot, not much lately though, the price of asparagus has been ridiculous.

I would cry if they did away with the spoon rest. I have four of them and love how handy they are next to my cooktop. I will never go back to the traditional style...they take up way too much space.

If they get rid of the spritzer, they'd better start giving us permission to use cooking spray on stoneware. I was told by my director to use only the spritzer, which is why i bought it.

The finger guard needs to go, as do the drink charms, finger guard and such.

With oil prices down, I hope they bring back the chilzanne!

I've sold the coating trays too ... and the hold and slice.

I predict they'll have a second corer that will do pineapple but keep the smaller one, and see if their sales drop before they get rid of the other one.

Sad to say it ... but I think we'll lose more stoneware.

I think they need a better design for the spritzer. I love my spritzers from Bed Bath and Beyond and they are stainless instead of plastic. I've had them for at least three years and have never had a problem with them. I really dislike ours.

I would love a high quality travel coffee mug and a water bottle.

JAE said:
I would love a high quality travel coffee mug and a water bottle.

me too!!!!!!

How about a water bottle you can stick in your freezer that would keep the water cold? Sound suspsiciously like a Chilzanne product?

Holiday Plates (serving and appetizer)
Windowpane Lines (sold none and never had anybody even mention them)
Decorator Bottle Set (as a owner of a boutique bakery, I can say these DO NOT inspire greatness LOL)
Pump n Suds (every line out there has their own for significantly less)
The party sticks (haven't sold one and nobody seems interested so far anyway)
EVERYTHING in that green color. I have had countless guests want those color coated knives but said they HATE that color and would rather wait.
I have sold one of those grilling planks but they don't seem to inspire most)I LOVE the pie gate!! I really hope they DON'T discontinue it. I give it as gifts and use it all through holidays!I'd like the stemware to stay as well as the dipping trays. Herb keepers seems to sell "okay" here so I'd like them to stay. I'd love it if they found a chilzanne replacement! I want that! :lol:

Herb Keeper, Grilling Planks, Suds Pump, Spritzer

I tried to love my Spritzer.....

legacypc46 said:
I would cry if they did away with the spoon rest. I have four of them and love how handy they are next to my cooktop. I will never go back to the traditional style...they take up way too much space.
I loved this at first but now mine fall apart at the slightest touch (the two metal parts). I have two and they both do that. If they keep it PLEASE add the cup as a replacement piece!!

legacypc46 said:

I agree with you on this one!!! I've got one at home & also just got one for our camper. I've been able to sell quite a few to family & friends who come over & see me using it!

BethCooks4U said:
If they keep it PLEASE add the cup as a replacement piece!!

I agree, but I suspect the cost of the ceramic piece makes up 80-90% of the total product cost...so it might not be financially worth it. (There has to be some reason HO has never added it to the replacement parts.):grumpy:

Mel92504 said:
I agree with you on this one!!! I've got one at home & also just got one for our camper. I've been able to sell quite a few to family & friends who come over & see me using it!

Yeah but the problem is that the new tools don't fit in it well (some not at all). It needs to be wider (maybe an oval shape).

Darlene

I sell a ton of the suds pump especially in this economy. Look how much soap u save. You only put in 1m part soap to 3 parts water. Soap last forever using these. And the spritzer......its much more environmentally friendly and wallet friendly then the "Pam" stuff. And the herb keeper is never empty. Its always in my fridge full of fresh herbs. They last so much longer in it and I sell a lot of it too!

DebbieJ said:
Again, I agree with Becky. People around here LOVE the party sticks! Maybe it's a Midwestern thing?

Maybe it is a Midwestern thing. I can't imagine trying to push them into the ground out here in AZ.

vwpamperedchef said:
I agree, I thought I would use it and it is just sitting around, gets in my way, I move it, move it again, (I'll sell it if anyone thinks they would like it) I just don't use the herb keeper as much as I thought....................

On to better things, like bring back PC Coffee!!

I was so excited to get the herb keeper and I have used it once and so it sits in my cabinets with all the other PC stuff I never use.
I don't like the spritzer either:thumbdown:

leftymac said:
I won't be sad to see the kitchen spritzer go because I'm tired of the giant cloud every time I use it.

