1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Director in Qualification

1. pamperedmom2owen

pamperedmom2owen Member

Okay, I'm starting to get a little frustrated! I'm doing great at recruiting right now (not bragging :p ). But I feel like I'm fighting a battle that I'm continually losing ground in! I recruit anyone who is interested, be it p/t, f/t, whatever. But I feel like I just get someone qualified (almost there, almost there...) and someone decides to go inactive! My director says I'm doing everything I can, keeping in touch, etc., but it is just so frustrating! :mad: I've got 7 recruits, 5 that are active, 3 that aren't qualified, and one is getting ready to go inactive! How long does it generally take to make that leap into directorship??

2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I know it's frustrating but have faith! It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I have been told it's much harder to get Directorship than to lose it and that's how you would want it! We can't make them stay active and that's why we keep sharing the business with more and more people!

I know you will be walking at National Conference!! Keep us posted!

Feb 20, 2006
  3. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

Working, coming, and going

My AD and I were just talking about this the other night in our one-on-one training. She said that every month, 1/3 are working, 1/3 are coming (just starting), and 1/3 are leaving.

I know you are actively recruiting, but the numbers you listed confirm what she said. Just keep recruiting, and continue to work with those who are active and pursuing this at whatever level!

Hope this helps!

Feb 20, 2006
  4. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

I know what...

you are going through! I was with the Pampered Chef 2 1/2 years before I promoted to Director in October 2005. I had 5, 6, 7, and even 8 recruits...up down..up down! :( It was so hard, I almost gave up. But, finally in September one inactive recruit reactivated while I had 4 active, qualified and 2 SS; thus, I finally promoted to Director. I didn't even know I had promoted until I received the call from home office!

Don't give up..it will happen! We can control everything in our business except our team! It is hard to depend on other consultants to commit to something you believe in, but you will find them! Just be patient! I had met every other goal I had set for myself when I set them; directorship seemed to allude me!

After promoting in October, I was so afraid of loosing Directorship after achieving it I went on a "recruiting spree!" I also trained my team to start recruiting from Day 1! Since November, my team has grown from 6 to 16 :D ! Not too bad for 3 1/2 months! I also have my first future Director and a couple recruits with 1 team member!

It is much easier to maintain Directorship than it ever was to achieve Directorship!

Keep sharing the business and you will acheive what you want! :D

Feb 20, 2006
  5. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

Oh the frustration. I’ve been in the business for nearly five years. Future Director for three of those (I think). Being a Director is just the first step of what I hope is a long and successful career with the Pampered Chef. This year I’ve changed my focus (intention) to recruiting. I have a few people who have shown some interest but no one is biting.

My problem (concern)? My first recruit is doing a fantastic job and she just received her letter inviting her to become a Director. I know she wants this in her business and I know that I want to get there first and be one step closer to Advanced Director. I try not to worry about it and I’ll try not to freak out too much if she passes me by, but I will be sorely disappointed if that happens. One consolation, she doesn’t want to pass by me . . . so I have until that magic date prior to National Conference to get (at least) two more folks on my team. Then, she and I can walk the stage together!

In the meantime, I just keep booking shows, meeting people and inviting them to take a look at this great opportunity.

Feb 21, 2006
  6. soonerchef

soonerchef Veteran Member

Quick question...

What happens if a recruit promotes to Director before you? I know she is still your recruit but is she still in your downline or is she in your Directors downline?

Feb 21, 2006
  7. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Pampered Chef gives the recruiter (Mary) 3 months to promote to director. If Mary does not promote, then the recruit (Susie) bypasses Mary and Susie is no longer in Mary's downline. Susie then moves to Mary's director's first line.

Feb 21, 2006
  8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Wow! I did not know that! If the recruiter is already a director and then you bypass that person and become an advanced director before they do, does the same thing apply?

Feb 21, 2006
  9. fruit76loop

No

Once you become a Director your team members can not bypass you. :D You will always have them on your team even if they promote higher and faster than you! So you could be a Director and have a Senior Director in your downline.

Feb 22, 2006
  10. soonerchef

thanks guys for the answer to my question....

pamperedmom2owen...I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I always say that if I want something badly enough it will happen. Director is the same thing, and quite obviously you want it and it will happen.

Feb 22, 2006
  11. fruit76loop

I love it...

"high jack" her thread! Such a creative use of words! Shame on you for high jacking her thread! :p

Feb 22, 2006
  12. soonerchef

I know I am such a BAD, BAD, BAD girl! I promise to never do it again!
    :D :D :D :D

Feb 22, 2006
Have something to add?