• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Income with Director Overrides | April Sales Update

In summary, Janice earned Director pay for April because she has the 2 Senior Consultants she needs for that title. She also made $584 on overrides and $1142 on her own commission. She says her goal for this year is to make more than she would have made working as a Respiratory Therapist.
jwpamp
Wow, I just looked at my direct deposit this morning, and I received "Director" pay for April because they are doing that 3-month extension of our title..... however, I actually am a REAL Director THIS month because I now have the 2 Senior Consultants I need for that.

Anyway, in April, I had $4249 in personal sales. My team sales were over $15,000 for last month.

I made $1142 on my own commission (for doing 4 shows) and $584 on overrides!

I know that many of you make much more, but that is amazing to me! My husband said that as soon as I hit a 6-figure income he is retiring (uh, he's 47....). I know I have a way to go, but at least there IS a light at the end of the tunnel --

Oh, by the way, in April, I made as much as I would have made working as a Respiratory Therapist (my past life)-- and I didn't have to deal with the nasty, self-serving people that I used to at work...

This is my kinda place!

Great job Janice! Congratulations!

WOW!!!!!! Way to go!

Thank you -- I guess I am tooting my own horn, but I really am trying to get the overrides to match or exceed my own personal commission.

That is my goal for this year.

Anyone else with me on that?

jwpamp said:
Thank you -- I guess I am tooting my own horn, but I really am trying to get the overrides to match or exceed my own personal commission.

Toot toot away, you deserve to toot!

I would love to earn more in overrides than my personal business. That is when you truly have a really strong business!

jwpamp said:

TOOT!!!!!!! You earned the right!

You know, it was enlightening when you think of those upper level directors who make so much income -- they are STILL only doing 2 shows a week (or maybe even 1) and they make 100x what they did when they started.

I guess that was my "aha". Nancy Jo, Marie, Sherri, they have all said to TEACH others to do what you are doing....well, I finally AM.

We'll see where it goes to from here, but for now I am looking to the future!

YAY Janice! I LOVE stories like this! They keep me so inspired! :D

Congrats! I forgot today was payday too, thanks for the reminder.

Way to go Janice!!
My check was pretty awesome too...in my pt job i worked 6 days from 9 - 4 with 1 hr travel time each way...well i brought home more $ with doing 6 pc shows...with overrides and recruiting bonuses and that is the story i am trying to tell and show everyone...and believe me...if I can DO this business...You can too....!!
I LOVE PC :)
i still have to work on getting my team to recruit!! that is where i am falling short...:(

Thx to all...

You know, my goal is still to do my $4k - $7k in personal sales per month, but instead of trying to kill my self with 5 figure monthly sales (btw, I truly do not know how some do $30,000 per month EVERY month --that is a $1000 show EVERY DAY OF THE MONTH, but that is a whole nother thread)....I think that the "teaching what you do" is the key.

Wow!! That's awesome!! Congrats!!:)

I can't wait for the Statements to post. They were supposed to figure pay at both plans to see which one paid better. I was supposed to get $60 recruit bonus and free conference. Not sure if they were in there. Every month I can figure my check out to a tee, this month it didn't match.
I have been a Director now for almost 2 years and it is great to watch my over rides grow. It has made a big difference over the last 6 months.

where are the statements!!! I am dying to see mine.

I hope they go up soon. I need to figure this out.
Did anyone earn half or free and have it in today's pay?

I earned 1/2 off but I had not done my registration so I'm sure my refund from Conference Club will not be in my check today. Hopefully next month I guess. I should have been more on top of that one!

jwpamp said:
Wow, I just looked at my direct deposit this morning, and I received "Director" pay for April because they are doing that 3-month extension of our title..... however, I actually am a REAL Director THIS month because I now have the 2 Senior Consultants I need for that.

Anyway, in April, I had $4249 in personal sales. My team sales were over $15,000 for last month.

I made $1142 on my own commission (for doing 4 shows) and $584 on overrides!

I know that many of you make much more, but that is amazing to me! My husband said that as soon as I hit a 6-figure income he is retiring (uh, he's 47....). I know I have a way to go, but at least there IS a light at the end of the tunnel --

Oh, by the way, in April, I made as much as I would have made working as a Respiratory Therapist (my past life)-- and I didn't have to deal with the nasty, self-serving people that I used to at work...

This is my kinda place!

That's awesome!! It's so cool to see when this job exceeds what we got out of past jobs - both in pay and other forms of recognition. That's so cool! My husband says the same thing....that if I start bringing home that 6 figure income, he's going to retire too and just play golf all the time. :rolleyes: we'll see about that!

pckrissy said:
Way to go Janice!!
My check was pretty awesome too...in my pt job i worked 6 days from 9 - 4 with 1 hr travel time each way...well i brought home more $ with doing 6 pc shows...with overrides and recruiting bonuses and that is the story i am trying to tell and show everyone...and believe me...if I can DO this business...You can too....!!
I LOVE PC :)
i still have to work on getting my team to recruit!! that is where i am falling short...:(

That's so cool!! I love to hear these stories!!

pamperedbecky said:
That's awesome!! It's so cool to see when this job exceeds what we got out of past jobs - both in pay and other forms of recognition. That's so cool! My husband says the same thing....that if I start bringing home that 6 figure income, he's going to retire too and just play golf all the time. :rolleyes: we'll see about that!

:) Well, if your dh's get to retire, will you ask them to at least tote your bag to and from your car when you have shows? ;) I'd love to see all of us in the place where our hubby's could retire! Let's get at it! Speaking of which, I better call some hosts.

quiverfull7 said:
:) Well, if your dh's get to retire, will you ask them to at least tote your bag to and from your car when you have shows? ;) I'd love to see all of us in the place where our hubby's could retire! Let's get at it! Speaking of which, I better call some hosts.

:D:D I'd love that! There was a time when he used to do my dishes for me sometimes. Where did those times go??? I'll definitely put that back in place when he's able to retire because of me and my business. If not before!:D

That's AWESOME Janice!! How exciting to see that!! I can't wait for the statements to post as well. I hope there is some sort of comparison for us. I figured I would get about $1700 and I got $1761 but I want to see how it came to be....

I had more in mine than I expected too...I'll be very interested to see the statements when they post!!

I just can't believe they're not posted yet! Off to pack for my show tonight...

Maybe they are ADDING more money to our month and it's just taking SO long to do it! Well... it was a nice thought while it lasted wasn't it?

quiverfull7 said:
Maybe they are ADDING more money to our month and it's just taking SO long to do it! Well... it was a nice thought while it lasted wasn't it?

Alright, I'm leaving in 10 minutes and keep checking b/c I want to see the breakdown. UGH!! Oh well. Hopefully it'll be up when I return home!

I love the thought of them adding money. What they're probably doing is posting it once the financial dept is closed so they can field all the calls on Monday!!

pampmomof3 said:
Alright, I'm leaving in 10 minutes and keep checking b/c I want to see the breakdown. UGH!! Oh well. Hopefully it'll be up when I return home!

I love the thought of them adding money. What they're probably doing is posting it once the financial dept is closed so they can field all the calls on Monday!!

Have a SUPER show!

Well.. it's up and I'm kind of confused but it just seems from what I had figured that it would be more... I was paid as a Team Leader.
I wish we could compare both ways.

I don't get mine either.... I hope they have a breakdown somewhere online or HO is going to be getting a lot of phone calls!

I was paid as a Team Leader as well and am really really really bummed.UPDATE: Okay... I think I get it... it looks like I was paid as a director under the new plan with the "Transition Plan Adjustment Payment".Hopefully they will make it clear to us how they are doing it!!!!!

Mine said paid as a Team Leader, but at the very bottom, above the Total Payment is a line that says "Transition Plan Adjustment".That is the amount that they ADDED to your pay if you were a Director before April 1st.I DID get paid as a Director under the old plan....but no Production Bonus....my upline got my $10 per consultant production bonus instead of me since I was really a "Team Leader"

jwpamp said:
.but no Production Bonus...

I had zero by my production bonus as well, but when I figured out manually what I should have earned under the old plan, the amount for my production bonus was figured into the Transition Plan Adjustment Payment... as far as I can tell... I think... but then, am really not sure!!!! :eek:

That could be....soooooo confusing!!!! I am just glad that they gave me back some of my Conference $$.

Wow these are so confusing. I'm bummed and on hold with HO now. I submitted $5,684 in sales and they were all April shows. So I should have earned FREE and they only gave me back $99.98. The only thing I can think of is one of my April shows went on hold on 4/30 for declined payment. I was able to get the payment resolved on 5/2. I will be getting a call back in 40 min. I hope they fix this.

I've been looking at this for 2 hours and seriously... it's the adjustment that keeps messing me up!!!!! :eek:

I got paid as a director under the new plan (no transition adjustment) but I didn't get my reimbursement for half price conference that I earned. My shows were not on hold and have been shipped but 2 of them were submitted on the 30th. I wonder if that is why? Since some of you have gotten the refund already do you think I need to call them about it? All of my sales were April sales so I know they all counted.

I wish they would show what we would have been paid in both programs so we could see the difference without having to do the math ourselves.

bethcooks4u said:
I got paid as a director under the new plan (no transition adjustment) but I didn't get my reimbursement for half price conference that I earned. My shows were not on hold and have been shipped but 2 of them were submitted on the 30th. I wonder if that is why? Since some of you have gotten the refund already do you think I need to call them about it? All of my sales were April sales so I know they all counted.

I wish they would show what we would have been paid in both programs so we could see the difference without having to do the math ourselves.

I got my call back, but I'm still on hold. I'll update you all after. I know one of my consultants who earned 1/2 price didn't get her refund either.

Someone else said the 1/2 price is being refunded AFTER conference--I guess to make sure that you really go? Check the fine print of the promo flyer (I haven't checked the flyer or my statement yet for myself).

I just got off the phone. Of my 40 min phone call, I spent 30 min on hold. I was transfered and on hold again. She looked through it all and said, yes you had the sales and all falls into play. She couldn't tell me why I didn't get the full refund. She has to look into it further and figure it out. She read the promo details and it says that full and half price will be refunded how you paid. So even she agreed I should of got the $200 in my commission. So now I wait until Monday for them to figure it out.

chefkugler said:
I just got off the phone. Of my 40 min phone call, I spent 30 min on hold. I was transfered and on hold again. She looked through it all and said, yes you had the sales and all falls into play. She couldn't tell me why I didn't get the full refund. She has to look into it further and figure it out. She read the promo details and it says that full and half price will be refunded how you paid. So even she agreed I should of got the $200 in my commission. So now I wait until Monday for them to figure it out.

Right. I used conference club so I should be refunded that on my next paycheck (which from what you guys have said should have been today). I sent HO an email so I'm sure they'll check on it and let me know. It'll probably be on the next commission check.

I don't think they will wait to reimburse when we paid by conference club because if we end up cancelling we would be reimbursed the amount we paid at that time (so in my case if I cancelled I would be reimbursed $100 - once they give me the incentive refund).

Same here...earned half-price and didn't get a refund. Oh well, less money for me to spend! Maybe that's a good thing...

jwpamp said:
Mine said paid as a Team Leader, but at the very bottom, above the Total Payment is a line that says "Transition Plan Adjustment".

That is the amount that they ADDED to your pay if you were a Director before April 1st.

I DID get paid as a Director under the old plan....but no Production Bonus....my upline got my $10 per consultant production bonus instead of me since I was really a "Team Leader"

Okay that explains that. Bummer! So had the two new people that my team recruited qualified LAST month, ALL those bonuses would have been mine. We still got the old "bonus" right? What was it? $7 or $5 per team member?