LOL! I love the Spritzer except for this! I feel like I need to shower after using it! My face is all greasy! HA!:D

I like my spritzer, it took me about 2 yrs of being in PC before I got one and now I love it, can't live w/o it.
Never sold any grilling planks or party sticks. Or petite squares.

I think the ice cream sandwich maker needs to go finally

And bring back the plate sized stone! I LOVE mine, I didn't order any extra when they were being d/c and now I am terrified of even using it because I don't want it to break! That thing is more seasoned than most of my other stones!

The window pain...oops, window pane placemats and napkins
all holiday items, beaded things included
they can keep the coffee clip ONLY if they bring the coffee back. I have sold ONE!
Flexible funnels
drainer
mini loaf pan (I think more so than the muffin pan)
crown cake pan...has anyone sold any of this? Are there any other uses for it or recipes?
Maybe some new shapes for the creative cutters? Or next fall/winter...holiday creative cutter set!!
Spin on salads
Grill it quick
grilling planks

I don't have a kitchen that matches the cranberry but I think it is very rich looking. Has anyone had customers comment that they are growing tired of it? Just not sure what "new" color they could come out with since they have done away with the French Vanilla.

YES...please bring back the Chillzanne!!

I think the Adjustable Measuring Spoons 2217 will go; people like the new Easy Adjustable one so much better than these.

Also, redesign the Clock/Timer; I love it BUT could we get one that uses an AAA battery and not a dang watch battery??​

I am thinking the party sticks will go, too. I love the idea, but really have not used them much at all.

LeslieSGI said:
I think the Adjustable Measuring Spoons 2217 will go; people like the new Easy Adjustable one so much better than these.

I hate the Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon. It's not big enough to get into any spice container.

baychef said:
The window pain...oops, window pane placemats and napkins
all holiday items, beaded things included
they can keep the coffee clip ONLY if they bring the coffee back. I have sold ONE!
Flexible funnels
drainer
mini loaf pan (I think more so than the muffin pan)
crown cake pan...has anyone sold any of this? Are there any other uses for it or recipes?
Maybe some new shapes for the creative cutters? Or next fall/winter...holiday creative cutter set!!
Spin on salads
Grill it quick
grilling planks

I don't have a kitchen that matches the cranberry but I think it is very rich looking. Has anyone had customers comment that they are growing tired of it? Just not sure what "new" color they could come out with since they have done away with the French Vanilla.

YES...please bring back the Chillzanne!!

Never sold a crown cake pan, or creative cutters either..

I have sold the creative cutters, a few of them actually, but I know that set has been around for quite a while!

Also, I dont think its a midwestern thing with the party sticks, I'm in IL just as the others are in the area, and my people think they are stupid.

I like the party sticks for the beach -

crown cake is just blah to me!

I love the flexible funnels! Since I purchase alot in bulk they are great to transfer stuff to the smaller container - like I will buy pancake syrup and put it in the smaller bottle and refill - same with my cleaning products, olive oil, etc. I even have a set near my tiki bar for the tiki torch oil!

Crap, I forgot I even had the crown cake pan!

Wow! I am selling a ton of the Crown Cake pan! I bring it to my shows because this is the baking season and it weighs just about nothing! People love the Rum Cake, 7-Up cake...shoot, just about anything you would use a bundt pan for you can use this for. People like that it is dishwasher safe and stable enough to use without another pan to support it. They are selling well for me. I think I sell about 2-4 each show I bring it to.

I've never really paid much attention to it in the catalog as I'm not much of a baker, I burn things all the time because I forget they are in the oven!

I agree .. the placemats and napkins should go buh-bye ... but they were included in the "spree" so I guess they think we need them ...Other things I'd like to see go but were included in the spree ...* Dotts large bowl ... I can't fit that doggone thing in my cupboard because it's so wide. Ditto for the collapsable bowl. For as much of a space saver as that thing is supposed to be ... I have to store them in the pan cupboard or my PC tote. If I'm gonna have anything that big, I'd prefer a platter.• Cooking for 2 or More ... I think this one ended up in there because they wanted to get rid of it. Most of the recipes are downright gross. I'd rather have All the Best, 29 minutes to dinner or even It's Good for You. That said, I was disappointed that the "good for you" recipes were almost universally too high in sodium.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I agree .. the placemats and napkins should go buh-bye ... but they were included in the "spree" so I guess they think we need them ...

