• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggles of Recruiting for Director Qualification: Tips and Frustrations

In summary, the conversation revolves around the frustration of recruiting and retaining team members. The speaker is actively recruiting and has a few active team members, but also has some who have gone inactive. They are worried about being passed up for directorship by one of their recruits and are trying to focus on recruiting more to reach their goal. The speaker is advised to keep sharing the business and have faith, as it takes time and effort to build a successful team. There is also a question about what happens if a recruit promotes to director before the speaker, to which it is stated that the recruiter has three months to promote before the recruit bypasses them.
pamperedmom2owen
Okay, I'm starting to get a little frustrated! I'm doing great at recruiting right now (not bragging :p ). But I feel like I'm fighting a battle that I'm continually losing ground in! I recruit anyone who is interested, be it p/t, f/t, whatever. But I feel like I just get someone qualified (almost there, almost there...) and someone decides to go inactive! My director says I'm doing everything I can, keeping in touch, etc., but it is just so frustrating! :mad: I've got 7 recruits, 5 that are active, 3 that aren't qualified, and one is getting ready to go inactive! How long does it generally take to make that leap into directorship??

I know it's frustrating but have faith! It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I have been told it's much harder to get Directorship than to lose it and that's how you would want it! We can't make them stay active and that's why we keep sharing the business with more and more people!

I know you will be walking at National Conference!! Keep us posted!

Working, coming, and goingMy AD and I were just talking about this the other night in our one-on-one training. She said that every month, 1/3 are working, 1/3 are coming (just starting), and 1/3 are leaving.

I know you are actively recruiting, but the numbers you listed confirm what she said. Just keep recruiting, and continue to work with those who are active and pursuing this at whatever level!

Hope this helps!

I know what...you are going through! I was with the Pampered Chef 2 1/2 years before I promoted to Director in October 2005. I had 5, 6, 7, and even 8 recruits...up down..up down! :( It was so hard, I almost gave up. But, finally in September one inactive recruit reactivated while I had 4 active, qualified and 2 SS; thus, I finally promoted to Director. I didn't even know I had promoted until I received the call from home office!

Don't give up..it will happen! We can control everything in our business except our team! It is hard to depend on other consultants to commit to something you believe in, but you will find them! Just be patient! I had met every other goal I had set for myself when I set them; directorship seemed to allude me!

After promoting in October, I was so afraid of loosing Directorship after achieving it I went on a "recruiting spree!" I also trained my team to start recruiting from Day 1! Since November, my team has grown from 6 to 16 :D ! Not too bad for 3 1/2 months! I also have my first future Director and a couple recruits with 1 team member!

It is much easier to maintain Directorship than it ever was to achieve Directorship!

Keep sharing the business and you will acheive what you want! :D

Oh the frustration. I’ve been in the business for nearly five years. Future Director for three of those (I think). Being a Director is just the first step of what I hope is a long and successful career with the Pampered Chef. This year I’ve changed my focus (intention) to recruiting. I have a few people who have shown some interest but no one is biting.

My problem (concern)? My first recruit is doing a fantastic job and she just received her letter inviting her to become a Director. I know she wants this in her business and I know that I want to get there first and be one step closer to Advanced Director. I try not to worry about it and I’ll try not to freak out too much if she passes me by, but I will be sorely disappointed if that happens. One consolation, she doesn’t want to pass by me . . . so I have until that magic date prior to National Conference to get (at least) two more folks on my team. Then, she and I can walk the stage together!

In the meantime, I just keep booking shows, meeting people and inviting them to take a look at this great opportunity.

Quick question...What happens if a recruit promotes to Director before you? I know she is still your recruit but is she still in your downline or is she in your Directors downline?

soonerchef said:
What happens if a recruit promotes to Director before you? I know she is still your recruit but is she still in your downline or is she in your Directors downline?
Pampered Chef gives the recruiter (Mary) 3 months to promote to director. If Mary does not promote, then the recruit (Susie) bypasses Mary and Susie is no longer in Mary's downline. Susie then moves to Mary's director's first line.

BethCooks4U said:
Pampered Chef gives the recruiter (Mary) 3 months to promote to director. If Mary does not promote, then the recruit (Susie) bypasses Mary and Susie is no longer in Mary's downline. Susie then moves to Mary's director's first line.

Wow! I did not know that! If the recruiter is already a director and then you bypass that person and become an advanced director before they do, does the same thing apply?

NoOnce you become a Director your team members can not bypass you. :D You will always have them on your team even if they promote higher and faster than you! So you could be a Director and have a Senior Director in your downline.

thanks guys for the answer to my question....

pamperedmom2owen...I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I always say that if I want something badly enough it will happen. Director is the same thing, and quite obviously you want it and it will happen.

I love it..."high jack" her thread! Such a creative use of words! Shame on you for high jacking her thread! :p

I know I am such a BAD, BAD, BAD girl! I promise to never do it again!
:D :D :D :D

1. What is a Director in Qualification?

A Director in Qualification is a title given to Pampered Chef consultants who are working towards achieving the rank of Director within the company. It is a step towards leadership and comes with increased responsibilities and benefits.

2. How do I become a Director in Qualification?

To become a Director in Qualification, you must first reach the rank of Senior Consultant and then meet certain sales and team building requirements set by Pampered Chef. This typically includes maintaining a certain level of monthly sales and having a team of at least three active consultants.

3. What are the benefits of being a Director in Qualification?

As a Director in Qualification, you will have access to leadership training, support, and resources to help you grow your business. You will also have the opportunity to attend exclusive events and earn additional bonuses and incentives.

4. Can I still sell products as a Director in Qualification?

Yes, you can still sell products as a Director in Qualification. In fact, selling products is an important part of building your team and achieving the rank of Director. However, your main focus will shift towards mentoring and supporting your team members.

5. How long does it take to become a Director in Qualification?

The time it takes to become a Director in Qualification varies for each consultant. It depends on your individual sales and team building efforts. Some consultants may achieve this rank in a few months, while others may take a year or more. It is important to set achievable goals and consistently work towards them to reach this level of leadership within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies