• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Pampered Chef items may be discontinued soon?

In summary, the conversation revolved around predicting which items may be discontinued in the upcoming leadership event. Some items that were mentioned as potential candidates for discontinuation were grilling planks, holiday plates, serving and appetizer plates, scoop clip, spoon rest, corer, and the herb keeper. There was also a discussion about the changes in product designs and the difficulty in predicting which products will be discontinued.
leftymac
There have been threads on predicting new items to be introduced at leadership. Any guesses as to what may be discontinued?

Grilling planks for sure.

It is always sad when they get rid of things.

wadesgirl said:
Grilling planks for sure.

It is always sad when they get rid of things.

It is sad...even sadder when my customers don't feel the urge to go buy everything that's being discontinued!

I should go look through a catalog to make predictions -- I can't for the life of me think right now of anything that's just kinda silly and that isn't selling that will be discontinued.

gosh! I have no idea what they would get rid of! Would they take the holiday plates off, since it'll be the spring/summer catalog? What about those square napkin rings or the placemats. I haven't sold a single one of those.

Baster & Cleaning Brush

Holiday Plates, SA Rectangle Trays and possibly the Rectangle Stand, SA Large Square Bowl, Kitchen Spritzer.

BethCooks4U said:
Holiday Plates, SA Rectangle Trays and possibly the Rectangle Stand, SA Large Square Bowl, Kitchen Spritzer.

I will be sad to see the rectangle trays go, but then again I have 4 of them and don't use them too much (except for kitchen towels in one, and the other holds various dish detergents on the sink).

I'll also be sad to see the SA Large Square Bowl go b/c I love it so much, but I feel like they're slowly getting away from the square stuff.

I won't be sad to see the kitchen spritzer go because I'm tired of the giant cloud every time I use it.

leftymac said:
I will be sad to see the rectangle trays go, but then again I have 4 of them and don't use them too much (except for kitchen towels in one, and the other holds various dish detergents on the sink).

I'll also be sad to see the SA Large Square Bowl go b/c I love it so much, but I feel like they're slowly getting away from the square stuff.

I won't be sad to see the kitchen spritzer go because I'm tired of the giant cloud every time I use it.

I don't know that these are going away. It's just my prediction based on the fact that they discontinued the Woven that went with those and you don't see them featured as much. I think the kitchen spritzer is going away because they have more and more recipes that say we should use the oil spray with flour.

In preparing to respond to this question, I pulled out a catalog and went page to page. I have been selling PC for 3 years now and so many of the
products have been redesigned, etc. in those 3 years. I can't believe they would get rid of something that they just restyled a short time ago. But, I think the same thing every 6 months and every time HO surprises me. I can't wait!

leftymac said:
It is sad...even sadder when my customers don't feel the urge to go buy everything that's being discontinued!

I should go look through a catalog to make predictions -- I can't for the life of me think right now of anything that's just kinda silly and that isn't selling that will be discontinued.
Grilling planks were the only thing I could think of off the top of my head.

BethCooks4U said:
NO to the kitchen spritzer. I would seriously stock up on these if they ever went out of the catalog. Then again, the several I've had for years are still working fine. But still, not my spritzer.

leftymac said:

SA Wh*re

Dessert Plates, pg 9
Herb Keeper

My predictions of items to be discontinued are:Drink Charms (I won't even sell these since they STILL look alike)
Holiday Plates (serving and appetizer) :)
Dessert Plates (just don't match the SA line)
Scoop Clip (I rarely sell these)
Spoon Rest (redesign time!)
Corer (we need a larger one that can do Pineapple also)

vwpamperedchef said:
Dessert Plates, pg 9
Herb Keeper

I thought I'd use the herb keeper much more than I do. It's currently serving as a vase for some roses. ;)

I agree, I thought I would use it and it is just sitting around, gets in my way, I move it, move it again, (I'll sell it if anyone thinks they would like it) I just don't use the herb keeper as much as I thought....................

On to better things, like bring back PC Coffee!!

vwpamperedchef said:
I agree, I thought I would use it and it is just sitting around, gets in my way, I move it, move it again, (I'll sell it if anyone thinks they would like it) I just don't use the herb keeper as much as I thought....................

I love my herb keeper! I have actually considered having two.

If they bring back the coffee then I will take the scoop off my list :)

Hmmm, who thinks Chilzene style may come back??