Other things I'd like to see go but were included in the spree ...

* Dotts large bowl ... I can't fit that doggone thing in my cupboard because it's so wide. Ditto for the collapsable bowl. For as much of a space saver as that thing is supposed to be ... I have to store them in the pan cupboard or my PC tote. If I'm gonna have anything that big, I'd prefer a platter.

• Cooking for 2 or More ... I think this one ended up in there because they wanted to get rid of it. Most of the recipes are downright gross. I'd rather have All the Best, 29 minutes to dinner or even It's Good for You. That said, I was disappointed that the "good for you" recipes were almost universally too high in sodium.

Plus, Cooking for 2 or More is a dumb concept. Most recipes are for two or more! How about a Cooking for 2 or Less cookbook? Now there's something we need!

Sold a ton of collapsible bowls. couldn't even sell the party sticks when they were host specials. wish the crown cake pan was smaller - want the cake to be higher; too wide.
definite good bye to the place mats.

candiejayne said:
I've never really paid much attention to it in the catalog as I'm not much of a baker, I burn things all the time because I forget they are in the oven!

Thats why we have the timer. :) Clip it on you and then you can't forget! I used to do the same thing (especially when I was gardening)!

Love love love the crown cake pan. That rum cake recipe is mouth watering (I'm drooling as I type)...and it's nice to have a cake that doesn't require frosting.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know what the top 20 products are nationally? (Minus the seasons best, etc)

legacypc46 said:
Wouldn't it be interesting to know what the top 20 products are nationally? (Minus the seasons best, etc)

It would be - since some things seem to sell better regionally.

Like - I sold the party sticks all summer long, and they were on brides wish lists, and hosts wish lists....and I sold several sets at full price too - but others didn't sell any of them?

I've never sold a crown cake pan - never even had anyone express any interest or ask a question about it.:confused:

I agree that the Adjustable Measuring Spoon is a pain to work with; in fact, the numbers are wearing off of the top, white part on mine! I really don't like this product at all.

I also think that the grilling planks and the holiday items are likely to go.

What I would like to see is a new Clock/timer....in black or stainless steel!!

Paula

Party sticks are hard to use up here where it is a balmy 23 degrees...actually it IS warmer than the 18 degrees! Darn things won't go in the ground but the snow is getting deep enough that with the ice...they just might stay up.

The shivering smart *ss from northern NY!! My area did not get hit, but eastern NY state has over 200,000 without power after an ice and snow storm.

baychef said:
Party sticks are hard to use up here where it is a balmy 23 degrees...actually it IS warmer than the 18 degrees! Darn things won't go in the ground but the snow is getting deep enough that with the ice...they just might stay up.

The shivering smart *ss from northern NY!! My area did not get hit, but eastern NY state has over 200,000 without power after an ice and snow storm.

LOL - I saw that on the news this evening.

It looked like the where the Winter Warlock lived in Santa Claus is Comin To Town!:D They were doing arial shots, and it didn't even look real - that was one crazy ice storm!

Chef Kearns said:
Wow! I am selling a ton of the Crown Cake pan! I bring it to my shows because this is the baking season and it weighs just about nothing! People love the Rum Cake, 7-Up cake...shoot, just about anything you would use a bundt pan for you can use this for. People like that it is dishwasher safe and stable enough to use without another pan to support it. They are selling well for me. I think I sell about 2-4 each show I bring it to.

I completely forgot all about it!

ugh, this is my first spree. I do hope we didn't earn placemats and the like... that is so NOT my demographic here, unless we are selling them for $2.00-$3.00! LOL

murkey said:
ugh, this is my first spree. I do hope we didn't earn placemats and the like... that is so NOT my demographic here, unless we are selling them for $2.00-$3.00! LOL

LOL! The SAT levels TEND to be according to 1. price and 2. predicted popularity. The higher the level, more you get but also the more you get and say.... :)

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I saw that on the news this evening.

