• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Restoring Color to Faded Cookware: Tips & Ideas

In summary, if your cookware has faded from the dishwasher, you can try the following: wash it in hot soapy water, use a non-abrasive pad to remove stubborn spots, and ammonia and water solution to remove stubborn stains.
kldiehl
I had a customer ask me how to get the color back into cookware after it has faded from the dishwasher. Anyone have any ideas? I haven't had mine long so I really have not dealt with that problem. Thanks for any tips you might have.

Well, if it is the proffessional cookware she was not supposed to put in the dishwasher. It will get a cloudy dull look to it. The generation II should be fine in the dishwasher unless maybe she has hard water. Maybe a wash through the dishwasher with vinegar or that CLR cleaner. My director has the gen 2 cookware and has for years. She proudly tells everyone that she puts in the dishwasher and it still looks new.

I actually don't put either type of cookware in the dishwasher. But here are the instructions for the Gen. II cookware that I copied and pasted from the Use and Care off CC.

How to Clean [return to top]
For best results, wash the cooled pans and lids in hot soapy water to remove grease or food particles from the interior and exterior surface of the cookware. Do not use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads. A sponge or soft dishcloth will clean the surface thoroughly and safely. Thorough washing prevents staining caused by a build-up of food or grease residues which can burn when reheated.
To remove stubborn spots from the interior nonstick surface, use a non-abrasive pad. For best results, use only those products which clearly state “safe for cleaning nonstick surfaces.” A spotted white film, caused from hard water (minerals in water) or the starch in some foods, may form on the nonstick surface. This can be removed by rubbing the surface with a sponge that has been dipped in vinegar or lemon juice. Then wash, rinse, dry and recondition the nonstick surface with cooking oil.
To remove stubborn stains from the exterior porcelain enamel surface, rub the surface using a non-abrasive pad that has been dipped in a solution of equal parts of ammonia and water. Do not allow the pans to soak in the solution. Wash, rinse and dry before using.
The Generation II Cookware may be washed in an automatic dishwasher without damage to the nonstick surface. Like most fine cookware, hand washing is preferable, since the cumulative effect of strong agitation and dishwasher detergent can dull the exterior appearance. Follow your dishwasher manufacturer’s instructions carefully.

Thanks so much for your help. I will let her know those tips.

My DH put 2 of my professional pans in the dishwasher :eek: and when I called HO to ask how to get the color back from the gray look they now have. They not only said that there's nothing that will help but that the pans are no longer underthe lifetime warranty once they've been in the dishwasher :mad: . It clearly states in the use and care that we are not put put them in the dishwasher. Be sure to tell everyone who purchases them about that!

Another thing: The warranty is also nullilfied if they use metal utensils on them per HO.

1. How can I restore the color of my faded cookware?

To restore the color of your faded cookware, you can try soaking it in a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water for about an hour. Then, scrub the cookware with a non-abrasive sponge and rinse it thoroughly. You can also try using a paste of baking soda and water to scrub the cookware, followed by a thorough rinse.

2. Will using harsh chemicals damage my cookware while trying to restore its color?

Yes, harsh chemicals can potentially damage your cookware while trying to restore its color. It is best to avoid using harsh chemicals and instead opt for natural cleaning methods such as vinegar and baking soda.

3. How often should I restore the color of my cookware?

The frequency of restoring the color of your cookware depends on how often you use it and how well you take care of it. Generally, cookware may need to be restored every few months to maintain its color and appearance.

4. Can I use the same method to restore color on all types of cookware?

No, the method to restore color may vary depending on the type of cookware. For example, you may need to use a different method for restoring color on stainless steel cookware compared to cast iron cookware. It is best to refer to the manufacturer's instructions or do some research to find the best method for your specific type of cookware.

5. Is there a specific product that you recommend for restoring color to cookware?

We do not endorse any specific product for restoring color to cookware. However, natural cleaning methods such as vinegar and baking soda have been known to be effective in restoring color to faded cookware. You can also try using specialized cookware cleaners that are made specifically for the type of cookware you have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dhclemons
  • esavvymom