1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Discontinued item sent with show, has this happened to you before?

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I just received a show and it had a Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan (#1441) in it instead of a large platter.

Anyone know how much it is worth? Just thought I would ask before I did the adjustment since it asks if the guest is interested in purchasing it. Also, if you have one, do you use it? What can you tell me about it?

2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I personally would just send it back.

Jul 25, 2009
  3. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

if you do the adjustment they may just let you keep it.

Jul 25, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Thanks! I guess I am still shaking my head, that I got this in the first place. It makes me glad that I have most of my orders shipped to me so I can deliver them to the hosts/guests.

5. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I have definitely had wrong items included in show orders, but mostly just in addition to the entire order, not instead of a correct item. But it happens :). The warehouse makes mistakes sometimes!

Jul 27, 2009
  6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Yup. When the mix 'n chop first came out a guest got the star form insert (for the cake pans) instead. You know somebody in the warehouse said "What's a Mix 'N Chop" and somebody else said "you know, that star shaped thing ..." LOL When I called corporate, they didn't want it back. They said to keep it & sent the right item to the guest. I agree that you should let HO know. It's always easier to do the right thing than to try & explain your actions later.

Jul 27, 2009
  7. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Call in this adjustment. If you do it online, it will ALWAYS ask if you want to purchase it or send it back. 90% of the time if you call, they allow you to keep the extra item unless it is over $20... :)

Jul 27, 2009
Have something to add?