It looked like the where the Winter Warlock lived in Santa Claus is Comin To Town!:D They were doing arial shots, and it didn't even look real - that was one crazy ice storm!

It looked eerily like our Ice Storm of 1998 where the entire area I live in was in the dark for a month in January. We had electric crews from all over the east coast up her recontructing entire grid systems. Even though we were greatful when the electricity came back on, there were pipes that burst and all kinds of problems...kind of like one more kick in the pants at the end of a nightmare.

I just hope they don't have the same length of time being out of power. Not too pleasant when it is so darn cold out.

Party Sticks, I had a hostess hubby ask me if they were for children or dwarfs or little people, as they are so LOW to the ground??

Hee's about 6'5" and when he sat in a lawn chair and put one in ground beside him, it literally was too low for his arm to easily reach. He said, now I'm talk of parties already, if you gave me this to put my drink in, I'd be an even bigger discussion.

I said, well Maybe it's One size fits Most??

He was NOT impressed.

Lisa

I have never sold any of the party sticks either. No one has ever been remotely interested and that certainly was not a booking tool. Everyone said it cost too much even at the 60% off.

I sold one of the outdoor planks at Christmas from the photo of the gift idea of the grilling basket, skewers, etc. a lady I work with actually bought that whole set.

<h2>What Pampered Chef items are rumored to be discontinued?</h2><p>At this time, there are no official announcements about any specific items being discontinued. However, every year at Leadership, new products are introduced and some older products may be retired. We recommend checking our website regularly for any updates on product availability.</p><h2>How can I predict which items will be discontinued and which new items will be introduced at Leadership?</h2><p>While there is no guaranteed way to predict which items will be discontinued, many Pampered Chef consultants and customers enjoy speculating and sharing their guesses on online forums and social media. We recommend staying tuned to the official Pampered Chef channels for any announcements or sneak peeks.</p><h2>Are there any patterns or trends in past discontinued items that can help us predict future ones?</h2><p>While there may be some patterns or trends in past discontinued items, it is important to remember that each year brings new products and changes to the Pampered Chef line. We recommend focusing on the current product offerings and staying updated on any new releases or announcements.</p><h2>Is there a list of items that have been officially announced as discontinued?</h2><p>At this time, there is no official list of discontinued items. However, you can always check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information on product availability.</p><h2>If I suspect an item may be discontinued, should I stock up on it?</h2><p>We always recommend purchasing items based on your current needs and preferences, rather than trying to anticipate future changes. If an item is discontinued, we may introduce a similar or updated version in the future. Plus, Pampered Chef offers a generous return policy if you are not satisfied with a product. </p>

What Pampered Chef items are rumored to be discontinued?

At this time, there are no official announcements about any specific items being discontinued. However, every year at Leadership, new products are introduced and some older products may be retired. We recommend checking our website regularly for any updates on product availability.

How can I predict which items will be discontinued and which new items will be introduced at Leadership?

While there is no guaranteed way to predict which items will be discontinued, many Pampered Chef consultants and customers enjoy speculating and sharing their guesses on online forums and social media. We recommend staying tuned to the official Pampered Chef channels for any announcements or sneak peeks.

Are there any patterns or trends in past discontinued items that can help us predict future ones?

While there may be some patterns or trends in past discontinued items, it is important to remember that each year brings new products and changes to the Pampered Chef line. We recommend focusing on the current product offerings and staying updated on any new releases or announcements.

Is there a list of items that have been officially announced as discontinued?

At this time, there is no official list of discontinued items. However, you can always check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information on product availability.

If I suspect an item may be discontinued, should I stock up on it?

We always recommend purchasing items based on your current needs and preferences, rather than trying to anticipate future changes. If an item is discontinued, we may introduce a similar or updated version in the future. Plus, Pampered Chef offers a generous return policy if you are not satisfied with a product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BarbFlan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
Replies
Views
themaryk
  • Mystik
  • Products and Tips
Replies