I don't understand my paycheck either!! I second the vote with the comparison chart so I can try and understand it.

And, I earned free conference but was only reimbursed $100 and not $200. Weird!

From what I have experienced, and from what I expected, the new online stuff and new career plan haven't had as many bumps as I imagined. I think HO is doing a great job, but we still need to gently let them know (complain :D) when we are confused or something is wrong.

cmdtrgd said:
From what I have experienced, and from what I expected, the new online stuff and new career plan haven't had as many bumps as I imagined. I think HO is doing a great job, but we still need to gently let them know (complain :D) when we are confused or something is wrong.

Absolutely! They have been looking at all of this stuff for months and it totally makes sense to them! We need to be guided through it...

I earned 1/2 price conference too, but did not get the refund...

SusanBP0129 said:
I earned 1/2 price conference too, but did not get the refund...

Nothing for me either. They flyer said we'd be refunded in the manner we paid and there is no credit pending in my bank account either (I paid in full via PC debit).

Just thought to check on... I registered for conference the day it opened and my refund from overpaying conference club was on my mid-month commission and it's listed there but not on the month-end. Maybe check there?

finley1991 said:
Just thought to check on... I registered for conference the day it opened and my refund from overpaying conference club was on my mid-month commission and it's listed there but not on the month-end. Maybe check there?

I paid with conference club. I had $283.33 in conference club and $83.33 was refunded mid month. I then at month end was refunded $100 out of the $200.

Still trying to figure mine out. I do a breakdown every month of my own and I am usually either right on the money or slightly off.

I was paid less than what I had figured so I am now setting up my spreadsheet to reflect how they have our commission set up. What I am finding is that I was paid more for somethings that I thought I would not be paid, and less for somethings that are not broken down into as much detail. Determined to figure it out, however!!

I am not a conference club member and I did not receive a half off refund so it must be later that we get that. Usually I am a CClub member but just didn't sign up for it this year. Hope I don't regret it because it helped me balance conference costs out!

<h2>1. How does the Director Overrides program work?</h2><p>The Director Overrides program allows Directors at Pampered Chef to earn additional income by receiving a percentage of their team's sales. This is in addition to the commissions they earn for their own personal sales.</p><h2>2. How much do I need to sell to qualify for the Director Overrides program?</h2><p>In order to qualify for the Director Overrides program, you need to have at least two Senior Consultants on your team and meet the minimum sales requirements set by Pampered Chef.</p><h2>3. How much can I earn through the Director Overrides program?</h2><p>The amount you can earn through the Director Overrides program varies depending on your team's sales and your own personal sales. Some Directors are able to make a six-figure income through this program.</p><h2>4. Do I need to be a Director to participate in the Director Overrides program?</h2><p>Yes, only Directors at Pampered Chef are eligible to participate in the Director Overrides program.</p><h2>5. Can I still earn overrides if I don't have any personal sales?</h2><p>No, in order to earn overrides through the Director Overrides program, you must have at least some personal sales. However, the majority of your earnings will come from your team's sales.</p>

1. How does the Director Overrides program work?

The Director Overrides program allows Directors at Pampered Chef to earn additional income by receiving a percentage of their team's sales. This is in addition to the commissions they earn for their own personal sales.

2. How much do I need to sell to qualify for the Director Overrides program?

In order to qualify for the Director Overrides program, you need to have at least two Senior Consultants on your team and meet the minimum sales requirements set by Pampered Chef.

3. How much can I earn through the Director Overrides program?

The amount you can earn through the Director Overrides program varies depending on your team's sales and your own personal sales. Some Directors are able to make a six-figure income through this program.

4. Do I need to be a Director to participate in the Director Overrides program?

Yes, only Directors at Pampered Chef are eligible to participate in the Director Overrides program.

5. Can I still earn overrides if I don't have any personal sales?

No, in order to earn overrides through the Director Overrides program, you must have at least some personal sales. However, the majority of your earnings will come from your team's sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies