• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointed About Scooter/Wheelchair

In summary, Mamaw Jane is upset because she was not told that there would be a cost for using a wheelchair at the conference and she was told that HO would provide them, but now she is told that she will have to either find someone to push her or rent one.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
I received an email from HO late afternoon Tuesday from "Erika Myhre", Meetings Coordinator. It seems that wheelchairs will be available but I have to either find someone to push me (which I absolutely hate the idea of) or "hire" someone through Scootaround. They are not going to provide the "Temporary Assistants" as in years past. She said that if I preferred a Scooter, I would have to RENT ONE myself from Scootaround. Now when I talked to her a couple of weeks ago, she assured me that HO would PROVIDE a scooter. Now I may be wrong but I thought "provide" meant no cost... I even made the statement that I needed to know the cost to work it into my budget! Someone here said they had called the McCormick Center and that the rental was $175 for 3 days! Good grief! I sure didn't budget for that! I am so upset now because I can't cancel my airline ticket but my pain has been really bad a lot lately and I don't move very fast at all with my cane. Anyone gone in years past and needed either of these? I did email her back and ask her why I was told it would be provided and to just ask for it at the Information Desk. I cc'd my Upline Director, ED, and HD in hopes someone can find out what is going on! I know as a "mere Consultant", I don't have much pull but maybe an ED will!

I didn't know about the "temporary assistants" the year I needed a wheelchair. I was at the mercy of my wonderful clustermates... A humbling experience, as I don't like to have to rely on others, but the girls were great about it.

That's terrible! Although, I'm sure someone wouldn't mind helping you w/ getting you around. It's too bad you're not in my Wave, cause I'd do it! Like Ann said, maybe you could ask a clustermate or someone?

Mamaw Jane, you know I'll be happy to push you around as much as possible!! Don't worry about it too much - I'm sure lots of people will feel privileged to help you out. Is Crystal in our Wave? She enjoys pushing wheelchairs, too! (Or, maybe that's just for Dad ;->)

pampchefsarah said:
Mamaw Jane, you know I'll be happy to push you around as much as possible!! Don't worry about it too much - I'm sure lots of people will feel privileged to help you out. Is Crystal in our Wave? She enjoys pushing wheelchairs, too! (Or, maybe that's just for Dad ;->)

I LOVE pushing people around - wait that didn't sound right. ;)

I would be honored to be your official engine Jane, and I would only charge you a smile. :D But I am unable to make it this year. :cry: DH will probably be around to watch the kids, but since he hasn't been at work for 5 months all my 'conference $$' is helping to pay the bills. I would have been in Wave 1.

I know what you are saying about depending on people to get around in a wheelchair, BUT please keep in mind the people you will be around are some of the best people I have run across. (I think we can all agree we are just too darn wonderful:sing:) I don't think anyone would feel you are a burden, actually I'd check on the seat-belt option, it could end up a wild ride!!!

I'm surprised at the development. However, like others have said, I'm sure you won't have trouble finding people to help.

I have a feeling you talked to someone who did not know the details. I believe that you have always had to rent the scooters (didn't know they cost that much though). Since you were told one thing then they changed the rules at such a late date, I would see about getting them to give you a break on the cost of the scooter. Good luck!

I believe you have always had to provide your own "pusher." My D needed a wheelchair one year due to knee surgery and our clustermates just pushed her around. It was no big deal. I'm sure your clustermates would be glad to help.

My ED after seeing the 2nd email from HO told me she would pay for it! I still told Erika that this should be including as part of the Registration info so that people like me who don't have credit cards would know about it to put into their budget! Thanks to all of you for your support! I really appreciate all the kind words and offers to "push me around"! Those in Wave 2, I'll see you there! Just beware I stop the Walmart scooters pretty well but these are the Scooter Store ones and will be much better! LOL!

pamperedlinda said:
I have a feeling you talked to someone who did not know the details. I believe that you have always had to rent the scooters (didn't know they cost that much though). Since you were told one thing then they changed the rules at such a late date, I would see about getting them to give you a break on the cost of the scooter. Good luck!

It was from the lady who is over the HO Meetings Coordinator! I would think she would know better!

pcchefjane said:
It was from the lady who is over the HO Meetings Coordinator! I would think she would know better!

Yep - she should!

I have a cluster-mate who due to a bad hip, requested a wheel chair the past two conferences. There was no one from HO to help her. Based on what I witnessed, I would reccommend you ask your friends to help you out. I know that they will be more than eager to do this, BUT, my advice is to make out some kind of schedule ahead of time. There were times when there were several of us around, and times when there was no one around to help. With a little pre-planning you can make this work!!!

1. Why should I consider purchasing a scooter or wheelchair from Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we are dedicated to providing high-quality and reliable products for our customers. Our scooters and wheelchairs are designed with comfort, safety, and durability in mind, making them a great option for those in need of mobility assistance.

2. What makes Pampered Chef's scooters and wheelchairs different from other brands?

Our scooters and wheelchairs are specially crafted with ergonomic features to ensure maximum comfort and ease of use. Additionally, we offer a wide range of customization options to meet the specific needs and preferences of our customers.

3. Can I try out a scooter or wheelchair before purchasing?

Yes, we offer a 30-day trial period for our scooters and wheelchairs. This allows you to test the product and make sure it meets your needs before committing to a purchase.

4. Do you offer any warranties or guarantees for your scooters and wheelchairs?

Yes, we offer a 1-year warranty on all of our scooters and wheelchairs. This covers any defects or malfunctions that may occur during normal use.

5. How do I know which scooter or wheelchair is right for me?

We understand that every individual's needs and preferences are unique. That's why we have a team of experts available to assist you in finding the perfect scooter or wheelchair for your specific situation. You can also take our online quiz to help narrow down your options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies