• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning a Persistent Stain on Sheet Pan

In summary, our Stainless Steel Cleaner is a good option to try if the sheet pan has persistent reddish splotches.
beepampered
A guest tonight has a sheet pan that has stain marks in the corner. She has tried soaking and cleaning numerous ways but this persistant reddish splots remain in the corner. Is this expected? How should she clean? Thanks.

I've never heard of reddish spots being a problem. I'd suggest our Stainless Steel Cleaner.

It could be rust. My square pan has a red colored spot on it-looks like rust, plus the "coating" is coming off in several spots. Since I earned it when they first came out, I wonder if it was just a dud. I need to call it in to the home office.
Deb

Here's what my guest said via email...."The sheet pan gets burnt stuff on it that looks like it needs to be scrubbed off with a brillo pad or such."Any thoughts on cleaning it? Thanks...BEE

How about using Bar Keepers friend. It is in the supermarket near the Comet.

And, she will need to keep up with cleaning it.

Last night I thought about this post. I used the Small Pan to heat taco shells. Some "oil" residue heats off of the shells and made it way to the corners.

If I was not looking very close - and the pan did not appear very dirty - heck - it just heated taco shells, I might have given it a quick wash with the dish rag and soap. But, then I looked closer at the little bit of oil that was in the corner. I cleaned it and it came off. But, if I had ignored it, I could see that it is possible it would keep getting "cooked" on with each additional use.

Maybe that's why she is having trouble getting it clean.

Good advice here but I am shaking my head here. These are sheet pans. When they are used they will get these kinds of stains on them and won't look brand new. I have never had sheet pans that looked pretty once I used them. I find it interesting that people think our products should look brand new forever.

Remember when they sheet pans first came out they discovered they discolored. HO, I thought, sent out new sheet pan's, as least to the consultants. So when did she purchase the sheet pan's? Check out CC and see if you can find the information regarding them. The consultant might of had to contact the customer's about the problem.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your guest is having trouble with a persistent stain on her sheet pan. While it's not uncommon for sheet pans to develop stains over time, it sounds like this one is particularly stubborn. Here are a few tips that may help with removing the stain:
1. Try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for a few hours before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge.
2. You can also try using a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to soak the pan overnight.
3. For tougher stains, you may want to try using a mild abrasive cleaner, such as a soft scrub or a magic eraser.
4. If the stain still won't budge, you may need to invest in a new sheet pan. It's important to note that some stains, especially those from acidic foods, may not come out completely. However, with regular cleaning and proper care, you can prevent future stains from forming. I hope these tips help and your guest is able to get her sheet pan looking like new again!

1. How do I remove burnt-on residue from my sheet pan?

To remove burnt-on residue, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Spread the paste onto the stained areas of the sheet pan and let it sit for about an hour. Then, use a scrub brush or non-abrasive sponge to scrub the residue away. Rinse with warm water and dry the pan thoroughly.

2. Can I use harsh chemicals to clean my sheet pan?

No, it is not recommended to use harsh chemicals on your sheet pan as they can be corrosive and potentially damage the pan. Stick to natural cleaning solutions like baking soda and vinegar.

3. How do I remove rust from my sheet pan?

To remove rust from a sheet pan, sprinkle a generous amount of salt onto the rusted areas. Then, cut a lemon in half and use the cut side to scrub the salt into the rust. Let it sit for about 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water and dry the pan thoroughly.

4. Can I put my sheet pan in the dishwasher?

Yes, most sheet pans are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm water and mild soap to prolong their lifespan and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher chemicals.

5. How do I prevent stains and buildup on my sheet pan?

To prevent stains and buildup on your sheet pan, line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil before use. This will also make for easier cleanup as you can simply remove the lining after use. Avoid using metal utensils on the pan, as this can cause scratches and make it more prone to stains.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JanisF
Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess
  • Mel92504
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab