• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Physical Challenges: Disabled Consultants Share Tips | Join Now

At my show today a lady who is dying to join has a physical limitation. ... As soon as she learns how to overcome it she will sign-up. She was working with a consultant previously who stopped talking to her after she wasn't able to help her. ... She uses arm crutches to walk. ... I am not sure of her exact disease, but she does not have full use of her legs. ... She can walk, but with the crutches. ... She wants to know how she can get the products in and out of her vehicle. That was her only concern. ... She lives alone; no kids or husband. ... Thank you for your help. I couldn't believe how excited she was that I was going to
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Okay ladies I really need your help. I know there are alot of you out there that have physical challenges. How have you overcome them? I am asking because at my show today a lady who is dying to join has a physical limitation. As soon as she learns how to overcome it she will sign-up. She was working with a consultant previously who stopped talking to her after she wasn't able to help her.

She uses arm crutches to walk. I am not sure of her exact disease, but she does not have full use of her legs. She can walk, but with the crutches. She wants to know how she can get the products in and out of her vehicle. That was her only concern. She lives alone; no kids or husband.

Thank you for your help. I couldn't believe how excited she was that I was going to research for her. I hope we can come up with something good for her. :)

helping a handicapped recruit
Chef Kearns said:
Okay ladies I really need your help. I know there are alot of you out there that have physical challenges. How have you overcome them? I am asking because at my show today a lady who is dying to join has a physical limitation. As soon as she learns how to overcome it she will sign-up. She was working with a consultant previously who stopped talking to her after she wasn't able to help her.

She uses arm crutches to walk. I am not sure of her exact disease, but she does not have full use of her legs. She can walk, but with the crutches. She wants to know how she can get the products in and out of her vehicle. That was her only concern. She lives alone; no kids or husband.

Thank you for your help. I couldn't believe how excited she was that I was going to research for her. I hope we can come up with something good for her. :)
How does she do her grocery and other shopping? Is there a teenager in her neighborhood who would like to make a couple dollars by carrying for her? Consultants hire babysitters so they can do their shows, why not "toters"? Help her brainstorm on how she manages in other areas of her life and I bet she'll come up with solutions. We do have consultants who are successful in PC in wheelchairs - some crossed the stage at National Conference last year!

I would say that she could ask her host to carry her crate for her. I have host who come out to help me all the time.

This could be part of her story at the show. "The nice thing about P.C. is that it works for anybody! I am able to do P.C. because my hosts are awesome. They carry my crates in and out for me."

It would just be part of the host's responsibilities just like getting groceries. I don't think it would be a big deal.

I agree with Ginger. I can't imagine any host would ever not want to help. I think it would be important for her to tell the host though of what she will need help with before she does the show.
Tell her to go for it, then tell her about this site so we can cheer her on!! :D

I have Systemic Lupus. It's a type of arthritic disease. I never know when my hands, knees, feet, joints in general are going to work "with me". Most shows have been booked from previous shows where I have told everyone I have arthritis then go on to demo the jar opener. Therefore my hosts already know before hand I sometimes have joint "issues". :rolleyes: If I am having a difficult day I ask my host if they could help me carry things in. They are always more than happy to help. Most times they will round up the kids and hubby to help! :) During the show I have a guest do the hands on demo if my hands are bothering me. They do the chopping and cutting for me. I've never had any problem getting help from anyone, host or guests. As long as they are having a good time, they don't care. Just be up front about it.

I agree with luvs2sellit. Tell her to go for it and to keep us posted so we can cheer her on! :D

Lee Anne

Chef Kearns said:

Chef Kerns,

I too have a new recruit that will be signing in June who is disabled. This wonman does have full use of her legs but tires easily. I think she too will have trouble carrying her crate from place to place. I want to help her find solutions now so that she doesn't quit before she even gets started.

I would suggest one of those carts with wheels that has a flat surface that you can set items on top of and wheel around. I think the wheels are positioned so that it may pull up small staricases so long as her crate is not too heavy. This wouldn't help her get it in and out of her car but it would help her past that point.

The other thing that may help her is to not put her stones in her crate. She can order the stoneware tote off the paperwork supply order form that she can throw over her shoulder and still have her hands to use her crutches.

The biggest suggestion I would give her is to take only what she needs for each show. I myself suffer from "wanting to show everything" itis. By realizing that she can show what she didn't at one at another. This will lighten her load tremendously.

Good luck to you and to her. She can do this. She just has to be willing to ask for some help.

Those all sound like good ideas. Just wanted to add that I've been a consultant since March and I have MS which sometimes gets in the way of carrying heavy things - I have had success getting help in the set up from neighbours at the home end and then from the host at her home. I always tell the story that I am selling PC because I had to cut back on my work hours due to MS and that selling PC allows me to be flexible with my illness. Disability should not be a barrier to doing the things we love to do - especially selling PC products.

What types of physical challenges do the disabled consultants at Pampered Chef face?

The physical challenges faced by disabled consultants at Pampered Chef vary, as each individual may have different disabilities. Some common challenges may include mobility limitations, chronic pain, visual impairments, and hand dexterity issues.

How does Pampered Chef support their disabled consultants?

Pampered Chef is committed to providing equal opportunities and support for all of its consultants, including those with disabilities. We offer accommodations such as flexible work schedules and assistive technology to help our disabled consultants thrive in their roles.

What tips do the disabled consultants at Pampered Chef have for overcoming physical challenges?

Our disabled consultants have shared a variety of tips for overcoming physical challenges in their roles. Some common suggestions include utilizing adaptive equipment, taking breaks when needed, and communicating openly with team members and leaders about any accommodations or support needed.

Can non-disabled individuals also join Pampered Chef's team of consultants?

Yes, Pampered Chef welcomes individuals of all abilities to join our team of consultants. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse community where everyone can thrive and contribute their unique talents and skills.

How can I learn more about Pampered Chef's commitment to supporting disabled consultants?

You can learn more about Pampered Chef's dedication to supporting disabled consultants by visiting our website or reaching out to our customer service team. We are happy to answer any questions and provide more information about our inclusive workplace culture and policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpchefrebecca
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • alidafrizzell
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956