• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Director Retreat Notes: Insights from Amy Neal - COLLEEN's Recap

I attended my director's director retreat two weeks ago and had the pleasure of hearing Amy Neal speak about her success plan. These retreats are typically organized by Executive Directors and above and invite Directors from their downlines to attend. The retreat is usually one or two days and includes various activities and sessions. Unfortunately, the cost of flights can be expensive for some directors. Some directors, including Colleen, will be attending a different retreat organized by other directors this weekend. One attendee, Nikki Portillo, is highly praised by her upline and is known for her leadership and success in her business.
finley1991
I attended my director's director retreat two weeks ago. I have my notes written up and wanted to share. I'm sure they are a repeat of what others have posted recently but wanted to share them in case anyone missed them.

Amy Neal was our guest speaker and laid out her success plan that got her to Executive Director.

Hope they help! --- COLLEEN :)

Attachments

• 2009 Career Plan.doc
    43 KB · Views: 293
  • 2009 Career Plan.doc
    43 KB · Views: 317
My director has never had a Director Retreat......
is it a 1 day thing???
I'm just curious b/c it sounds like fun :)

Do a lot of your director's do this??

I've been to 3-4 and they've always been done by EDs and up and they invite the D's in their downlines to attend. Ours was at a beach house in NC and was Friday-Saturday night. Most left Sunday morning, except for 3 that left Saturday night.

That sounds like a lot of FUN!!!!!

It was great!!!!

I wish I could have made it!! I was so sad!! I heard it was fabulous!!:)

But next year I will definately be there since we won't have the big leadership!

fruit76loop said:
But next year I will definately be there since we won't have the big leadership!

Good! We are going to Chris' in FL!!!!!

Anyone on here attending the Manion/McDonald/Pruessner/Petrey Retreat this weekend????

finley1991 said:
Anyone on here attending the Manion/McDonald/Pruessner/Petrey Retreat this weekend????

My upline, Joanne Wilhelm and one of my downline, Nikki Portillo are attending. Not sure but I would bet more from the Wilhelm downline will be there.

Flights were just far too high for me to go.:(

baychef said:
My upline, Joanne Wilhelm and one of my downline, Nikki Portillo are attending. Not sure but I would bet more from the Wilhelm downline will be there.

Flights were just far too high for me to go.:(

I SO wish you were going Ann! We would have so much fun! I REALLY lucked out on my flight. It should be interesting with the weather there... it's supposed to be snowing a bit next weekend as well so we will see!!!!!

I'll post my notes when I get back.

baychef said:
My upline, Joanne Wilhelm and one of my downline, Nikki Portillo are attending. Not sure but I would bet more from the Wilhelm downline will be there. Flights were just far too high for me to go.:(

Ann - If I didn't love ya just for being from NY and knowing where you are from exactly - now I know I love you! I got the PLEASURE of getting to know, and now call 'friend', Nikki Portillo at New Directors Academy. We were like two peas in a pod! I was so happy when she told me she was going to the retreat. I can't wait to swap notes.

I got the awesome experience of spending a whole weekend with Nancy Jo Ryan in October at our first ever local Directors Retreat with our new Exec Karen Daniels. I believe NJR is going to be at the Manion one too!

Wow - its a small world! :)

Melissa78 said:
I believe NJR is going to be at the Manion one too!

Wow - its a small world! :)

She is and I'm so excited about that! Years ago, when Barb was NJR's assistant, we (in on the Manion Team) used to get all of NJR's info and be invited to the retreats and I actually went to 2-3 of them because they are closer to me. But when she got her new assistant all communication STOPPED. :mad: I requested a few times that we still get the info/invitations but never heard anything. :confused:

Melissa could you please introduce Colleen to Nikki as well? If you can. Nikki is a remarkable woman. She does not work outside the home, but let me tell you she has had a very full plate. She has built an incredible team and is so close to having someone promote. She will be moving to Texas in March or April and we will miss her dearly. (Her husband is in the Army) But I will be helping keep her team going up this way and she will be in contact with them via phone, Skype or what ever way she can. She has a very nice team.

Nikki is my 2nd generation Director. I can't say enough good about her. Love her to bits and she is an incredible PC consultant and leader.

Thanks for sharing Colleen....I wish we had the same option available to us.

Nikki is driving down because her parents live in GA. Weather-wise, I am so glad that I did not spend $450 plus just for a flight to Atlanta. Will be thinking of all of you with envy.

baychef said:
Melissa could you please introduce Colleen to Nikki as well? If you can. Nikki is a remarkable woman. She does not work outside the home, but let me tell you she has had a very full plate. She has built an incredible team and is so close to having someone promote. She will be moving to Texas in March or April and we will miss her dearly. (Her husband is in the Army) But I will be helping keep her team going up this way and she will be in contact with them via phone, Skype or what ever way she can. She has a very nice team.

Nikki is my 2nd generation Director. I can't say enough good about her. Love her to bits and she is an incredible PC consultant and leader.

Sorry Ann I'm not going or else I would introduce the two of them. I have no doubts though that Nikki will 'work the room' and meet as many peeps as she can. She's so outgoing and personable. I must say she is the most positive, upbeat person I have met in a long time. I was blessed to have 'destined' to meet her as we flew in at the same time, rode in the same car to the hotel and then were assigned at the same table at NDA. You are very blessed to have her in your downline. She'll do wonderful in Texas. Looking forward to seeing her at Conference (and maybe you as well!) :D

Here are my notes from this past weekend! :)

Attachments

• 2011 Director Retreat Notes.doc
    99 KB · Views: 287
Melissa78 said:
(and maybe you as well!) :D
You bet I'll be there!!!

And Colleen, thanks for the notes:love0010::candyheart::candyheart::love0010:

finley1991 said:
Here are my notes from this past weekend! :)

Thanks Colleen! You take great notes...must be the Michigan education :D!! I grew up in Canton Michigan ;) So glad you had a wonderful time.

finley1991 said:
She is and I'm so excited about that! Years ago, when Barb was NJR's assistant, we (in on the Manion Team) used to get all of NJR's info and be invited to the retreats and I actually went to 2-3 of them because they are closer to me. But when she got her new assistant all communication STOPPED. :mad: I requested a few times that we still get the info/invitations but never heard anything. :confused:

Aww, that's a bummer! When I get info I'll send it to you! But since I'm a TL, I don't get word of much anymore either. And honestly Patti and Marie have taken over a lot of the local retreat/meeting stuff and NJR is doing more traveling it seems.

1. What is the purpose of Director Retreat Notes?

The purpose of Director Retreat Notes is to provide a comprehensive overview of the annual Director Retreat event, including important information and updates shared during the event, as well as action items and key takeaways for attendees.

2. Who is responsible for creating Director Retreat Notes?

The Director Retreat Notes are typically created by a designated member of the Pampered Chef corporate team. They may also be created collaboratively by multiple team members.

3. How can I access Director Retreat Notes?

Director Retreat Notes are typically distributed via email to all attendees following the event. They may also be posted on the Pampered Chef website or shared through the company's internal communication channels.

4. Can I share Director Retreat Notes with my team?

Yes, Director Retreat Notes are meant to be shared with all attendees and can be distributed to your team members who were unable to attend the event. This can help ensure that everyone is on the same page and has access to important updates and information.

5. Are Director Retreat Notes confidential?

No, Director Retreat Notes are not considered confidential and can be shared with anyone within the Pampered Chef community. However, it is important to respect any proprietary information or sensitive topics that may have been discussed during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chef_kimmo