Holiday Plates (serving and appetizer)
Windowpane Lines
Measure Mix & Pour
Mini Whipper
Decorator Bottle Set

letscook04 said:
Holiday Plates (serving and appetizer)
Windowpane Lines
Measure Mix & Pour
Mini Whipper
Decorator Bottle Set

I <3 the Measure Mix & Pour!

Of course all of the Holiday stuff is going.

Dots Stemware
Drink Charms
Windowpane Linens
Bamboo Carving Board
Herb Keeper
12-Cup Muffin Pan (too hard to clean)
Pie Gate
Delightful Desserts Cookbook
Grilling Planks

Aren't the drink charms new for Fall/Winter? I'd be surprised if that one goes since it's new.

I've sold several pie gates - people who bake pies really seem to like them.

I'm unimpressed by the linens. And a glass of water with a plastic wrap tent does the job of the herb keeper just fine - I've been doing that for years and my herbs last for well over a week, sometimes 2-3 depending on the herb.

Chef Kearns said:
Of course all of the Holiday stuff is going.

Dots Stemware
Drink Charms
Windowpane Linens
Bamboo Carving Board
Herb Keeper
12-Cup Muffin Pan (too hard to clean)
Pie Gate
Delightful Desserts Cookbook
Grilling Planks

I will be sad as well if the pie gate goes! I figure the Delightful Desserts Cookbook is old and maybe we'll get a new one!

I wouldn't be surprised about the stemware, given the problems they've had with them. I do love them, though!

Have there been any other products (besides Season's Best, of course) that have lasted only 1 season?

koima said:
Aren't the drink charms new for Fall/Winter? I'd be surprised if that one goes since it's new.

I've sold several pie gates - people who bake pies really seem to like them.

I'm unimpressed by the linens. And a glass of water with a plastic wrap tent does the job of the herb keeper just fine - I've been doing that for years and my herbs last for well over a week, sometimes 2-3 depending on the herb.

Sometimes they take items out that are "seasonal", like items available in different colors (like some of the sea green stuff from last season).

I prefered the square SA personally , but event hen don't have a lot of it.

All the holiday plates will go
Beaded serving set and small beaded spreader
Does anyone sell - or use - the hold n slice?
What about the cutting board with measure cups?

I expect something new in the bamboo line - I think after how much it was played up in the last catalog they are going to try to make it a bigger line like stoneware, cookware, SA and cutlery.

I love the small round stone we had a few years back - looked like a plate - I use it almost every day for reheating something for my little guy.

pcsharon1 said:
Does anyone sell - or use - the hold n slice?
What about the cutting board with measure cups?

I have never used my hold n slice.

I have the cutting board with measuring cups and I got it thinking it'd be the greatest thing ever. It's really more of a pain in the arse though, so I never use it. But then again with a bar board, 2 cutting boards, and 2 large grooved boards, I guess I really don't need to!

Oh my goodness I really am a product whore.

pcsharon1 said:
I expect something new in the bamboo line - I think after how much it was played up in the last catalog they are going to try to make it a bigger line like stoneware, cookware, SA and cutlery.

OMG if this happened, I'd soooo be in heaven! I love love love the bamboo! My BF says I have way too much, but I don't care, I LOVE IT!

Me too! I would love a bigger bowl for the bamboo line -

OH yeah I forgot I had the bamboo bowl too! hehe it's in a box right now, I used it at my last show! hehe need to get it back out!

I think the creative cutters will be redesigned, I agree with the grilling planks going.

What do you guys think about the outdoor party sticks? I get a lot of good comments on them, but people feel they just cost too much and do not buy them. I have a guy who wants 4 sets, but refuses to pay $39 a set.

never mind whats going out Im on pins and needles for whats comming in....

leftymac said:
I have never used my hold n slice.

I have the cutting board with measuring cups and I got it thinking it'd be the greatest thing ever. It's really more of a pain in the arse though, so I never use it. But then again with a bar board, 2 cutting boards, and 2 large grooved boards, I guess I really don't need to!

Oh my goodness I really am a product whore.

Admitting it is the first step!:p

I sold more cutting board with cups when I took it to shows but t took up too much room in my kit.

I sell a ton of the decorator bottle sets -- I was amazed people all ordered them so had to buy them myself.

My hubby thinks the outdoor party sticks are a big joke! He said if I ever sell a set he wants to know who was crazy enough to buy them.

The party sticks are nice in theory but for that price, they aren't realistic for a lot of people (unless you go to the beach/camping/outdoor concert every week and can't live without them). There are a lot of items that may be like that, but these are pretty stand-out in my opinion as far as a select audience you would need to cater to. And while I LOVE the collapsible bowl, I haven't sold all that many of them...and with limitations (nothing hot, nothing tomato based) it's just one of those products I wouldn't be heartbroken to see walk away from the catalog. Don't hate me for saying that!!!

They should definitely remove that cheap line/set of kitchen tools (I bought them once). They are pretty chintzy. It is the Basic Set of Nylon Tools 2325.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
My hubby thinks the outdoor party sticks are a big joke! He said if I ever sell a set he wants to know who was crazy enough to buy them.

I've gotten two orders for these! One was a catalog order for a fundraiser, so I didn't talk to them. The other was a host looking to use up her host credit, and she thought they'd be fun. She said she wouldn't spend her own money on them, but for free they were cute.

vwpamperedchef said:

Yum.....PC K-cups would be nice :)

gailz2 said:
They should definitely remove that cheap line/set of kitchen tools (I bought them once). They are pretty chintzy. It is the Basic Set of Nylon Tools 2325.

I love these! Use them all the time, and like them way better than the Chef's Tools.

I agree with the grilling planks needing to go - I have sold NONE.
Suds pump - too many on the market for way cheaper and they don't clog up!
Spritzer for sure

BlessedWifeMommy said:

I sold Party Sticks all summer long. Booked several shows because people wanted them for 60% off too.

cochef said:
I agree with the grilling planks needing to go - I have sold NONE.
Suds pump - too many on the market for way cheaper and they don't clog up!
Spritzer for sure

Or at least redesign the suds pump. That thing is so 80s lookin' it's ridic!

I use the hold and slice all of the time!! I LOVE mine!! I sell alot of these too.

The grilling planks need to go for sure. I sold one set since they have been out, but then found out she ordered them on accident and called PC to exchange them for what she really wanted!!

I have not sold any suds pumps, I don't use it. I go to B&BW and get my soap in the pumps there.

I LOVE the square SA w/ the cranberry. So much nicer than the dots, they are just not my thing. I know there are plenty of people that like them even LOVE them, but I am not one.

I get more complaints than not on the kitchen spritzer.

New colors, give me new colors!! I HATE the sea green!!! But then again, I have never cared for the summer colors.

Yeah, when I took my cutting board w/ measuring cups to shows, I sold a ton, but I don't take it anymore and it is in my office. I don't ever use it at home, too big and bulky.

I can't wait to find out what is new!! Bring on the LARGE Bamboo Bowl!!!!

Chris... Im not a fan of the dots either.... :eek:
:blushing: ... it reminds me of wonder bread

Laura420 said:
Chris... Im not a fan of the dots either.... :eek:
:blushing: ... it reminds me of wonder bread

I thought this was just me! Totally they have a WonderBread vibe to them. I'm not a fan of WonderBread, either.

I'd be surprised if the Spritzer and Suds Pump go. They've been around a long time. I dislike them and always have, but they won't go away.

The Hold N Slice won't go either. It's been around forever, too.

I think the Coating Trays and Tool should go. Then I'd get rid of mine. It's taking up space.

I hope the Square SA's don't go. I was quite bummed that the big Square serving plate was discontinued.

The Measure Mix N Pour won't go. It's been around a long time, too.

Herb Keeper might go. Finger Guard should go. I think the Petite Squares could go, maybe.

I don't think the Dots Stemware will go. Maybe the charms will go.

I love the Nylon Tools, too. I agree with Becky that I like many of them better than the new, more expensive ones.

What I'd like to go...
Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Coating Trays would be fine. Great idea, but a little pricey since I can just use what I have.I actually love the Petite Squares. They are perfect for my DD and her ketchup, syrup, whatever.I like the Dots and never thought of Wonder Bread until customers started saying that. I sell a lot of the Basic Nylon Tool set so I want that to stay!Sud's Pump would be okay to go. They are a little top heavy so I don't use our version.I know I could have a much longer list and I also know that they will get rid of something that I will be in shock over :).I HOPE they bring back the Chillzanne EVEN at a higher price.

JAE said:
I'd be surprised if the Spritzer and Suds Pump go. They've been around a long time. I dislike them and always have, but they won't go away.
The Hold N Slice won't go either. It's been around forever, too.
I think the Coating Trays and Tool should go. Then I'd get rid of mine. It's taking up space.

I hope the Square SA's don't go. I was quite bummed that the big Square serving plate was discontinued.

The Measure Mix N Pour won't go. It's been around a long time, too. Herb Keeper might go. Finger Guard should go. I think the Petite Squares could go, maybe.

I don't think the Dots Stemware will go. Maybe the charms will go.

I love the Nylon Tools, too. I agree with Becky that I like many of them better than the new, more expensive ones.

Yes - to all of the things I bolded. Plus, I agree that the charms could possibly go, but I doubt that the Stemware will be gone so quickly. But the charms could stay....look how long we had paper napkins!:rolleyes:

The finger guard is a joke. that could go. As well as the herb keeper. That's a useless piece, IMO - along with the Coating Trays and Tool. Mine, along with the herb keeper, is in my basement in a box. Once it's discontinued, I'll sell them.

But - I love the petite squares. I think it's those of us with small children who love them. They are great for ketchup, ranch dip, and tartar sauce!:D
I also like them for tea lights - I often have them sitting around.

gailz2 said:

ChefBeckyD said:
I love these! Use them all the time, and like them way better than the Chef's Tools.

You know I'm with you on those Becky. Love them!

I only have things sitting around because I haven't put them away. It's all clutter unless it's a big piece of decor. KWIM? I decorated with the Cranberry Petite Squares last year on the White Rectangle Platter for Christmas, but it just kept getting in the way because I'm a messy. I should probably serve myself M&M's in the Petite Squares instead of the Small Square Bowls!

BlessedWifeMommy said:

ChefBeckyD said:
I sold Party Sticks all summer long. Booked several shows because people wanted them for 60% off too.

Again, I agree with Becky. People around here LOVE the party sticks! Maybe it's a Midwestern thing?

<h2>What Pampered Chef items are rumored to be discontinued?</h2><p>At this time, there are no official announcements about any specific items being discontinued. However, every year at Leadership, new products are introduced and some older products may be retired. We recommend checking our website regularly for any updates on product availability.</p><h2>How can I predict which items will be discontinued and which new items will be introduced at Leadership?</h2><p>While there is no guaranteed way to predict which items will be discontinued, many Pampered Chef consultants and customers enjoy speculating and sharing their guesses on online forums and social media. We recommend staying tuned to the official Pampered Chef channels for any announcements or sneak peeks.</p><h2>Are there any patterns or trends in past discontinued items that can help us predict future ones?</h2><p>While there may be some patterns or trends in past discontinued items, it is important to remember that each year brings new products and changes to the Pampered Chef line. We recommend focusing on the current product offerings and staying updated on any new releases or announcements.</p><h2>Is there a list of items that have been officially announced as discontinued?</h2><p>At this time, there is no official list of discontinued items. However, you can always check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information on product availability.</p><h2>If I suspect an item may be discontinued, should I stock up on it?</h2><p>We always recommend purchasing items based on your current needs and preferences, rather than trying to anticipate future changes. If an item is discontinued, we may introduce a similar or updated version in the future. Plus, Pampered Chef offers a generous return policy if you are not satisfied with a product. </p>

What Pampered Chef items are rumored to be discontinued?

At this time, there are no official announcements about any specific items being discontinued. However, every year at Leadership, new products are introduced and some older products may be retired. We recommend checking our website regularly for any updates on product availability.

How can I predict which items will be discontinued and which new items will be introduced at Leadership?

While there is no guaranteed way to predict which items will be discontinued, many Pampered Chef consultants and customers enjoy speculating and sharing their guesses on online forums and social media. We recommend staying tuned to the official Pampered Chef channels for any announcements or sneak peeks.

Are there any patterns or trends in past discontinued items that can help us predict future ones?

While there may be some patterns or trends in past discontinued items, it is important to remember that each year brings new products and changes to the Pampered Chef line. We recommend focusing on the current product offerings and staying updated on any new releases or announcements.

Is there a list of items that have been officially announced as discontinued?

At this time, there is no official list of discontinued items. However, you can always check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information on product availability.

If I suspect an item may be discontinued, should I stock up on it?

We always recommend purchasing items based on your current needs and preferences, rather than trying to anticipate future changes. If an item is discontinued, we may introduce a similar or updated version in the future. Plus, Pampered Chef offers a generous return policy if you are not satisfied with a product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BarbFlan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
Replies
Views
themaryk
  • Mystik
  • Products and Tips
Replies