• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Discontinued and Updated List for?

price increases. But they always increase the quality of the items.Yes, they always increase the quality of the items.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Here is what i have if no one has yet.

Attachments

• Discontinued Products.doc
    60.4 KB · Views: 883
Wow, the linens are much better priced in a set of 4!

I know! I am thinking maybe now people will look at them. I looked at Target a few times and found some with similar prints at way better prices so I think we are more competitive now.

has anyone made up a "going, going, gone" flier yet for all the items that will be discontinued? I am going to miss the woven baskets.

doughmama said:
has anyone made up a "going, going, gone" flier yet for all the items that will be discontinued? I am going to miss the woven baskets.

I'm sure Joy is working on it.

The knife block set has been discontinued? Wow!

Belle4562 said:
The knife block set has been discontinued? Wow!

Not really, it's just that they are adding the new serrated knife and changing out the old kitchen shears for the new professional shears.

Wow! I can't believe that they actually reduced prices. Do we know if any items were increased in price yet?

Last edited:
I am really disappointed they discontinued the easy adjustable measuring spoon... I don't think the adjustable measuring spoons (even the new styles) are nearly as nice.

babywings76 said:
Not really, it's just that they are adding the new serrated knife and changing out the old kitchen shears for the new professional shears.

Thanks! Do you know if the block has changed?

No, the block is the same. Earlier, some people posted that it was different, but that's incorrect. They discontinued the knife block set--the set that we currently have, because it is assigned an item number and that is associated w/ the kitchen shears and only 8 knives. The new knife block set is a different item # and comes with the professional shears and the serrated knife.

babywings76 said:
No, the block is the same. Earlier, some people posted that it was different, but that's incorrect. They discontinued the knife block set--the set that we currently have, because it is assigned an item number and that is associated w/ the kitchen shears and only 8 knives. The new knife block set is a different item # and comes with the professional shears and the serrated knife.

Thank you for the quick reply and helpful information!!

You're welcome :)

but wouldn't the knife block need to be different to accommidate the new knife? i.e. 9 holes not 8. I am confused.

The knife block has a lot of slots, there's plenty of room. There are 14 slots. When you look at the picture of the block, you'll see that even with all these knives, there's room for more. You can fit steak knives in there too, if you wanted. I love this big block. I won't outgrow it! (better not jinx myself!)

I am sad that they are discontinuing the kitchen shears. I really love those!

I can seem to only cut with mine if something is close to the tip, does that make sense. Its like farther down the blade are not sharp, maybe it is operator error or a dude set of shears. I earned them in the sellathon for whatever season that they came out.

Mine are the same way, the further in you go, the harder to cut. But they are super sharp from the middle of the blade to the tip.

Well then it isn't just mine, I guess after the using the older style ones they seem so cheap.

Thanks John! This is the first news I have viewed.

PCMomto4 said:
I can seem to only cut with mine if something is close to the tip, does that make sense. Its like farther down the blade are not sharp, maybe it is operator error or a dude set of shears. I earned them in the sellathon for whatever season that they came out.

I had the same thing happen to mine. I caught my husband trying to cut a wire with them and I almost killed him! He thought they were just like the old white-handled ones (which would cut through wire like a hot knife through butter!). I used to like the newer shears, but now I can't stand them. Thank goodness they restyled them - I can't wait to get mine!!:thumbup:

Actually - I was kind of surprised they did not list price increases. Normally if there are any they do. I wonder if they did not have any though? I have not had a chance to compare the new catalog to the old.

pampered1224 said:
Actually - I was kind of surprised they did not list price increases. Normally if there are any they do. I wonder if they did not have any though? I have not had a chance to compare the new catalog to the old.

They never give us a list of price increases--we always have to figure it out ourselves.

I haven't sat down and compared the catalog, but at first glance I don't think there were that many, if any at all.

I didn't compare every item, but so far every time I glanced at the prices between the two they were the same. So far, anyway, I haven't seen a single increase. But the decreases are nice! :)

DebbieJ said:
They never give us a list of price increases--we always have to figure it out ourselves.

I haven't sat down and compared the catalog, but at first glance I don't think there were that many, if any at all.

No - at least last time, when they increased prices on cookware, plastics, etc..there was a list of price increases available on CC.

ChefBeckyD said:
No - at least last time, when they increased prices on cookware, plastics, etc..there was a list of price increases available on CC.

There may have been, I don't pay close attention to that.

But they NEVER announce it at conference (could you imagine the booing?) nor do they print it in the Consultant News.

And the last time we had big increases were because of the high petroleum prices, so they HAD to tell us about them.

Usually there's a list of increases in the Consultant News Special Edition. This year the only thing listed was decreases in price. :)

OK. The price changes were listed in the Fall/Winter 2008 Special Edition but not in the Spring/Summer 2009 Edition. SO... apparently the new pattern is to not tell us as of February 2009.

Were there prices that went up from the Fall/Winter to the Spring/Summer season? I only ask because they've always been very good about letting us know. As a matter of fact, it's a great way to boost sales in the last month of a season by pointing out that they'll cost more in a few weeks.

pampered1224 said:
OK. The price changes were listed in the Fall/Winter 2008 Special Edition but not in the Spring/Summer 2009 Edition. SO... apparently the new pattern is to not tell us as of February 2009.

John, they've printed them before in the SE CN, but in Feb, they didn't because there were so many, so instead, they were available as a printout online at CC

I've been going over the catalog, and I am not seeing any price increases for this season. How cool is that?

Thanks for the reminder, Becky. You're much more patient than I. I can't imagine going through page by page, item by item to figure out if there's been a price change.

Thanks John! Someone posted one on FB earlier and it was very confusing! It listed only the products being discontinued but no explanation on the restyled so there was a few "panicked" comments going on!

did shipping go up?

no it didn't

Can someone scan the sept and oct host special flyer in their kcn and post it....i would really like to get this asap

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • shaowchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nhpegt
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies